Notices

Making Weight Loss Simple

Old 01-15-2015, 11:24 PM
FitDay Member

Default Making Weight Loss Simple

I spent my life on diets and really don't think I truly enjoyed any of them. I hate the thought of a diet because it means there's a start and an end - so then what happens? All I ever really wanted was something I could maintain that fit my lifestyle. What I found is a way to "release" weight, not "lose" it - I don't ever want to "find" it again! Our body composition changes with weight loss so it is important to take measurements throughout your journey and not just rely on the scales. I released 3.4kg which didn't seem like much, however, I dropped 2 dress sizes. My body composition completely changed. You need to write down your health goal, know what you want to look and feel like and then set goals for each step of your journey. This is so important so you stay motivated, especially if you have a big goal. I really just wanted to gain more energy, knowing the weight loss would help. I was so glad I took measurements, my actual weight management journey continues - I strive for better health with a balance.

In order to release weight, you must intake less calories than the calories you burn in a day. So yes, you will have to modify your food and/or increase your exercise. Some of you may not be ready for exercise yet and that's okay, you can build up to it. Exercise is an excellent source of burning calories, not to mention numerous other benefits. You will want to choose a combination of cardio as well as weights. Choose something you enjoy - bike riding, running, walking, surfing, basketball, skipping, skiing - for your cardio and mix it up as often as you can. Your body adapts to what you are doing and by changing it up regularly, it will have to keep working different muscles. Weights are really important to keep your muscle mass which keeps your metabolism elevated. Please don't think you're going to bulk up if you do weights - that's another program altogether! When designing your weight loss journey it is important to choose whole foods as opposed to refined or processed foods. The easiest way to remember this is to shop on the outskirts of the supermarket - fresh is best. The frequency of your meals and snacks is also important to keep your metabolism working. Ideally 3 meals and 2 snacks per day ensures you are feeding your body regularly. I'm loving the changes in my body and health and hope you decide that now is the time to make a difference.

Article Source: toperfectbody.blogspot perfect body

Last edited by Kathy13118; 01-16-2015 at 02:46 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 01-17-2015, 09:32 PM
FitDay Member

I second you on that; diet and exercise are two essential aspects of weight loss journey. For exercise as you said, one does not need to really workout; an addition to our daily life routine can make a lot of difference like cycling, running, walking, etc. Diet is for all those who believe they eat excessively; if you feel that your meals are as common as your healthy friends, going on a diet plan is not going to work but exercise will.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

I second it too. I have been athletic all my life. I love kick-boxing, atleast a 30 minute jog, I eat small portions of food all the time. I try to focus on resting metabolism. Plus, there are weight-loss boosters. Personally speaking, I also like using ayurvedic medicines for weight-loss like Epica Oil by Prakruti JiyoFresh. It is simply fabulous. All you need to do is apply it externally.
Old 06-07-2015, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Healthy dieting and weight loss tips

We don’t always eat simply to satisfy hunger. If we did, no one would be overweight. All too often, we turn to food for comfort and stress relief. When this happens, we frequently pack on pounds.

Do you reach for a snack while watching TV? Do you eat when you’re stressed or bored? When you’re lonely? Or to reward yourself? Recognizing your emotional eating triggers can make all the difference in your weight loss efforts:

1. If you eat when you’re stressed, find healthier ways to calm yourself. Try exercise, yoga, meditation, or soaking in a hot bath.

2. If you eat when you’re feeling low on energy, find other mid-afternoon pick-me-ups. Try walking around the block, listening to energizing music, or taking a short nap.

3. If you eat when you’re lonely or bored, reach out to others instead of reaching for the refrigerator. Call a friend who makes you laugh, take your dog for a walk, or go out in public (to the library, mall, or park—anywhere there’s people).

Last edited by nancydisam; 07-03-2015 at 02:29 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:52 PM
FitDay Member

Its modern proverb"Early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy,wealthy and wise"

My observation says ,less eat as well as less sleep also key of fitness.Walking is best exercise also most considerable.