Notices

So what, do I just starve or eat doughnuts?

Old 04-19-2010, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default So what, do I just starve or eat doughnuts?

Hey guys. I'm very upset and in tears. Also very angry. About 2 weeks ago, my dad told me to clean the bathroom. I told him I would, when 2 weeks ago I was swamped with a history project due...then the next week, much much math homework and very worried which my dad knew all about this. So friday comes, and the first time I get to relax...and I'm not running to go clean the bathroom either. so I decided to do it on saturday. it's morning time, and I just woke up. My dad says he won't buy me anymore food because I didn't do what he said. (like I just DISOBEYED him, I was busy gosh). anyway..my whole family eats alot of chips, doughnuts, fried foods...they NEVER eat healthy. and I literally have no food to eat except candy and whatever fried stuff my dad's wife makes when I come home from school.
I've been so depressed this weekend and today, because I don't know what to eat. and all these days, I've been eating crap because I've had nothing else. I don't have anymore cereals, oatmeals, breads, soups, dinners, lean meat, fruits, etc.. to eat. And my dad refuses to buy me food. So either I just wasn't eating then...but today I had some sugary cereal...and came home and some white rice with chicken drenched in sugary soy sauce, bleh. I don't feel good right now :/
This isn't even my freaking fault. I hate my dad with all my guts right now. He knows I'm dieting..and he doesn't care at all. I hate him. What the heck am I supposed to eat? I guess I don't. I already said "sorry" for not cleaning the bathroom on time, but he just said "No. I didn't like your attitude" because supposedly I argued with him about it. Yeah I did. What kid wouldn't, I was busy...I was telling him that I had math and history and he just says he doesn't care.
I'm raging with anger and hate at him for being so insensitive. I haven't been excercising, drinking water either. and it's all his fault. I'm not saying sorry either, not again.
What am I supposed to do?
Old 04-19-2010, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Ohhh I couldn't imagine living with my parents again, I know the feeling! I had to move out right away after I graduated from college.

Are there any eggs in the fridge? Maybe some peanut butter? Hang in there, and next time clean that bathroom right away so you can have your food available when you need it.

How about going outside for a long walk to blow off some steam and also get some exercise in???
Old 04-19-2010, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

Even before this, my dad was very hard to get to buy me some food, He always complained and said he wouldn't. there isn't anymore peanut butter left really and yeah we have eggs I think.
excercise does not "release" any steam for me.. it may for some people, but not for me. I can't be active when my emotions are all awry.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

That's terrible. I hope you get some good food soon.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

how old are you? over 15? maybe you should get a job. Not only would it keep you more active, but you would have money to buy your own healthy food. it might also show your father you're a bit more responsible. you might say you don't have time, but i worked through high school, played tennis, got good grades, and was a part of many clubs. I also worked full time and went to college full time. Anything is possible if you push yourself. As much as it might suck at the time, it really does pay off in the long run.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

First, kudos to you for bringing this up on the forum! That's a healthy way to vent your anger.

Being a parent of a teenage daughter, I know I'm not always understanding about the stress of high school life and sometimes I get annoyed with what I perceive as attitude from my daughter. You may already help out a lot at home, but if not, here's a suggestion that may help: See if you can find a time when your Dad is relaxed and calm, preferably when the two of you are getting along and no one else is around. Explain that you are trying to become healthy and fit and ask him if you could trade specific weekly chores that will be completed before grocery shopping time. My daughter did this on Saturday mornings in exchange for something she wanted involving $$. When I saw the chores were completed without my nagging and that she completed her part of the bargain, I had no problem doing my part.

In the meantime, not exercising only hurts you. Besides burning fat and helping your heart, physical activity helps a lot of people deal with stress and anger. My brother was going through a period of depression and his doctor told him he could write a script for antidepressants or he could take up exercising on a regular basis--it's that powerful.

Hang in there!
Old 04-19-2010, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Well kiddo, my suggestion would be to be more proactive on holding up your end of the living arrangements. Not that I agree with your dad's parenting, but when people live together there is plenty of work to be done, and everybody should pitch in, like it or not. I have 3 kids and take care of 3 more, so there is always a ton of house work to do at our house. The way I stay on top of it all isn't to drop everything and clean house non-stop, it's to blitz-clean in 10 and 15 minute intervals. I know you were busy, but believe it or not 10 minutes targeted on just the bathroom, goes a long way. So the next time he gets like that don't let it slide until you have time and he's totally ticked-off. Give it 10-15 now, 10-15 in the morning while your getting ready for the day and maybe 10-15 as a study break in the afternoon, pretty soon you'll have racked up more than an hour, which should get any bathroom ship shape. If you repeat that 10-15 minutes, just once a week, you'll find that dad never complains about the bathroom because it's always pretty clean. I also agree with the job suggestions, clearly you need some more control over your financial situation. Maybe you can get a job working at a grocery store or a health food store and not only get paid, but get an employee discount on groceries. Another possibility is a health conscience family that needs a nanny, get paid to watch kids and eat at their house for free. Good luck.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

NessaSonic, I am 16. I have already applied for several jobs. it is very difficult to get one because no one is hiring (I live in Florida, thousands of people getting laid off and someone's gonna want a 16 year old? mm no.)
Built, I tried your idea. My dad said he'll think about it...which probably means yes because I'm offering to do chores and I never do chores (he never really made me since I have school and homework). Also I talked to my dad. Obviously, lol. we talked about how he doesn't want me to argue with him when he tells me something, etc. And I was like "Okay...okay.." etc. so I think after he "thinks" about it, we will be okay now.
And I never meant it when I said I hate my dad. at the moment I was teeming... but I was very angry and sad. angry at him. and sad because I hated myself for being so fat and I was blaming my dad.
In any case, thanks Built for your idea. and thanks everybody for helping. I'm glad I did come here for help, because it works.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, yeah you are right. Like I said before...it is indeed very hard to get a job around here but I am trying. If I get chores, I think I will do your idea..it sounds pretty logical and like a good plan, it is good to know this NOW.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by DeathArrow
Almeeker, yeah you are right. Like I said before...it is indeed very hard to get a job around here but I am trying. If I get chores, I think I will do your idea..it sounds pretty logical and like a good plan, it is good to know this NOW.
My house used to be a disaster all the time, now I do 15 minutes upstairs and 15 minutes downstairs everyday. It makes a HUGE difference in the overall livable condition here. I also do 1 load of laundry everyday. So you might not get to wear your favorite clothes everyday, but there is always a clean option or two. It just makes life easier when I make that little bit of effort. And if I break it up throughout the day into 15 minute blocks, it doesn't really seem like 45 minutes of housework. You might also volunteer to make dinner, and consequently do the shopping and meal planning. That would definitely give you more control over your diet.

You might try looking for a babysitting gig this summer, at a healthy house. A lot of moms around here are going back to work because their husbands have taken pay cuts. If you post an ad now, you should be able to get something by summer break, even if it's only a part-time thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.