Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Loose skin question? >

Loose skin question?

Community
Notices

Loose skin question?

Old 02-18-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

This thread is back from the dead , but certainly relevant. I was kinda hoping to avoid the major excess skin problem by losing relatively slowly (though I suppose it hasn't been THAT slow, no matter what it seems like) but alas, I have skin to spare and I'm sure it will get worse as the fat loss progresses.

However, I agree 110%--some loose baggy skin is a SMALL PRICE to pay for the benefits of losing weight.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-18-2011, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

I have to admit, I have been very afraid of loose skin. Haven't lost enough yet to know if it's going to be a problem. Although my lower belly is shrinking fast, I keep feeling it to see if it feels more like skin than fat.

To those of you who do have loose skin, are you seeing more of it in places where you have stretch marks?

The reason I ask, is because somehow I got pretty lucky and don't have many stretch marks, so I'm hoping this means I didn't completely ruin the elasticity in my skin.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

My worst area is my lower stomach - but I have had 4 children, and even at my top weight the skin was a bit loose. I too agree, some saggy skin is a very small price to pay to be a smaller, healthier me.

Julieann
Old 02-18-2011, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
There is a laser procedure that can improve skin elasticity and tighten it up - not sure if it works with a lot of excess skin. I'm 42, have lost 45 lbs over the past year and I can handle loose skin on the legs, stomach etc... it's under the chin that's bothering me. I still have another 80 lbs to go and I'm really worried about the wattle...
Julieann
I find a couple facial exercises help with the wattle and to tone your face. Do a search for facial yoga. A side effect has been to stop my snoring as it tightens your throat muscles. Another side effect is the uncontrollable laughter of anyone who happens to catch me doing "the Lion" and other faces.

Mary
Old 02-18-2011, 09:36 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks - I will check into it.

Julieann