Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
In treatment for breast cancer - not only surviving, but thriving! >

In treatment for breast cancer - not only surviving, but thriving!

Community
Notices

In treatment for breast cancer - not only surviving, but thriving!

Old 05-14-2013, 12:51 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default In treatment for breast cancer - not only surviving, but thriving!

Greetings to all,

After having had a negative mammogram in July 2012, I discovered changes in my breast in January, and was diagnosed with breast cancer in late February. As I was already in Stage 3, I opted to have a bilateral mastectomy on April 22nd. I'm blessed...based on the pathology reports, my surgeon was able to remove all the disease, so I'm now concentrating on getting and STAYING cancer-free. Sisters, I am a living example of why self-exams are so important, no matter what those mammogram results are!

I've come here to help keep up with my nutritional and activity goals, both during treatment and beyond. I need to lose weight, but have been told that it's in my best interest to put that effort on hold until treatment has been completed, so instead, I'm going to focus on just keeping myself steady for the time being.

I wish you all good health - it's a precious, precious gift.

Christine