Notices

Weight Loss Tips?

Old 08-30-2014, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weight Loss Tips?

Weight Loss Tips?
Hey, I am an 18 year old male and am 6'5 and 260 LBS. Im still growing and might end up around 6'7.

I dont look fat, I just look like a big kid. Im trying to lose some weight over the next few months. How much should I loose and what should I do to get quick results.

Im a very picky eater and my diet consists of bagels,chips,pizza and pasta. Dont like a lot of foods. Hate stuff like eggs and salad. Dont really like meat unless its chicken breast.

I have tried dieting before but I get bored easily and stop the diet all together. Diet pills worked but I stopped because my heart was coming trhough my chest.

Any good excerise routines anyone knows of that work well too?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 08-30-2014 at 02:35 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 08-30-2014, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Your BMI is high (30) so if you don't look fat, good for you!

Set a calorie limit, measure what you eat, log it into the food log. You will find out how much you are eating now and how you can change your choices to stay within your calorie limit.

That, and exercise, will help you lose weight.

Your doctor could provide some insights, too.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:51 PM
FitDay Member

Many ways you can reduce the weight.Drinking lot of water,avoid the junk food.REduce the food quantity and also do the excercise.I have share some articles about the weight losing written by the.It is very useful and effective articles.It contains weight lose tips and tricks.

Last edited by taubele; 08-31-2014 at 11:11 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 08-31-2014, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

"Picky eating" is not going to help. I agree with Kathy that you should log your daily food to get an idea of what you're eating - and you have to be honest about it, put in every morsel that goes into your mouth!

Upping water intake and cutting out things like soda, beer and/or other sugary drinks may help you quickly lose some "water weight" (a few pounds in a few days), but that will come right back if your diet consists mostly of junk foods.

Try to find some healthy foods that you like to eat and add more of them to your daily food intake. Chicken breast is a good low-cal, high-protein food, but not if you're eating it with lots of bad sides. Keep trying foods, and don't be put off by new foods!

Portion control is also helpful. Read how much a serving of your foods actually is, it might be less than you think!

Good luck!
Old 09-10-2014, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

When losing weight it's very important that you create a balance between calorie intake and calorie burned. You have to always make that you burn off more calories than what you intake, this will force the body to start using body fat in order to maintain itself which will cause you to start losing weight.

You should also try to be more involved in exercising. So, why not join a nearby gym?
Old 11-06-2014, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by stephani22
Weight Loss Tips?
Hey, I am an 18 year old male and am 6'5 and 260 LBS. Im still growing and might end up around 6'7.

I dont look fat, I just look like a big kid. Im trying to lose some weight over the next few months. How much should I loose and what should I do to get quick results.

Im a very picky eater and my diet consists of bagels,chips,pizza and pasta. Dont like a lot of foods. Hate stuff like eggs and salad. Dont really like meat unless its chicken breast.

I have tried dieting before but I get bored easily and stop the diet all together. Diet pills worked but I stopped because my heart was coming trhough my chest.

Any good excerise routines anyone knows of that work well too?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Avoid process foods, chips and sodas. Eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly. You can also try natural weight loss supplements since these are the safe solution when you really want to lose weight. Of course, be sure to choose a quality product before using.

Keep in mind that to lose weight, you really need a little discipline on your diet and lifestyle. Make a simple changes and be sure that you stick to it to get the best results.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator

For any 'safe' solutions for weight loss, as far as supplements go: check with your doctor.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:09 PM
FitDay Member

If you want to lose weight, you can try these:

1. STEP AEROBICS
2. BICYCLING
3. SWIMMING
4. RACQUETBALL
5. ELLIPTICAL BURNER
6. ROWING
7. WALKING
Old 11-13-2014, 04:33 PM
Banned

A little change to a healthy lifestyle is a great factor. Setting a goal, regular exercise, adopting a good eating habit and watching your calories is a great factor to losing significant pounds. Incorporate fruits and vegetables in your diet. Watch your calorie intake and drink plenty of water. It also important to keep a regular physical activity.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:00 PM
FitDay Member

Many ways you can reduce the weight.Drinking lot of water,avoid the junk food.REduce the food quantity and also do the excercise. it's all about calories

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.