Notices

Exercises with a broken foot?

Old 03-21-2013, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default Exercises with a broken foot?

I broke my foot 4 weeks ago and still am not allowed to put weight on it. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for exercise. I have tried hand weights, but they make my arms hurt which then makes it difficult to use the crutches.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:19 PM
FitDay Premium Member

First of all I am sorry you are not well, I hope you are managing alright.

When I was bedridden I did Oxycise, it was so successful I Still do it! Jill Johnson does it and she is excellent . The program is diaphragmatic breathing with isotonic/isometric bodywork..I lost 35.5 lbs last year with it and eating well. Google her site and read up on the program, all the information you need about oxygen burning fat is there for your reading pleasure

I hope you heal quickly, I sympathize. When I had a blood clot in my lung,and was bedridden in hospital for 9 weeks, my life changed dramatically. I did my Oxycise program in my bed and had such a slow, steady heartrate..low blood pressure..and never needed sleeping help, that the nurses wanted to know what was "up" with me . I explained it and they said it wasn't possible...lol but it was, I was proof.

Cheers,

Nancy
Old 04-08-2013, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default EXERCISE broken foot

Well that is something I am going to check out- thank you Nancy
Riley sorry about your foot- my worst was broken toe- I do/did leg ups sitting
in chair to strengthen muscles in leg and hips- leg straight out and hold for 10-20
seconds-- tighten stomach muscles at same time
Good luck and a speedy healing process
Mari
Old 05-22-2013, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Something else you might try--yoga or pilates. If you can afford it, asking an instructor for a private lesson to develop a program that does not require you to do any weight bearing would be helpful in maintaining muscle tone, and worth the investment. Yoga Journal has soe free short videos of routines, some of which are sitting or lying down exercises only.