Notices

"Eat to Live" with some modifications!

Old 03-22-2014, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Cool "Eat to Live" with some modifications!

Hi there...
I am new to this. I have NEVER done something like this online. I was told eons ago by a doctor to try eat to live by Dr. Fuhrman. I was like, "no thanks, I would rather have my mouth sewn shut". Anyhow, with God's timing and my attitude change I bought the book. I haven't even read the whole thing but I started. OK--now here is the part which might irk some. I do the whole fruit and plant based diet but I DO eat a small amount of chicken and I DO have fat in my salad dressings. I understand Dr. Fuhrman wants people who have major amounts of weigth and/or life threatneing issues to do the six week challenge. But I was like, "I have to LIVE with this!!!" I am one busy mama and the thought of doing without EVERYTHING that I find desirable was just too much to handle. I did it and after one week -- 6 lb weight loss. I could not believe it. Now, this could be starter's luck but I am keep going on. I did have a cheat meal and one cheat night of buttered popcorn and wine ( I looove me some wine). But this blew my mind. I have 35 lbs to lose to get super healthy. I am very thankful to God and Dr. Fuhrman. It is hard at times but I pray to get through it. I also have tantrums to get through it too. Anyway, I just thought I would share. It is such a departure from the way I was eating before. I had never lost weight like this before when I did Weight Watchers (not to knock weight watchers).
Thanks
Ade
Old 03-22-2014, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Congratulations on the weight loss! I like the Eat To Live program. I just bought one of the Eat to Live books for my kindle but I haven't devoted enough time to really reading it yet.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

I think you have a good concept here. It will be helpful for me and others also. Thanks
Old 04-03-2014, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on finding Eat To Live! Isn't it amazing? I bought the book after seeing Joel Fuhrman do cameos in "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead", "Forks Over Knives", and "Vegucated"; in addition to being featured on Dr. Oz. I thought that if one nutritionist/Doctor is being featured on all of those films/tv spots as the resident expert on weight loss and disease prevention, there must be something to his method.

I read the whole book cover to cover before starting the program on March 11th, so it has been three weeks and two days today. I have lost 7.9 lbs. My starting weight was 162.5, and my goal weight is 135, so I am 28% of the way to my goal and that aint bad after only three weeks.

My faves:
1. Not being hungry
2. Having absolutely NO food cravings!!! I can order a coffee at Peet's without so much as a hint of desire to buy a scone, croissant, or cookie. I eat dinner with my family of six and for the first time ever, feel no desire to taste what they are eating. It is incredible to have freedom from food cravings.
3. Loose jeans. My waistband is comfortable again. I LOVE THIS.

My struggles:
1. Not enjoying the low fat balsamic salad dressing; which makes it hard to want a salad at all. I really miss my olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper dressing.
2. Initially it was difficult to find certain raw, unhulled ingredients like sesame seeds. I think I have figured everything out now, though. The Coop and Amazon.com have had the most difficult to track down items.

I would love to hear your successes and struggles with Eat to Live. I would also like to get good recipe ideas