Notices

new to fitday

Old 01-11-2010, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Smile new to fitday

Hi Names Jessica -was wondering if anyone had any tips..i'm a stay at home mom of 2..oldest daughter is audrie shes 4 1/2 in pre-k half day..youngest is dakota 18 months.i never sit still i am always up moving..so it's a wonder why I haven't lost mwieght yet.probably because it's easier to grab something bad for me than healthy..it's easier to make one meal for everyone ..eat fast as i can to get kids bathed in bed and dishes washed..i need tips..i placed fruit in a bowl on the counter to keep me from grabbing cookies or chips..so far so good..but any moms out there that have any tips how to stay on track..i am 25 yeas old 5'61/2 i wiegh 209 pounds i do have a large bone structure doctor told me safe wieght is no lower than 140 my goal is 165 by june 25 my sons bday.help anyone that has tips ....
Old 01-12-2010, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default HI Jessica

My best tip is to use Fitday every day. Record everything you eat, and all your activities. This keeps you mindful.

Once you get the hang of it, it only takes a few minutes, and after a few days or weeks, you'll begin to see patterns that will help you make adjustments.

Best wishes.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Buy a Pedometer

Hi there! Even though you may be moving a lot, you may not really be getting much exercise. Buy a pedometer and see how many steps you are actually taking each day. The goal is 10K according to Dr. Oz. I also record everything that I eat or drink. It's too easy to cheat if you don't. You will think twice before you eat anything because recording it holds you accountable. Good luck!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

thanks for the tips....sometimes its hard to log on between kids getting one ready for school..cooking cleaning laundry and getting them in bed..all i want to do is go to bed..lol.. i cut my calories back to 900 a day and it s been 2 days since i did it..i have lost 5 pounds ....not starving just eating low calorie food...hopefully it helps faster..lol.been doing jillian micheals metoblism booster dvd..but my hip popped out of place prob 2 months ago when i was doing the side kick..omg it still hurts
Old 01-23-2010, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Jess, it is great you are taking steps to get healthy! You want to be around for a long time to see those kids grow up!

However, 900 calories is not enough to keep you healthy. The lowest you should ever go is 1200, and that is really pushing it. At 900 calories you are not getting all the nutrients your body requires and you could end up getting really weak, exhausted, lightheaded, faint and malnutritioned at that!!

You should try eating 5 or 6 times a day, trying to get some protein with most of those meals/snacks. Try and eat 11 almonds during the day, whether all at once as a snack, or distributed over the day...they are a good protein source and have the good fats we need. You can safely eat up to 6 eggs a week, and as many egg whites as you want, so you could have a hard boiled egg most days, or you could make yourself an omlette with one egg and one or two egg whites.

Another trick is to avoid "white" food. White bread, white flour, white rice, white sugar, potatoes, etc. Your body converts those foods into sugar in your body very quickly causing blood sugar spikes and crashes, which will increase your appetite.

Eat veggies to your hearts content (except potatoes!), they are low cal, full of good nutrients and fibre. Eat fruit, but don't overdo the fruit as it is full of natural sugars and carbs. Avoid fruit juices as they aren't filling and don't contain the fibres of real fruit.

Well I think I have given enough advice for one day!! LOL!! Good luck! But please, crank up your calorie intake to 1200 a day minimum!!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hello, my name is Melinda and I am a diabetic Type 2 and also new to Fitday. I'm trying to find ways to lower my carbs and lose weight. It has been a struggle for the majority of my adult life to lose weight and maintain what I have lost. I have been on ww, nutrisystem, quick diet, and various homemade diets. When I work out religiously, I seem to get very sick broncitis, flu, etc. Any suggestions for a healthy eating and exercise regime?
Old 01-29-2010, 08:26 PM
FitDay Member

Jessica,
I have small kids at home and also find it hard to log my food onto fitday throughout a busy day. But, I write everything down as soon as I eat and then at the end of the day (or when the kids are napping) I sit down and log away. That way u don't forget anything- hopefully
Old 01-29-2010, 09:32 PM
FitDay Member

NO WHITE STUFF IS PERFECT...It takes me 48 hrs. to decarb my poor bode. After that, no cravings for breads, sugars, and that BAD stuff. On day two now. Working on 1200 calories per day. Only 4' 7" and every pound shows. Walking one mile a day.

Was craving last night. So, I took 2 oz. of fresh turkey. VOILA, satisfied and went right to sleep.