Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/17/12

Old 12-21-2012, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

I have tried really hard to be good this week, but alas the holiday parties, left-overs from the holiday parties, neighbors stopping over to toast the holidays, work lunches and the notorious free goody table at work (an evil nemesis...), have all added up to no weight loss. But I did discover that a wet towel on my head and a bulky bathrobe together add up to 3 whole lbs! So just by stripping down before getting on the scale shows a loss (for a cheater that is ). HAHA!

Today it is snowing outside. I don't need to go into work though which is great! We lost power for a few hours last night, but it came back fairly quickly, fortunately. I have a mountain of laundry to do and a few hours of work on my laptop, and of course an addiction to coffee - need power!

Today I will do my best to overlook the box of chocolate, home-made caramel, and sugar covered cookies on the counter. And the 1/2 full bottle of champagne left-over in the fridge from last night.

Have a great Friday!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:08 AM
FitDay Member

I'll be back and ready for a big restart after Christmas.

Huge cyberhugs to all!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

MERN SO GLAD TO SEE YOU!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH I HAVE MISSED YOU ON THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas, dear Mern. Joyous, healthy, peaceful new year. I will be happy to see you here ANYTIME.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Hope, I have noticed this in myself. I'm definetely grumpier this year.
For me I'm finding it too commercialized...so much emphasis on how many presents one has under the tree. It seems everyone I know buys on credit so they can buy the perfect gift. Plus people aren't sending out as many cards anymore--a way to keep in touch.

Jenn
I am one of those guilty of not sending cards this time and you know, you're right. They mean so much. I love getting them. For me, it's not so much grumpy as just that I notice people in my groups that I exchange with not really putting as much in spirit wise. I actually backed off the buying this year and while it felt weird, it was a lot less stressful. But everything seemed to come early (Halloween, Thanksgiving.) And please forgive me; I am not trying to be a grinch. If you want some nice holiday spirit, check out this link of Mariah Carey singing All I Want for Christmas with members of Rusted Root on Jimmy Fallon. This will bring a smile!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWEfs...layer_embedded

Last edited by canary52; 12-21-2012 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
If you want some nice holiday spirit, check out this link of Mariah Carey singing All I Want for Christmas with members of Rusted Root on Jimmy Fallon. This will bring a smile!!!!

Jimmy Fallon, Mariah Carey & The Roots: "All I Want For Christmas Is You" (w/ Classroom Instruments) - YouTube
Thanks Hope! That was great!

- Donna
Old 12-23-2012, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz
Thanks Hope! That was great!

- Donna
so glad you enjoyed!!!