FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   Weight Loss Tips? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/10856-weight-loss-tips.html)

GarrettHnatiuk 04-09-2014 09:50 PM

Weight Loss Tips?

I have a very good friend that has become very obese. He's having a very hard time coping with weight loss. Just like a friend i'm helpless and also help him. For those who have any information on from where could i ought to start. please let me know??

Kathy13118 04-10-2014 12:50 AM

Has your friend seen his doctor to discuss diet and his weight? He will need to consider physical activity because that is part of losing weight.

A lot of people have had success with weight loss when they use the food log here on fitday. If your friend measures what he eats and then enters it in a daily food log, he will see how many calories he is taking in every day. His doctor can also use that information when they discuss weight loss programs and diets.

Good luck to your friend. It's good he has a concerned friend like you!

GarrettHnatiuk 04-23-2014 07:13 PM

Thanks Kathy n Baren..

Aaryanlehan 04-28-2014 10:33 PM

Herbal Weight Loss

Hey there,

I would suggest you to have herbal green tea thrice a day. But you have to compromise with the taste.

CodyLun 05-05-2014 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by GarrettHnatiuk (Post 107340)
I have a very good friend that has become very obese. He's having a very hard time coping with weight loss. Just like a friend i'm helpless and also help him. For those who have any information on from where could i ought to start. please let me know??

Tell your friend to do exercise daily and follow balanced diet to lose weight

sfdonovan 05-06-2014 04:05 AM

One word..... willpower! That, in my honest opinion, is the best tip.

bestwaytoloseweight 05-12-2014 08:20 PM

women are looking sexy in slim figure. last 12 week ago my weight is 220 pounds . I feel uncomfortable every time and my husband was totally disturbed form me . i surf many of sites on internet for how to lose weight. I took many of pills but on effect of that pills on my body . one day is saw a 12 week training module on nutrition food that lose my weight up to 40 pounds in a month. now i feel better and my husband is feel comfortable with me and i shell thankful to that 12 week training module on nutrition food. :):):)

aiza55 05-14-2014 06:03 PM

Green Tea contains caffeine and the antioxidant epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) , which is proven to boost metabolic rate. In fact, in a recent 3 month study, participants who took Green Tea extract lost 4.6% of their body weight without changing their diet. To get the benefit, drink at least 3 cups a day.

Managespaces 05-18-2014 11:11 PM

Drink more water..

fitnessbyshane 05-20-2014 05:45 AM

I recommend trying something like Herbalife or Idlife. They are dietary supplements that help you to get on a healthy diet routine. Make sure you read all of the ingredients in both products in order to compare and find which one is best for you.

You also need to exercise. I recommend bodyweight exercises to start. Things like squats and lunges without weights. You are welcome to contact me if you have questions. I am a personal trainer and I own my own training facility.

MarkLudlow 05-20-2014 08:47 AM

Having once been over 100Ibs heavier than I am now, I know exactly what it is like to have a hard time coping with weight loss. Fortunately, I have now managed to shed the pounds and have been my ideal weight for over 2 and half years now.

Having lost such a huge amount of weight, completing a post graduate diploma in life coaching and now helping others achieve sustained weight loss, I would personally say that the best place to start is your friend’s mindset. It is common for people who have a lot of weight they want to lose to think predominantly about the end goal of losing such a substantial amount of weight. They often perceive this as too large a mountain to climb and as a result are more prone to easily giving up.

Instead, break the end goal down into bite size chunks say losing 1 to 2Ibs a week and during the journey focus on the progress that is being made since the journey began rather than thinking about the fact they have not yet reached the end target. This is a much more manageable and motivating way to deal with the challenge. Another good tool to stay motivated which I used a lot in my weight loss journey is to create ideal visions, which are all the amazing things he will be able to do once he reaches his target such as improved health, increased confidence, being able to wear fitted clothing and being able to live a more active life for example. Having these as a term of reference will maintain his motivation during those times when he feels deflated.

In terms of food intake, eating unprocessed foods that contain only 1 ingredient such as fresh meats and vegetables would be a good starting point.

As Kathy said above, your friend is very lucky to have someone like you looking out for him.

If you would like further tips on losing weight follow me at a well known media site beginning with T at ludlow_mark

adamskathleen14 05-23-2014 12:14 AM

Stop eating junk and bulky foods, drink lots of water, also drink green tea two times a day and most important do cardio workout..

erfakos 05-24-2014 06:45 AM

Some tips from me) You may be used to fried foods but there are other, sometimes healthier, ways to cook including: roasting, steaming, poaching, baking, braising and broiling. You might do better to replace an occasional dinner with a nice roll in the hay.http://fattyless.com/pix.png Got nuts with nuts. Eating a handful of nuts will help you stay full. Try soaking them in water for a different texture. Healthy sex may help control the amount of food you eat and it's great exercise.

mazymake325125 05-27-2014 05:22 PM

physically activity is important if you want to loss weight

healthdiscoveryjournal 06-01-2014 09:25 PM

Simple Fruit Compound Calling It His "#1 Miracle In A Bottle To Burn Your Fat"

Raspberry ketones are the compounds within raspberries that give the fruit its characteristic aroma. More important to dieters, however, is new research showing these compounds can also melt away the pounds.Raspberry ketone, a fruit extract that research shows may break up fat cells.

bugatti9632147 06-02-2014 04:50 AM

ok ok ok

he can eat green the after any food

Frank011 06-04-2014 08:42 PM

Very useful discussion which you discuss on this topic regarding weight lose, I would like to say that there are lots of medications and exercises to lose weight but its depend on you, If you really want to lose weight the go hard and get your dream true or you can use some authentic and Best Weight Loss Pills in Australia and get rid from overweight and ugly fats and get handsome and strong body.