Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Seeking a flat stomach in 3 weeks! >

Seeking a flat stomach in 3 weeks!

Community
Notices

Seeking a flat stomach in 3 weeks!

Old 06-23-2010, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Don't fall into the "Fat is bad for you' trap. Fat, like carbohydrates, are neccesary for bodily functions. I have read an analogy the fat is the racing fuel of nutrients. Healthy fat (poly- and mono-saturated) increases heart health, reduces inflammation and reduces blood cholesterol. The highly touted, Omega-3 is a fat.

Fat is less likely to be stored as fat than simple carbohydrates when in a caloric surplus. Besides the fact that fat has been shown to have a satiating effect on hunger and cravings. Making it easier to stay within your caloric target. You need to get a minimum of 20% of your calories from fat in your diet to maintain bodily functions and health.

Two suggestions to help you maximize your results would be to cut back or eliminate your juice and wine consumption. These are both high calorie, simple carbohydrate, sources.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

You've got some drastic work to do, but I think you can get some appreciable results in two weeks.

1. Drop the grains and added sugar out of the diet. It's just for two weeks, so I think you can handle it.

2. Up protein and animal fat, reduce vegetable oils.

3. As many vegetables and fruits as you can cram in.

Basically this means, lots of fruits, veggies, and MEAT. It's best if you can cook it yourself, but if you can't, I'd even go so far as to actually recommend something like Carl's Jr. Low-Carb six-dollar burger. The caveat is that your total calories should remain 1500-2000 to fuel your workouts.

For exercise, run sprints up the sides of hills twice a week, lift heavy weights for low reps twice a week, moderate weights for 6-10 reps twice a week. Pick total body compound movements like squats, deadlifts, pull-ups, rows, etc. instead of isolation and machine movements.

And get eight hours of sleep a night.

Two weeks to go all out!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:17 PM
FitDay Member

Hey garager - complete newbie here and I saw your thread - hows it coming along??

I have been wokring on the abs as well - I have found that even just by wokring the abdominals regularly (I have read somewhere that the abdominals are one of the few muscles groups that can be worked hard every day - am I correct in this?) and getting them toned makes a world of difference to the overall appearance even if you dont manage to shift those inches in time, the muslce tone will work wonders to the eye.

Oh, and rpmcduff - great work on the stats at the end of your message there
Old 06-25-2010, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ruchyp
Oh, and rpmcduff - great work on the stats at the end of your message there
Thank you. I find it very motivational to put my stat out there. I recommend everyone do it. Makes you accountable and it reminds me of the success I have had when I hit a plateau.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

Go to the bodybuilding .com forums and look at the Keto Diet. It is a low carb option and will cause your body to use your fat stores as fuel. Basicly the same concept as Atkins but you consume more heathy fats such as olive oil and avacado's. If you plug your meals into your food section here, it will break down your Macros on the bottom of the page, just keep your fat intake at 60% protein at 35% and carbs around 5%. Best of luck.