Notices

Motivational for 12/24/12-12/30/12: Anybody?

Old 12-28-2012, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, ladies!

Ama, I don't envy you getting a dry tree out of your house. Pine needle city!

Krystal, I'm glad the scale had good news for you. That's always nice, and especially after a holiday!

Hope, I hope you feel better today. Stretch as you can, deep breaths.

Mern, the lunch swap not making a big change is testament to this being second nature to you. Way to go!

Hello, Robin, glad to have you on board. Enjoy the snow today!

Jenn, I hear you on the food choices. Evenings are hard for me, too. Fortunately, my goodies are gone as well; we planned that since the boy wasn't going to be eating much of anything as of yesterday.

However, because of trying to use up things in the fridge I bought for holiday recipes, my next few days' menu will consist of a seafood chowder and penne with vodka sauce...not exactly low cal, so portion control will be necessary. Plus I have scratch biscuits in the oven for the boy (it's a southern thing and I'm not a native but I'm trying), and will be making him mac & cheese later. I will be glad when he can eat meat again!!

Gonna go see if I can rouse Mr. Percocet now...
Old 12-28-2012, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday report: should have eaten more calories--that low throws off my sat fat %. I should have eaten some good protein last night, but went for a low carb ice cream bar instead.

Calorie limit 1600 1591, 1262
Cholesterol limit 250mg 196mg, 166mg
Net carbs (after deducting fiber) average 25g or less 20g, 29g so average is 24.5g
Fiber average at least 25g 44g, 33g
Sat fat limit average 10% of total calories 19%, 17%
Protein average at least 120g 125g, 80g
Exercise 3 days YES, day off,
Water 64 oz. YES, don't think so
Old 12-28-2012, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
I should have eaten some good protein last night, but went for a low carb ice cream bar instead.
Some days, you just gotta give in, I say. (Note to self: SOME).
Old 12-28-2012, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies. I know this site is for food but I would like to vent about funeral.

It was awkward as heck! Mom and I chose to sit on the other side of the chapel. The other brother has ostracized Mom, his sister has taken his side so it was best to avoid them at all costs. I actually passed the sister when she was coming out of the bathroom and wow the look she gave me. My Uncle was so much like my Dad, they were very close.
So glad it's over!! We left immediately after the service because we live close to my Aunt and anybody can go the day of but the true support is needed the other 364 days of the year!

Jenn
Old 12-28-2012, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, somebody in our group made these and said they didn't come out well. But I love them and this recipe is a staple for me.

Important notes: They are dense and it's important to cool on the wire rack five minutes before removing them from the muffin tin. If you use paper liners and like them warmed, cool completely before eating, remove paper liner, THEN reheat in microwave for a few seconds--otherwise the muffin will stick to the liner. I make a batch, freeze them, peel off the paper, and reheat as needed.

LOW CARB CHOCOLATE MOCHA FLAXMEAL MUFFIN

Important notes: If you use paper liners and like them warmed, cool completely before eating, remove paper liner, THEN reheat in microwave for a few seconds--otherwise the muffin will stick to the liner. I make a batch, freeze them, peel off the paper, and reheat as needed.

Ingredients:
2 eggs, beaten OR 1/2 cup no-cholesterol egg substitute
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup ground flaxmeal
6 tablespoons whey based vanilla protein powder (banana flavor is great, too)
4 tablespoons oil
1 cup granular Splenda
2 tsp. vanilla (or almond extract)
1 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee--I USE DECAF
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (or two ounces melted unsweetened baking chocolate)
1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Spray with non-stick cooking spray a 12 cup non-stick muffin tin OR you can also use paper cupcake/muffin liners

Beat eggs well with hand whisk.
Add remaining ingredients one at a time, whisking well after adding each.

Divide evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Bake about 14-16 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in muffin tin on wire rack. If not using paper liners, loosen around each muffin with a plastic knife and then remove muffins onto wire rack.

These freeze really well and can be rewarmed in seconds in the microwave.

Entire recipe makes 12

Nutrition facts per entire recipe using Walker Diet Protein Powder
1718 calories 124.2g fat; 97.2 carbs 46.0g carbs 51.2 net carbs; 74g protein

Per muffin (1/12 recipe) 137.4 calories; fat 9.9g; Carbs 7.8g; Fiber 3.7g; Net carbs 4.1g; Protein 5.9g
Old 12-28-2012, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, Jenn, so sorry about your bad funeral experience. You are so right about the support being needed the other 364 days of the year, too. And the important thing is that you and your Mom were there to honor your uncle--and he knows that. Big hug to ya.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

Crud!!! I had a really long post of replies on WordPad, and then it was either the website or my computer that started running painfully slow and in the midst of the aggravation I accidentally erased my composition without having saved it. I'll be back later to catch up. Hugs to all.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, so sorry your experience at your uncle's funeral was like that. But you showed up and paid tribute and also supported your mom. I also agree about the other 364 days of support; that's so important to remember.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

1) plan meals: Yeah, yup, no ( was writing, then ran to acupuncture in the am but these are excuses I know) yes, yes
2) stick close to plan: HA! HAHA! Nooooo yes but I went overboard with the popcorn and OK I had soup at midnight...chicken broth...c'mon; next day: no plan, no sticking to it yes I traded out chicken for steak and had a cup of pocorn but ate less than planned otherwise I swapped out the sword fish for pizza, the first slice (a veggie slice) was fine; the second plain cheese eaten later and cold- well there was no reason for that other than compulsiveness
3) stretch: yes, yes, no couldn't too weak (more excuses) yes, yes
4) drink more water: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
5) remain positive: trying... trying...yes, yes and believe me, I was challenged Not really, still angry at DD who was insuffferably rude and disrespectful to me the other day. She did apologize and did try to work it out but well I have to let it go and apparently I'm not ready.

Mern, the recipe looks good. I am trying to figure out what I could use to replace the whey powder which I can't eat. I use plain soy powder for shakes and that would probably taste yucky. Plus do you do dry and wet ingredients separate and then add?

Last edited by canary52; 12-29-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
egg whites and turkey sausage
grilled orange chicken thighs and cucumbers
Asian sea bass and veg
Snacks:
fruit
nuts
sardines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.