Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Has anyone gotten rid of the after pregnancy belly? >

Has anyone gotten rid of the after pregnancy belly?

Community
Notices

Has anyone gotten rid of the after pregnancy belly?

Old 05-17-2010, 11:20 AM
FitDay Member

Haha I am glad I checked this thread again, I needed a good laugh! You guys are great!

I see your point with the vanity, if it's to the point where self esteem is being effected, and you want surgery, I don't see anything wrong with that. It is good news that your skin isn't too stretched out though! If you do end up doing the surgery (I know it is a loong way away) - let me know how it goes!

I have the opposite problem of you guys, I lose weight in my bra first haha so I just get a little mis-proportioned... well, let's face it, I basically don't have anything left! I might be ok with saggy if it would make my husband stop calling me a little boy.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

LOL!! That's hilarious!! I'm not big, but I am sagging...

Twinner, it is completely normal. I always told myself no surgery for vanity, but here I am wondering if I can get my skin tighter without surgery... otherwise I may have to resort to a tummy tuck so I can wear a bikini again. My mom has been struggling with it for 38 years and, while I am close to where I was pre 1st pregnancy, I don't think any amount of exercise will get me to where I was. My second baby was 2 weeks late, so I did a lot of streching in the last month. I didn't have any stretch marks on my belly before the 8.5 month mark, but after, well now I have a road map.

I have heard that there are "belts" that pull your tummy in and help it get flatter (kind of like a big elastic band), but I don't know anyone that has used them or how well they work.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

Do your boobs hang low!!! That is exactly the song that came to my head after nursing each one of my children.

I don't have twins, but I have had three and my middle kid was a 10 pounder and him and each other one stretched my stomach out, terribly. My muscles did not separate, but it is bad enough. Anyway, my youngest is 2 1/2 and I am just able to tell there are some solid muscle toned underneath my layer of fat and loose skin. It has taken a lot of different ab work to remedy it, too. I don't know if the skin will ever go flat, though. We shall see.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Right there with ya! Twin boys born 7-7-09 and 7-8-09 ( midnight rebel). I was 130 also pre twins and went up to 200 before delivery. Went down to about 150 breastfeeding and trying to get my appetite back. For awhile all I could handle was instant breakfast. ( unknown gall bladder issue which weeks later had removed). Then at about 6 months old.. Iwanted to get my body in shape for summer 2010. Did p90 x with my husband and got down to 128 lowest in a long time. Then this summer ate like a pig and stopped exercising.. Hence back at 145...150 during aunt flo. Ugh damn her!
So anyways..being 29 my body does not respond not eating junk food like it used to. Metabolism slowed way down.. Need I say more except ...I'm gonna behave now. :-)
Old 02-10-2011, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

I caught sight of myself in the mirror and actually paid attention to what I saw when my first child was about 2yo and knew something had to be done. I started my pregnancy as a relatively healthy 50kgs (110lbs), all trim and svelte with boobs I once considered 'sat too high'. Ha! I gained about 25 kilos (55lbs) through the pregnancy, and then slowly continued gaining afterwards. I worked out hard for 6 months (3 hours a day for 3 months, 2 hours for 2 months, 1 hour for one month) until I was back to pre-pregnancy. Yes, the flap de-flapped and the wobble went relatively firm.

My abs split down the middle, too. It's kind of gross when you can stick your fingers between them, isn't it? And my first was almost 9lbs, so considering my small build, people's eyes would bulge when they saw me at 6 months pregnant, saying, 'wow, you're HUGE! Any day now!' - ah, no, but thanks so much for making me feel like a heifer.

I had the flap and wobble again (another baby) and it seemed to be worse after the c-section with him, because my flap had a definitive point to flap-over from. Now I only have the wobble. I am doing a DVD called 'Tracey Anderson's Post Pregnancy workout' once or twice a week (as well as cardio, aerobics, ballet and pilates), which seems to be doing a lot to help the skin get back to the muscle.

If you're having problems with the flap and wobble, perhaps you might give that DVD a go. She works the accessory muscles from all different angles, 'working across the muscle fibers', as she says. Might work.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

Are there ways to tone your breasts? or are we doomed and heading toward lifts.