Notices

No matter which method

Old 04-11-2015, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default No matter which method

No matter which method you use training. You have to train with weights because it is the essential weapon in any exercise program that will help increase muscle mass, increase your metabolism and burn fat.

3. Make at least 30 minutes of cardio 3 times a week.

Combine cardio with your weight training will help you burn more calories, will serve to increase your cardio-pulmonary resistance and increase blood flow throughout the body. Try what you like: running, swimming, biking, etc.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 04-11-2015 at 11:42 AM. Reason: removed links
Old 04-12-2015, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

Smile So True! Even a disability doesn't have to stop you!

I agree whole heartedly with you! In 2006, I lost 86 lbs following the Atkins plan and lost it in only 9 months by walking 5-7 miles a day and drinking 1/2 my body weight in water (up to 100 ounces -per Drs. Orders). I kept the weight off until 2008 when my back was damaged on the job as a paramedic which resulted in docs orders limiting my walking or standing more than 15 mins at a time. Since then, I have lost and gained back the same 20-30 lbs a couple of times. I can only exercise in the local heated therapy pool. They have water weights that help me work on the arms and I walk laps across the pool for 20-40 mins at least 3 days a week. I also can float in the water and bring my knees upward to my chest like crunchies to exercise my ab muscles. This just goes to show that a disability may not hold you down if you want it bad enough. I actually feel much better after exercising. I was in a wheelchair for over a year, and then I did a couple of dvds of chair exercises a week. I couldn't do all of them, but I did what I could.