Notices

learning the ropes

Old 05-08-2010, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, and that chocolate protein powder added to the coffee thing. I am sooo going to try that. I've been wondering about adding protein powder to my diet, but I am not a big smoothie person. But to my coffee, GREAT idea. Thanks a bunch.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Michelle, what about having half the "decadence" and increasing exercise today? I am of the school that says no forbidden foods and everything in moderation, but I think that skipping a meal to have a treat might set you up to overeat later on? I know everyone is different but that's been my experience.

After you've had your portion and enjoyed it without feeling guilty, definitely have someone hide it . That's worked wonders for us here!

Tracey, hang in there, girl...slowly but surely changing habits is how it happens! Glad you are feeling happier now and taking some time to do this for you, because you deserve it, as do all of us.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

Smile The support is the best

ive got to say i wouldnt have been able to keep this up without the forum its amazing what it does to my mindset. I get the fiancee to put the naughty things on the highest shelf,being 5ft 3in its difficult to reach! I then ask myself is it worth the risk of falling of a chair lol!! Im still on the lookout for some new exciting low-cal treats to curb the cravings. Anyone heard of pink and whites they are yummy and with me on weightwatchers they only worth half a point each.I also eat anything sweet really slowly to make it last longer!
Oh and the baking just the smell gets my mouth watering but we dont do it as often as used to, if i do decide to whip some buns up for kids ill just do enough mixture for a few so there isnt enough for me and then the kids cant overeat either. They only 5 and 7 so cant yet cook on their own.
Me and my partner love egg custard tarts but i only allow myself half a small one a week instead of two or three full ones like i used to.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:42 PM
FitDay Member

I'm glad everyone is doing well and I love to see all the good moods in here. This is an awesome happy group.

I still haven't weighed myself because my time of the month is coming and I don't want the bloating to give me false readings. So I'm staying away from the scale for a while.

I was reading about the protein stuff...when I need an extra boost of protein I eat 1/2 a can of chunk light tuna fish in water. It only has 50 calories plus 45 with my mayo. But I am looking into protein shakes. I'm not a huge breakfast person so I think in the morning would be a good time to drink it with my vitamins.