Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Treadmill/workout? time and heathly living? >

Treadmill/workout? time and heathly living?

Community
Notices

Old 08-24-2014, 02:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default Treadmill/workout? time and heathly living?

I am going to start working out again... I have a treadmill I want to know how long I should walk/jog on it daily!? Im going to combine it with light weights and crunches... I went from 150 to 215 pounds in a year and feel disgusing...... and tips will be highly appericated! Thanks!!

Last edited by Kathy13118; 08-24-2014 at 04:25 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 08-24-2014, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

My suggestion would to be do as much time as you can manage! If you start out with say 10 minutes walking, that's a great starting place! Over time, you can increase the challenge by walking faster, increasing the incline or going for a longer duration. Start where you can and work your way up to increase the challenge. If you're walking or doing something similar that's lower in intensity, I would say that over time you should aim for 60 minutes. If you're doing something more vigorous like running, I would aim for 30 minutes over time. Just do what you can! Aim to do more than you're doing now and you'll make progress
Old 09-10-2014, 08:50 PM
FitDay Member

lildebbieg
thanks for posting this information is very important for my and help full
Old 09-20-2014, 11:44 PM
FitDay Member

Default Jog/run

Originally Posted by kiky222
I am going to start working out again... I have a treadmill I want to know how long I should walk/jog on it daily!? Im going to combine it with light weights and crunches... I went from 150 to 215 pounds in a year and feel disgusing...... and tips will be highly appericated! Thanks!!
Here's a tip: run at your own pace. you can start by running 20 mins per day on a slow pace then day after of you can manage your strength while running increase it. Also, keep on eye on our diet

need new treadmills?

Last edited by Kathy13118; 09-21-2014 at 05:27 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 09-24-2014, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Start slowly, walk 10 minutes at a time. Try to walk 10 min. take a short break, then walk another 10 min... I know when I walk on a treadmill watching TV or listening to music seems to make the time go faster.

I tell myself I will walk until this song is over or listen to 2 more songs then stop…this helps me walk for a longer period of time.

Hope this helps.