Notices

Question about weight loss

Old 04-04-2014, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Question about weight loss

First post so go easy on me!

I've been doing quite well with my weight loss and have lost around 25kg (about 4 stone). I don't eat that much and I do eat quite healthily, though, I do like a few glasses of wine in the evening. I'm sat down a lot of the time but I've recently starting weight training around 3 or 4 times a week, for about 2 weeks now, but my weight loss seems to have stalled, in fact if anything I think I've gained a couple of pounds.

So, do you think the weights have added more muscle weight to me?

And if I'm sat down a lot, but weight training for around 45mins, 3 to 5 times a week, will the sitting down counter act the training?

Thanks.

Great site btw.

Oh and I also have a fair bit of belly fat still which doesn't seem to come down in combination with the rest of my body fat, so any tips would be great.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

Congratulations on your weight loss! Tweak your diet a little bit to get out of that plateau - have you tried drinking more water?
Old 04-04-2014, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
Congratulations on your weight loss! Tweak your diet a little bit to get out of that plateau - have you tried drinking more water?
Hi, Kathy and thanks.

How should I tweak my diet?

I'm usually very good with drinking water but not so much lately. I'll give it a go. How would that help my weight loss?
Old 04-04-2014, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

One explanation I've heard is that when you drink less water, your body tends to retain water. When you drink more water, that water is no longer retained. Losing that retained water gives weight loss a little boost, for a short time at least.