Give me some advice on Special K Protein bars >

Give me some advice on Special K Protein bars

Community
Notices

Give me some advice on Special K Protein bars

Old 02-03-2015, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Give me some advice on Special K Protein bars

i read on a site, forum, somewhere that if you choose a protein bar keep it at under 200 cal, it should have 10 g prot and decent fiber. so the special k bars fit that criteria, but now im reading they arent good....and i have been eating them for months and now im thinking is this why im gaining weight? is it my estrogen i take(i had total hyster in 2012) im exercising and working out and watching what i eat but the scale keeps climbing!! i lift weights but im not litfing so much that my weight goes up as much as it has-ive gained about 6 lbs since Oct....so now im wanting to pitch the bars....
Old 02-03-2015, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

I think the issue with those things is the sugar content. I eat Clif Builder Bars and they are quite high in calories - 270 each - but they have 22 grams of protein which I really need, and so I accept the trade off. I am still losing fine.

Check the sugar content, if it's really high, you may want to cut it out of your plan. Or, if you have been eating them for many months, try changing snacks to something new. You may also need to change up your exercise routine if you do the same things all the time; our bodies can occasionally need a little reboot/shake up.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

I look at the list of ingredients. I try to stick with foods with the fewest number of ingredients, ingredients I know and can pronounce and, last but not least, if sugar is an ingredient, where it is on the list. I've found that anytime sugar (or sugar by another name) is one of the first 5 ingredients listed, it triggers cravings in me. For instance, my husband bought turkey bacon instead of regular bacon thinking that since it was only 25 calories a slice, it was a good thing and would cut down on calories and fat. While it is low in total calories, fats grams, and has no sugar carbs listed, when I looked at the ingredient list, I found sugar as the THIRD ingredient--now I know why I get a sugar craving when I eat it. I can't afford to throw away food, but I can use it in dishes for him--and my chihuahua and cats LOVE it! Vicki
Old 02-04-2015, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

well, the ones ive been eating have 15 g of sugar, i guess that's high? heck i dont know. 170 cal...10g protein...5 g fiber...it has 15-20 % of some vit and min....thought they were fairly decent, but we read so many conflicting articles...i have found som others im gonna try out, only have 4 of these left so i'll eat them and then look for some alternatives
Old 02-06-2015, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

You might want to try QuestBars, you can get them at GNC. They're usually under 200 calories, 20+ grams of Protein and 3-5 Net Carbs. Plenty of flavors to choose from but I like the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or the Cookies and Cream probably the best. Some of the others have too subtle a flavor, but there are other good ones too.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

k
q
Old 03-02-2015, 09:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default Jucing for health

you might want to try juicing. Juicing for health adds in a bit of variety to your diet while helping you acquire essential nutrients from fruits and vegetables. What Exactly is Juicing? click here: juicing for health

Last edited by Kathy13118; 03-04-2015 at 03:16 AM. Reason: removed link