Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
weight loss with hashimoto thyroiditis >

weight loss with hashimoto thyroiditis

Community
Notices

weight loss with hashimoto thyroiditis

Old 01-27-2013, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

Angry weight loss with hashimoto thyroiditis

hi everyone,

i am new to FIT DAY and i am just getting around to using it.

well i am 36yrs a mum of 3 who has been battling weight issues with hashimotos since 19yrs of age. I have recently gained about 5kgs which are hard to shift. my endo following tsh testing upped my dose 2 weeks ago but i still find it hard to lose.it gets me so down seeing the numbers on the scale i dont even get the nerve to exercise. I am 1.65 height , 65 kgs.

pls help any tips.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Hi, and welcome. This is a link to threads where people have posted tips; have a look through there. Also consider jumping into some forum threads to answer any specific questions you might have. FitDay has some great tools to help, but you have to do the work!

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...%20series.html
Old 01-28-2013, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

Hey there! I don't have Hashimoto's, but am hypothyroid. I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease and to "cure" it I had to effectively kill my thyroid. And voila, hypo. If your endo has just increased your meds, give them time to kick in. I'd say AT LEAST a month. Then do what you know to do. Watch what you eat, log it all, and exercise. It is possible to lose weight being hypo. I've done it. I stopped doing the right things, and stopped losing weight. I'm just now getting back on track.

Hoping all goes well for you. Let us know how you're doing, and don't hesitate to ask for support and/or motivation.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default Harder to lose when you're already in the normal weight range

Welcome,

I agree with the other poster who advised taking time to adjust to the new dose.

It looks like your BMI is around 22. Is that right? It's much harder for women to lose weight in general, but harder still when you're already at your "ideal" weight.

Jenny at Diabetesupdate has a great calculator here: Calculate Your Ideal Nutrient Intake for Weight Loss or Maintenance
It's the only one I've ever used that comes anywhere close to a realistic relationship between calories eaten and weight. (Unlike Fitday, which calculates that I should be losing several pounds a week at my current calorie consumption level, ha!)

Originally Posted by tonia76
hi everyone,

i am new to FIT DAY and i am just getting around to using it.

well i am 36yrs a mum of 3 who has been battling weight issues with hashimotos since 19yrs of age. I have recently gained about 5kgs which are hard to shift. my endo following tsh testing upped my dose 2 weeks ago but i still find it hard to lose.it gets me so down seeing the numbers on the scale i dont even get the nerve to exercise. I am 1.65 height , 65 kgs.

pls help any tips.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

I recommend you to take detox products for weight loss.

Last edited by brianvlink684; 02-23-2013 at 02:10 AM.