Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational for 12/24/12-12/30/12: Anybody? >

Motivational for 12/24/12-12/30/12: Anybody?

Community
Notices

Motivational for 12/24/12-12/30/12: Anybody?

Old 12-27-2012, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, great to have you back. Wow, I hope you can get caught up on your sleep now. "Putting out the biggest fire at the time" is a hard way to have to live, but we women are pretty good at holding our own when that need is there. Wishing DS a speedy recovery and that the happy drugs are effective. Kudos on regrouping mentally and physically before the new year.

Hope, wonderful that DD is at least taking some cues from you on healthful eating while she is home. Maybe she'll take some of that wisdom back to school. I'll cross my fingers, eyes, and toes for you. Also hoping the mellow stretching will make you feel better both physically and mentally. I'm going to the gym tomorrow--haven't been there since before Thanksgiving. Yeah, that serenity prayer is easy to say, but more challenging to put into practice. But that's the only way to keep our sanity sometimes. Big hug to ya.

Well, I was lucky today. Changed up my planned lunch without pre-logging and still didn't come out badly. Not perfect, but I'll be fine if I have the willpower to stick to just a protein shake this evening.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Did not have a good day food wise! Definetely stress eating. Had a large muffin for breakfast, leftover noodles that my sister-in-law brought (I added veggies and a little bit of chicken to it) for lunch. Dinner was maple salmon, broccoli and rice but I had too many sweets for dessert. I seemed to be "grazing" all day. Crackers and dip, picked at the leftover stuffing and not nearly enough water.

I love my brother but he can be a pain--even 200 miles away. Plus my Dad's younger brother died and funeral is tomorrow. AND I have to avoid the other brother because...well I think he's a donkey's behind and he disagrees.

IS IT SATURDAY YET??!!

Jenn
Old 12-27-2012, 03:42 PM
FitDay Member

Jenn, it is not Saturday but hold on. Yeah I hear ya about stress eating. Why is food so stinkin comforting?

Mern, thanks for keeping everything crossed for me lol. The thing about planning meals (for me anyway) is trying to stick close. Trading stuff out is OK in my book.

If I go to the gym, it will be to stretch and maybe do something small. My knee (the one with the knee replacement) is also messed up. Let's face it, I'm a wreck!!!!

DD is having a part for her BFFL here tomorrow and tonight she is making a cake with Monster yes Monster the energy drink in it. There's one that won't even tempt me. We went to see Les Mis tonight and Russell Crowe is woeully miscast. Anmne Hathway was a wonderful surprise tho.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:45 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals: Yeah, yup, no ( was writing, then ran to acupuncture in the am but these are excuses I know) yes
2) stick close to plan: HA! HAHA! Nooooo yes but I went overboard with the popcorn and OK I had soup at midnight...chicken broth...c'mon, no plan, no sticking to it yes I traded out chicken for steak and had a cup of pocorn but ate less than planned otherwise
3) stretch: yes, yes, no couldn't too weak (more excuses) yes
4) drink more water: yes, yes, yes, yes
5) remain positive: trying... trying...yes, yes and beleive me, I was challenged

Doing better today and I didn't give up despite set backs. Do I get the BIDIA award?
Old 12-27-2012, 03:52 PM
FitDay Member

Food plan:
cheese on Ezkiel English muffin
grilled orange chicken, cucumbers
grilled swordfish (I know not the best choice) salad
snacks:
nuts
smoked salmon
fruit (orange, apple, clementine)
Old 12-27-2012, 07:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Today's menu:

Brunch: tuna salad and fresh spinach on a low carb tortilla, a couple strawberries
Dinner: low carb chicken and veggie pasta, tossed salad
Snacks: almonds, low carb protein shakes, flaxmeal muffin
This menu is so nice, I had to look at it again. Your diet is close to mine which proves that not only do great minds think as one, they also eat the same!!!! I'd be curious how you make the flaxmeal muffins or where you get them. And honestly it all sounds so yummy and healthy to me.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Wow Lots of posts since I was last on.

Hope I hear your pain about your daughter's health. It is so hard when they are adults and make bad choices. At least you can be a good role model for her.

Grazing: I find this impossible to resist when foods (yummy) are out and accessible. That's why Christmas is so hard for me. It's over now. All the treats have been given away or eaten by the family.

Jenn- yoga helps with stress eating a lot. Have you tried it? Hope you shouldn't have hurt yourself at yoga. It obviously wasn't the right kind for you. on it!

Well we got a big dump of snow last night- I guess snowshoeing it is if I intend to go outside!

Robin
Old 12-28-2012, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Spend every possible minute enjoying time with family and friends. Y, Y, Y, N, Y
Watch DS (3yo) savor his first memorable Christmas (up till this year he has not had a clue). YES!
Don't stress that I did not do enough. No stress this year!
Don't touch the tree - it is so dry will surely fall apart. Comes down today - it will make good bird habitat down by the creek, dry or not!
Practice with my new camera ahead of time so that not all pictures will be blurry (aka last year). Did pretty good.
Focus on drinking lots of water. Hmmm... need to do better.
Pump up the veggies. Working on it!
Limit goodies as much as humanly possible... N, N, N, N
Don't imbibe too much Christmas cheer N, N, N, Y
Old 12-28-2012, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

So much snow from yesterday! My dog is such a rabbit in it; I love watching her hop around. Sometimes I wonder about that husky in her lol!

I'm quite happy to say that even though Christmas day and the day after I gained almost four pounds on the scale, I'm back down lower than where I was before Christmas! Don't ask how, but apparently I didn't eat as much as I thought I was!

Did Zumba for the first time yesterday - quite the little work out! I used to dance, so I'm glad I'm getting back into it.

Off from work until after the new year, so time to enjoy my time off! Here's to a great finish in 2012 and to a very healthy 2013 year!! Don't worry I'll be back before next year
Old 12-28-2012, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Krystal, maybe the Zumba did it? (kept the weight off) I'm still a pound off the weight I was keeping steady at and two pounds off my lowest. Trying. Zumba sounds like so much fun.

I actually like execising, just got to figure out how to do it and not hurt myself. Robin, I usually do a different gentle yoga clas. This one was moderate and tho I thought I was doing it gently, maybe I wasn't. I take responsibility; the instructor is actually very good and very caring. But with fibro,the least thing can set you off. Also, yoga can be very challenging for people with back and knee issues though I do the love the calming spiritual aspect of it.

Glad to see so many people coming back!! I expect more will return after the new year!!!

Ama, great report especially the no stress part, the part about the tree and your son. So cool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.