FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Trying to Gain 100lbs (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/9134-trying-gain-100lbs.html)

sophierich77 02-13-2013 02:39 AM

Trying to Gain 100lbs

All I have wanted my entire life is to be on The Biggest Loser. I need to gain at least 100 pounds to be on it. Does anyone have any tips of how I could do so? I just need to gain weight FAST.

I would love support, it's really hard trying to gain weight for me because my body just doesn't gain weight easily! :(

01gt4.6 02-13-2013 03:29 AM

I'll assume that you are being serious, which I would hope that you are smart enough to NOT be serious about this. If you are serious and do consider yourself to be intelligent, are you a narcissist that is starving for attention?

How much research have you done into the Biggest Loser? What makes you think they would pick you to be on their show? Wouldn't you think that they would want some history of a weight issue? Do you think they would risk their reputation by taking on someone foolish enough gain weight on purpose just to be on their show?

So that leads me to believe that either you are:
1) a troll
2) foolish
3) a narcissist

So which is it?

sophierich77 02-13-2013 09:23 AM

Weight Gain

Yes, I'm so serious! It's been a dream of mine ever since I was little...I am not starving for attention. I just can't think of anything better than being on The Biggest Loser!

And of course I have done research on the show since I want to be on it so badly! After watching it for years I have come to the conclusion that there is no way people naturally weigh as much as they do before the show. Gaining weight before being on TBL is common. I have the personality to make great TV, that's a big part of it. And, I have the drive to gain the weight.

Any weight gaining tips would be very much appreciated though! I can't do this without support!! :)

wildbeanerz 02-13-2013 11:38 AM

I'm sorry but I have to say that people can definitely naturally weigh what the contestants on TBL weigh. I for one used to weigh about 370lbs at my highest. I started losing weight at 331 just short of 2 yrs ago though. As a true fat person if I was given a complete diet overhaul and forced to workout 6-8 hrs a day I would lose a ton of weight fast. It is not due to them having gained weight to be on the show. Where do you think they 'before' pictures come from? They aren't all pics of the same fat kid. They are the people on the show.

Anyway...if you want some tips on how to gain weight... check out this blog Welcome Home

I'm sorry to be rude but I just can't see why being on that show has any benefit to someone who has a hard time gaining weight. Why not be on survivor or be the next girl for Flavor Flav? All those shows require personality too.

sophierich77 02-15-2013 02:39 AM

Thank you for the link to Fit 2 Fat 2 Fit, seems cool! Not exactly what I was looking for but cool.

And yeah, there are different TV shows that need people with great personalities but I am looking for something more than that. It's not just about the personality. It's just something I feel like I need to do with my life. Being fat isn't ideal but it's something I'm striving for.

Mern 02-15-2013 11:22 AM

If you are not joking about your aspiration to gain weight to be on Biggest Loser, then you most likely have some emotional issues that would best be addressed by professional counseling rather than an Internet support group.

If you have a caretaker, talk to that person about your concerns so that he/she may help you seek counseling. Most county human services departments have resources for counseling for free or on a sliding fee scale to those who cannot afford it.

I can't help you any further, but I will keep you in my prayers for acquiring the counseling you need. Best wishes.

sophierich77 02-18-2013 01:43 AM

Well Mern,

I appreciate your concern but I am confident that I do not need any sort of counseling. But, the more I think about it, it might add to my backstory for Biggest Loser if I went to counseling for my weight as well!

Thanks for the idea! Hopefully you'll see me on the TV next season!

I've gained 10 pounds already!! Can't wait till I keep gaining more!! Yay weight!:D

cjohnson728 02-18-2013 01:48 AM

Members are complaining about you trolling the site. Your posts are insensitive. Please desist, or your account will be blocked.

01gt4.6 02-18-2013 12:06 PM

Sophie, I found your twitter page and it does appear that you are serious with your aspiration to gain as much weight as possible to get on TBL. I don't understand that way of thinking but I guess I don't need to.

Keep in mind that many people aren't as fortunate as you to have to try so hard to gain weight. Many of us struggle every day just to maintain or to lose just a little weight.

As Cassie stated, we are getting complaints, because you are coming off as insensitive. While FD is designed for weight loss, we do have people that want to gain weight, for which ever reason. None of them were insensitive to those struggling with weight loss, besides people trolling or people just trying to fire someone up... and they have been banned. Not banned because of their desire to gain weight but how they've treated others. There have also been people trying to lose weight, that have also been banned for the same reason.

I try not to read too much into what someone "says" but it almost sounds as if you're saying "OMG, how could someone really be that big?!?!? I'm glad I'm not like one of them that struggles with weight. I think it would be fun to try to get big."

Well, it's not fun and if you walk around with your eyes open, I'm sure you'll see plenty of people around you (work, school, your home town, etc) that are that big and struggle every day of their life with it. They've lived with the health issues and pains that come with the territory and they probably don't think its fun.

I stand by my original point by saying that I doubt that the producers of TBL, would appreciate someone that hasn't lived that as their life, someone who can't honestly relate to the struggles that come with it. Most of all, I think that in the "Internet age" your motive would quickly get out and they would see you as a liability. I hope for your same that if you are able to gain that much weight, you learn from it, even if you don't make it on TBL. I also hope that if you do get that big, it doesn't take over you and make it too difficult to it back around.

Either, just try being a little more sensitive to those that aren't fortunate enough to be in your "situation"!

basedgod1 03-02-2013 02:11 PM

Drink yo milk. Get the fat stuff too.
Also theres this thing called a mass gainer. They sell that **** in supplement stores. Basically its just protons and cals. 4 scoops is like 3k cal and 200g proton, mix that with the milk. Youll be making CRAZYYYYY GAINS

iamgoingtobe200pounds 12-07-2013 07:55 AM

If this is real - Gaining then loosing a massive amount of weight is very very hard on the body. The heart and the kidney take a real beating. If you actually were to do this (which would be massively stupid) be ready for some serious physical consequences.