Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational for 12/24/12-12/30/12: Anybody? >

Motivational for 12/24/12-12/30/12: Anybody?

Community
Notices

Motivational for 12/24/12-12/30/12: Anybody?

Old 12-26-2012, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
Hi Hope how are you making out with those cupcakes? I managed to give the cookies away, so they are gone now. Two pies in the fridge right now, made them for husband and kids. They aren't calling me so far but I don't know how that will go this evening.

Robin
I resisted the cupcakes... it was the brie and the wasabi crackers and the popcorn (caramel and movie) that got me...

dropped two of the four pounds I gained...

working on it...

kinda...
Old 12-26-2012, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
Walking the dog again today, a balmy -8 and sunny. Feels good to start the day out in the sun.

Made some turkey soup last night. Makes a good lunch.

Hope thanks for starting this motivating thread for the holidays.
I love that: a balmy 8. haha. Guess i feel pretty lucky with 30s and impending snow. Good day to make or eat soup!!! (one of my favorite foods!!! so easy to cook.)

And you're welcome. Everyone is welcome to join us and I am so glad people are: HI MERN!!!! meal plan looks good.

Krystal, dancing is good exercise. And Mern exercising with grandkids; how good is that? It's so great to make exercise something fun instead of just, as Amy used to say, walking or running on the "dreadmill." (I miss our AlMeeker, another motivator.)

But Donna, Krystal, Ama, Jenn, Robin, you all fit in so well! So glad I wasn't alone on the thread for the holidays. I had "my FD" family.

Last edited by canary52; 12-26-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals: Yeah, yup
2) stick close to plan: HA! HAHA! Nooooo yes but I went overboard with the popcorn and OK I had soup at midnight...chicken broth...c'mon
3) stretch: yes, yes
4) drink more water: yes, yes
5) remain positive: trying... trying...
Old 12-26-2012, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. We had our "bigger" meal today. We did not cook turkey because my sister-in-law doesn't like it. We had chicken breasts, stuffing and broccoli salad (which was supposed to be the night before but that's a LONG STORY!).
We also had squares for dessert and I only had one AND turned down a Turtle.

Had really sucked on drinking the water but was really glad that my glucose number was 6.1 this morning. .1 higher than the range so I'll take it!!

I still have a very hard time getting my picture taken. A lovely picture of me and my niece and I can't even see it. I take the pictures so I don't have to be in them.
Jenn
Old 12-26-2012, 09:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Get in the shot!

Jenn, One time we rented a beach cottage, and told the owner I love the photos of your family, but why don't I see any of you there. She said she hates to have her picture taken. I told her I used to be like that, but then one day thought "I'll Never look this good again!" So why not? It's kind of sad to see photos with no middle aged women in them!

Now I have to say I look alot better now then I did last year at this time, but I'd like to encourage you to get in those snaps once in a while! You only go around once you know!

- Donna
Old 12-26-2012, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

Robin, I'm glad you found this support group, too. Logging my food is the most important key to success for me--that and exercise. I am not an avid exerciser, but I do strive to exercise 5 days a week. I have a gym membership paid for by my health care plan and do best when I use it. We have several snowstorms per year in Ohio but they're generally not as bad as the ones in the northeast USA. The communities 25 miles north of me right now have more snow and ice than we do. We have only a few inches of snow on the ground but the roads are slick. I hope the snowstorm passes you by tomorrow. I have to look up what an actifry is. I certainly am lucky to have grandkids--they're the highlight of my life.

Hope, kudos on dropping two of the four pounds you regained! I made chocolate banana mocha almond flaxmeal muffins today with my granddaughter and they saved me from the leftover German Chocolate cake I made for DH's birthday yesterday. I miss Amy, too, but am so glad to share this week with the rest of you who are back to posting.

Jenn, sounds like a delicious "bigger meal" you had. Kudos on limiting yourself to just one square. I hate having my picture taken, too.

Donna, kudos on looking better this year than last year! Way to go! I do have a picture of myself that I hate that was taken with my great-niece. Hate how my extreme obesity shows in the picture, BUT I'm glad to have the rememberance of a special time with her at her baby shower.

I'm going to be over in my saturated fat today because I ate ground beef chili with a bit of sour cream and cheddar cheese, but I don't do that often and everything else will be nicely in line, so I'm not going to beat myself up over it.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

I believe that you have to love your body in order to take care of it. That's my philosophy.

15-25 cm of snow tomorrow. Snowshoeing!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:59 PM
FitDay Member

Robin, good philosophy--hope to love my body one day. Have fun snowshoeing!

Goals start with Wednesday this week.

Closed down the kitchen.

Wednesday Report
Calorie limit 1600 1591
Cholesterol limit 250mg 196mg
Net carbs (after deducting fiber) average 25g or less 20g
Fiber average at least 25g 44g
Sat fat limit average 10% of total calories 19%
Protein average at least 120g 125g
Exercise 3 days YES
Water 64 oz. YES
Old 12-27-2012, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals: Yeah, yup, no ( was writing, then ran to acupuncture in the am but these are excuses I know)
2) stick close to plan: HA! HAHA! Nooooo yes but I went overboard with the popcorn and OK I had soup at midnight...chicken broth...c'mon, no plan, no sticking to it
3) stretch: yes, yes, no couldn't too weak (more excuses)
4) drink more water: yes, yes, yes
5) remain positive: trying... trying...yes
Old 12-27-2012, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

plan:
egg whites and no nitrite bacon or grass fed sausage
leftover chicken and zuchini
steak
chicken broth
fruit (orange, clementine, apple)
nuts (100 calorie pack)
smoked oysters or smoked salmon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.