Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Fit Day calories burned calculator accurate? close? Helped you lose weight? >

Fit Day calories burned calculator accurate? close? Helped you lose weight?

Community
Notices

Fit Day calories burned calculator accurate? close? Helped you lose weight?

Old 06-24-2010, 10:57 PM
FitDay Member

I've had really good luck with my calculations in the past. My activity level is probably seated with some movement, but I set it as seated all day to be more conservative in the estimate. I've hit my goals in time or early by following the recommendations, or even having a smaller calorie deficit than fitday recommends. For example, I gave myself a month to lose 7 pounds before a cruise last October, and by using fitday, I hit my goal the day before I left for my trip. I'm using it right now to hit vacation weight once again, and so far, I'm ahead of schedule.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sarkai90
I've had really good luck with my calculations in the past. My activity level is probably seated with some movement, but I set it as seated all day to be more conservative in the estimate. I've hit my goals in time or early by following the recommendations, or even having a smaller calorie deficit than fitday recommends. For example, I gave myself a month to lose 7 pounds before a cruise last October, and by using fitday, I hit my goal the day before I left for my trip. I'm using it right now to hit vacation weight once again, and so far, I'm ahead of schedule.
thanks for the info....did you select the mifflin or harris option when you calulated your BMR?

Last edited by DecemberBlue; 06-25-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:20 PM
FitDay Member

I used the Mifflin equation. I have a friend that has a bodybugg, and she's compared her baseline metabolism to what fitday tells her, and they're pretty close. I think a lot of people make the mistake of overestimating their daily activity, and I think you're better off being conservative. I'd rather burn more calories that I expected... not less! Good luck- I hope it works well for you!
Old 06-26-2010, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sarkai90
I used the Mifflin equation. I have a friend that has a bodybugg, and she's compared her baseline metabolism to what fitday tells her, and they're pretty close. I think a lot of people make the mistake of overestimating their daily activity, and I think you're better off being conservative. I'd rather burn more calories that I expected... not less! Good luck- I hope it works well for you!
Thanks you and everyone for all your help!