||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|04-19-2010, 05:17 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2010
So what changed?
I decided that it's one thing to think about the different reasons why I began my journey and another thing is to put it out there for the whole world to know.
Please keep in mind that I didn't begin this journey by trying to lose weight but because I want to become a healthier individual.
So here are the reasons why I have changed my attitude..
1.) My doctor said that if I lose weight my heart burn will get better.
2.) I want to be able to run a 1/2 marathon I'm sign up for in October and a full marathon when I'm 30 years old.
3.) My dad may be thin and fit but has had a pacemaker for the past 10+ years. 2 of my uncles passed away due to heart failure. Heart disease is prevalent in my family.
4.) Because I'm frugal and you're only a sickness away from bankruptcy.
5.) I'm 28 years old and I've never worn a bathing suit to the beach without a shirt over it. (Last year was the first time I ever wore one period.)
6.) I want to have children one day and what kind of example would I be setting if I can't control my health.
7.) Because I want to walk around with my head held high.
8.) Because I finally realized that I'm worth it.
9.) Because I have such a loving husband and I want to be around him for a long time.
10.) Because I'm tired of making excuses.
11.) If not now then when. As we age our metabolism slows down and we tend to gain weight.
12.) I want to wear a little black dress which I bought a few years back on the illusion that I would lose the weight one day.
13.) Because its my time to shine.
14.) Because I'm not just a pretty face. I mean I'm sure you've heard those famous words, "Oh, you have such a pretty face if you would only lose some weight." If people only realize how much those words hurt.
15.) Because this is a lifestyle change that I'm dedicating my life to.
16.) Because for once in my life I want to finish something I start.
17.) Because I'm tired of being the "fat" friend.
18.) Because I'm tired of hiding behind my sweaters.
19.) Because I live in Southern Cali where the weather is amazing and all the girls show skin except for me.
20.) Because I finally realized that I love myself and I'm not doing so much for others as I am for myself.
So there you go the dreaded list that has been lingering in my head for the past few months. It wasn't easy for me to put it out there but now that I have I feel liberated.
Please share with me what your list consist of no matter how big or small.
Starting weight: 215lbs
Current weight: 204.6lbs
Goal weight: 150lbs
I'm doing it a few steps at a time.
|04-19-2010, 04:56 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2010
I'm tired of being tired. Tired of being moody and not feeling like myself, tired of trying to hide my belly, tired of looking pregnant when my youngest is almost 2. Tired of feeling weak, tired of spending weekends in sweatpants because my jeans no longer fit right. I'm starting over one more time, even if this lab work shows I'm diabetic, because if I am then this becomes all the more important. I KNOW I feel like crap eating this high-carb prep diet, I KNOW I feel much better when I eat my high protein, 2 fruit and 3 veggie minimum diet. I KNOW I feel better when I get to the gym on a regular basis. I've had my break, it's time to get back to work.
If I keep starting over, eventually it will stick, right?
Current weight: 140
Goal weight: 135
|04-19-2010, 06:03 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2010
Here is my list. I sort of wish I had made one when I started this because it might be interesting to compare the two, especially since I know some of these have been added along the way.
1. I'm tired of being sick and tired all the time.
2. Losing 124 pounds is not an unrealistic goal. I can do it! And I'm worth every bit of effort it will take.
3. I want to wake up in the morning ready to tackle the whole day - and win.
4. I'm a mom.
5. Not only do I want to be able to keep up with my kids, I want to give them a run for their money.
6. I want my family to be healthy, and a healthy mom = a healthy family.
7. At some point in the very distant future, I want to spend lots and lots of quality time with my grandchildren. Our oldest is 8, so hopefully that will be quite a while yet.
8. I want to have someone complain that I'm so skinny I look good in everything or that I'm skinny enough to eat whatever I want. LOL, won't make it true, but it would be fun to hear just once.
9. I want to enter a race and then run past at least one person 1/2 my age.
10. I want to learn how to do a cartwheel.
11. I want to move without everything jiggling.
12. I want to go with my husband to a company party and look so good that no one recognizes me and thinks he's cheating on his wife with a much younger woman. LOL, wouldn't that be funny, especially since he's younger than me?
Okay that last one was just for fun, it's not a serious goal or reason to be making these changes. But it would be a good laugh all the same.
|04-19-2010, 06:27 PM||#4 (permalink)|
Join Date: Mar 2010
Way to go ladies. I love your lists. I'm excited for what the future will bring and I can't wait to come on here and tell you that I've accomplished it all.
|04-19-2010, 07:53 PM||#5 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Here goes mine....
1. I want to fit back into my cute dresses that I wore in college that aren't out of style yet.
2. I'm tired of people thinking I'm pregnant even though I have no children... so embarrassing!!!!!!!
3. I want to get married at some point and want to look the hottest at my own wedding.
4. I want to be able to run a 5k.
5. I want to look awesome in my bikinis.
6. I want to be healthy.
My list isn't as long as yours, but out of all the things I think I'm doing this for #3 first and foremost.... I hope to be engaged at some point in the future and I refuse to even think about trying on wedding dresses looking like I do now. I will be a size 6 again!!!! Only 10 sizes more to go, lol!!!!!
|04-20-2010, 02:01 PM||#6 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2010
I had my list in my head for my journey so far, but it is a great idea to write it down. Ok here's my list:
1. I want to be able to do housework without needing a rest.
2. I want to play with my kids without sitting down.
3. I want to be able to sleep well.
4. I want to fit into my prepregnancy clothes.
5. I want to have energy.
6. I want to want my husband.
7. I want to be able to commute to work... on my bicycle.
8. I want to be able to lift most things, even if they are heavy.
9. I want to beat post partum depression.
10. I want to weight what I did in university (135 lb).
I have achieved all but the last one since I started my journey 5 months ago. I only have 4 lb to go to my goal, but I have seemed to stall. I feel like my old self, I love to play with my kids and I have beat PPD. I was able to clean my entire home last weekend, including moving the furniture around. I raked the lawn on the weekend too and wasn't sore at all afterwards. I can wear all of my prepregnancy clothes and am shrinking out of them...
|04-21-2010, 03:37 PM||#7 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2010
1. I wanna finally stop making excuses for the way I've let myself get
2. I wanna stop using my inhaler
3. To be healthy
4. To finally wear a bathing suit (haven't worn one since I was 14, Im 25 now)
5. To look and feel beautiful for once in my life
6. To prove to myself that I can do it
7. I want to get married one day, feel and be the beautiful bride you're supposed to be
8. I wanna be able to play sports and do things I currently cant keep up with because I get fatigued easily because of my weight
9. To enjoy life!
10. For ME!
Starting weight: 180lbs
Current weight: 177.5 lbs
Goal Weight: 125 lbs by Dec 31, 2010
|lifestyle change, motivation|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|