FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   tea (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/11558-tea.html)

Janetestdoe30 11-26-2014 01:39 AM

tea

Does tea have any effect on weight loss?

Kathy13118 11-26-2014 02:50 AM

It helps by adding to your water intake. It also tastes good and has little or no calories!

AprilMcClintock 11-26-2014 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Janetestdoe30 (Post 112461)

Yes, teas, most specifically green teas can increase fat burning, boost metabolism and can help you lose weight. They contain anti-oxidants and various substances that are beneficial to your health. However, make sure to always read the food labels before using one.

PaulinHildreth 11-27-2014 04:41 PM

Especially green teas, they help a lot on your weight loss. It is loaded with antioxidants and various substances that are beneficial for health. Green tea really shines is in its massive range of antioxidants.

EvilDoctor 11-30-2014 11:37 PM

Aye green tea does work miracles but as April mentioned: do read the labels. Some of those so called "teas" are not good and have no benefit for your health. Oh and also don't put any sugar in your tea as it tends to ruin the benefits too ;)

tanim7 12-25-2014 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Janetestdoe30 (Post 112461)

Yes tea is very good for health. It is very helpful to lose weight or to maintain health.;)

Anne3091 12-28-2014 08:20 PM

Tea is really very good for weightloss. It boosts the metabolism. The gren tea helps to burn Calories. So take a cup of tea and loose weight. :)

zapata99 01-04-2015 10:49 PM

Green tea is more than just hot, flavored water.
When you drink a cup of quality tea, you’re actually getting a large amount of beneficial substances with potent biological effects
Green tea contains bioactive substances like caffeine and EGCG, which can have powerful effects on metabolism.
The substances in green tea increase levels of hormones that tell fat cells to break down fat. This releases fat into the bloodstream and makes it available as energy.
A number of studies show that green tea extract can boost the burning of fat. The effect is even stronger when exercising.Several studies show that green tea can boost metabolism and help people burn about 3-4% more calories each day.

paisleyjane 01-05-2015 08:25 AM

I drink tea to curb my appetite; I use it in the evenings to stop from munching on snack food. It's warm and tasty and doesn't have calories (unless you cream/sugar it, but I don't). Some teas boost metabolism, but even if they didn't, it's still helpful for getting hydrated and staying off the snacks :)

GreenHillTea 01-06-2015 01:03 AM

Hi...Janetestdoe30

While many studies focus on tea, it's important to find a tea (green or otherwise) that you enjoy drinking. Some teas are quite strong in flavor and can be unpleasant if you're not used to the taste.Many types of of tea that you drink properly then you will find fit and healthy and specialy it loose your weight.