Notices

What we eat and how we feel

Old 04-17-2010, 12:28 PM
FitDay Member

Default What we eat and how we feel

I may just be making myself crazy because I cannot stand the waiting, and this may be just another venting post, but if I write this I might sleep tonight

I've been on hold with the diet for a week and a half since I had that episode at work. I'm having my blood tested Monday for Hgb A1c and a glucose challenge, I might be diabetic or prediabetic. As part of that, I am supposed to eat 200g or more carbs a day for 3 days prior to the test, this is the end of day 2. Yesterday I ate 1800 cals, today I ate 1650 cals, I normally eat 1500-1700 cals, so really not that much higher. Unintentionally my carbs have been 140g or lower the way I usually eat, because I get less hungry if I eat higher fat/protein content. Tonight, I feel like crap. I can't drink enough water to save my life, I feel bloated, sluggish, tired and drained with a mild headache. At this point I'm HOPING the blood test comes back positive, because then I'll know why I get to feeling like this at times. I'd also like proof I'm not crazy! I thought it was the exercise making me feel better, now I wonder. I haven't been to the gym since it happened either.

Whatever happens, I will be back on the diet/exercise horse soon. I have Tuesday the 20th marked "back on the horse" day. Thanks ladies for letting me lean on your virtual shoulders.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

I felt like that too after I binged a while back. We were in Chicago and I ate 2 slices of pizza followed by several bites of cheesecake. I felt so bad it was almost like I had the flu. But I knew it was the food, because I could feel it coming on as I ate. What are you using for the carbs? You might try sticking to veggy sources.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

Lizzy, I hope you get your answer soon. Take care of yourself as best you can and listen to your doc. Hang in there.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Had the blood work this morning and feeling much better since my spinach mushroom and tomato omlette for lunch. I should know soon, either way I'll be OK, I think....lol. Just having the test done and over with is a weight off my mind.