Notices

Cold...is it just me?

Old 04-29-2010, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Not to scare you, but I'd check with my doc if I were you. Before I got my blood sugar under control I would sometimes have blue tinged feet, blue nails, cold hands and I felt cold all the time. I haven't had it in a year, since I started losing weight, watching my diet, exercising etc & my blood sugar stabilized. I was hypoglycemic for decades. You might also have your doc check your thyroid since a hypothyroidism can cause that as well.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks desertmountain, I was actually just recently in for my yearly checkup and bloodwork and all my numbers looked really good. I could only WISH that my weight was tied to thyroid issues!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Default Another change...

Okay, this sounds really wacky, but my tailbone hurts frequently now! Did I lose fat from my tailbone?????
Old 04-29-2010, 10:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

hmm Cassie, just don't know what to say to that one
Old 04-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe one of my exercises puts pressure on it, who knows?
Old 04-29-2010, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

Lack of padding in the rear would put more pressure on it too....
Old 04-30-2010, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Okay, this sounds really wacky, but my tailbone hurts frequently now! Did I lose fat from my tailbone?????

Okay, if that's wacky, then we'll be wacky together, because my tailbone has been bothering me the past couple of weeks too.

The only thing I can figure is that the exercises are putting pressure in that area, or that maybe the padding is starting to go away.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Years ago I lost 40 pounds going to one of those "centers", anyway one of the reasons that I quit going (besides the astronomical cost) was that I got bruises on my behind from sitting. Yes, that's right from sitting, I was a design student so I had to sit for hours at a time on a hard uncomfortable wooden stool. This time around I'm hoping to avoid that problem by working out in such a fashion as to build-up some good solid muscle on my fanny and to never ever sit on one of those horrible stools again. So IMO it could be from losing weight, all the same you might want to have it checked by your doctor. Are you doing any stretches? Whenever my back hurts I stretch 20-30min/day and do lots of sit ups, that seems to iron it out in a day or two.