Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/17/12

Old 12-18-2012, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

1) Plan meals -yes
2) stick close to plan- no ate more DH surprised us with amazing dinner seafood so not bad but I did have a big slice of garlic bread
3) under 1500 calories -1535
4) 6 glasses of water - 5?
5) stretch -yes
6) write -yes finished and sent out now onward

Welcome Cassie!!! So glad to see you here.

I guess there aren't many of us due to the holidays, huh?
Old 12-18-2012, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
protein shake with almond milk
leftover salmon and squash
chicken and veg
Snacks:
nuts
fruit
ham and goat cheese
Old 12-18-2012, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Goals
Water: Y
Tea: Y
Vitamin: N, Y
Gym 2x: Tue
Bump up the fruits/veggies: Y
Scale back the carb-filled goodies: Y
Work 30hrs: 7
Relax: Not really

I have finally come to terms with my hatred of the treadmill. I don’t want to do it, and several years of forcing myself have not improved upon my aversion to fast-walking in place for 20 min. And I can’t do the elliptical because my knee screams in pain after about 20 seconds. So this morning I hit the gym with a new cardio plan – do 20 jumping-jacks in between every other activity. Sit-ups/jacks, planks/jacks, leg-lifts/jacks, squats/jacks, weights/jacks, etc… I’ll try it for a while and see how it goes, but it felt pretty darn good so hopefully I found a keeper!

Yesterday I did really good food wise! Could have been because I had a pounding headache and was hardly hungry all day, but regardless my poor digestive track needed a break after the weekend food binge.

Today I have sort of a food plan:

Coffee/tea
Kefir
Cottage cheese
Lunch - out with friends so not sure, but will keep it in reason (i.e. avoid cheese sauce and bread)
Chicken
Acorn squash (baked)
White rice
Small chocolate square
Maybe 1 small drink

Have a great day Ladies (so far)!
Old 12-18-2012, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Okay, I'm soo thrilled with this meal I had to post a picture!!

It's salmon on top of a bed of steamed veggies (zucchini, summer squash, red onion, and baby spinach) and black beans with wild rice and a dash of soy sauce on top!
Attached Images
Old 12-18-2012, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by blkblueanimegrl
Okay, I'm soo thrilled with this meal I had to post a picture!!

It's salmon on top of a bed of steamed veggies (zucchini, summer squash, red onion, and baby spinach) and black beans with wild rice and a dash of soy sauce on top!
Yum! My kind of meal!!! The kidn you feel good about eating.

Ama, I love your exercise approach. Please tell me how it works.

I alas am a "yoga victim." I did a "moderate" class but in what I thought was a very mellow way and the next day coudlnot move - lower back. Just went for acupuncture. After that, new exercise plan!!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:45 PM
FitDay Member

Krystal - That meal looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the picture. I love cookbooks mostly because of the pictures, and recipes with pics are usually the only ones I will actually cook. I think I'll make fish tonight .

Hope - Yikes! I hope the acupuncture brings you some relief. Yoga can be so deceiving in its intensity. I have been a victim on occasion as well! I have been reading up on short intensity workouts vs long duration workouts, and it sounds like there are some big benefits to the short ones. Also, the longer ones are not doing it for me (not losing weight, getting bored at the gym, procrastinating even going to spend an hour exercising). If I can get in the habit of short 15 min workouts it may be really helpful.

Cassie - How did the biscotti turn out? Sounds yummy! I bet that would be good for neighbor gifts... I need to do some baking saturday am for my neighbors... hmmm

Joanna - How are you doing today? The holiday get togethers are so tough, food, food and more food! I know how hard it is to be mindful. Hang in there lady!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

) Plan meals -yes, yes
2) stick close to plan- no ate more DH surprised us with amazing dinner seafood so not bad but I did have a big slice of garlic bread yes actually might have eaten less than planned
3) under 1500 calories -1535 1325
4) 6 glasses of water - 5?, 8
5) stretch -yes, yes
6) write -yes finished and sent out now onward, YES
Old 12-19-2012, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

Going into the city today with DH and DD for a play and holiday festivities so I don't know how "good" I'll be but here goes

Plan
bacon and egg white
lunch -if Thai, chicken and veg or else burger without bun somewhere
dinner we're doing in my favorite healthy place so:
grilled calamari and pineapple appetizer
fish or shrimp with veg, maybe a little brown rice
sf cookie or fruit
Old 12-19-2012, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

1. Less than 1750 calories/day: M - 1655, T - 1616, W -
2. Exercise: N, N,
3. Stretch: N, N,
4. Lots of fluids: N, N
5. Cook a couple meals: N, Y,

Hmm, not a great start, but I'm feeling more like myself, so this week will end great!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:42 PM
FitDay Member

1) Plan meals -yes, yes, yes
2) stick close to plan- no ate more DH surprised us with amazing dinner seafood so not bad but I did have a big slice of garlic bread yes actually might have eaten less than planned prettty close
3) under 1500 calories -1535 1318, 1338
4) 6 glasses of water - 5?, 8,6
5) stretch -yes, yes, yes
6) write -yes finished and sent out now onward, YES no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.