FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread 12/10/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8736-7-day-motivational-thread-12-10-12-a.html)

01gt4.6 12-09-2012 03:58 PM

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/10/12

Good morning (or evening) everyone! I figured I'd get us started, that way I'm kinda forcing myself to join in. I haven't really been "feeling it" for a while but I know I have to stick with it.

I can't think of many goals but I do have a few really difficult ones. I can remember when was the last time I went a day without a PB&J sammich. In fact I've been eating two a day lately. I'm still getting up during the night to eat, although I haven't had any run ins with the ghost during the night. I did have a little activity yesterday when I was cooking supper though. :mad:

So I'll come up with a few goals, and if anyone would like to add to it, feel free. If I pick your goal, I give you my word that I'll do it!

Heath and Fitness
1) No PB&J sammiches
2) No eating after going to bed

Other
1) Write 4 policies :eek:

dmartz 12-10-2012 12:51 AM

The Ghost? I must have missed that. :eek:

Was pretty good with all my goals last week except Cholesterol. Eat a few boiled shrimp, and a couple deviled eggs, and the number goes through the roof! I better stick to peanut butter instead.

Things will be bit different this week, so I'm going light on the goals:
  • Exercise > 30 mins:
  • Cholesterol < 250 :
Other: Be especially nice to my Mom.

- Donna

jjrudd 12-10-2012 01:18 AM

Good for you Mike for starting us off. Like you and Donna I will keep my goals simple this week.

Goals
1. RELAX. Yes, I'm putting this as a goal. If I actually see it in writing maybe I will do it.
2. Try to keep carbs/protein in check.
3. Drink the water! I think I only had about 1 day all last week that I actually met it :O
4. Exercise at least 3 days for 30 mins.
5. Put up tree. This is rolled over from last week because Sat went out with friend and Sun church.

Jenn

quinnesec 12-10-2012 02:27 AM

I'm in.

Had a great weekend and stuck to plan, even with the Christmas party. I'm starting my Christmas baking this morning, but I'm going to freeze the majority of it so that I'm not tempted.

Very simple goals because this time of year is way too complicated, demanding and full of pitfalls for me to get too fancy as I will surely mess up.

1. Calories under 1100/day.
2. Weigh in daily.
3. No mindless eating.
4. Take all vitamins and supplements.
5. Be proud of every, single thing that I eat.
6. Have a happy, grateful attitude. If that means bagging some long-time traditions that the family expects, so be it. "If Momma aint happy, aint nobody happy..." lol.

canary52 12-10-2012 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 92851)
The Ghost? I must have missed that. :eek:

Was pretty good with all my goals last week except Cholesterol. Eat a few boiled shrimp, and a couple deviled eggs, and the number goes through the roof! I better stick to peanut butter instead.

Things will be bit different this week, so I'm going light on the goals:
  • Exercise > 30 mins:
  • Cholesterol < 250 :
Other: Be especially nice to my Mom.

- Donna

I like the "be especially nice to my mom" goal. Can you send that to my daughter? LOL.

canary52 12-10-2012 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by jjrudd (Post 92853)
Good for you Mike for starting us off. Like you and Donna I will keep my goals simple this week.

Goals
1. RELAX. Yes, I'm putting this as a goal. If I actually see it in writing maybe I will do it.
2. Try to keep carbs/protein in check.
3. Drink the water! I think I only had about 1 day all last week that I actually met it :O
4. Exercise at least 3 days for 30 mins.
5. Put up tree. This is rolled over from last week because Sat went out with friend and Sun church.

Jenn

Relax is a good goal, especially this time of year.

canary52 12-10-2012 03:04 AM

Goals:
1) plan meals
2) stick close to plan
3) 1600 cal max
4) drink 6 glasses water minimum
5) stretch every day
6) get back into exercise reasonably
7) don't overdo
8) let go of anger
9) meditate
10) write
11) don't be a self (or any other kind of) hater
12) don't answer phone or spend too much time online till I get work done.

Thanks for starting us out, Mike. Good like with the sammies. Haven't heard about the ghost in a while; thought maybe it was gone and yes I believe in it.

Quinn, I am about where you are, thinking anywhere from 6-9 pounds, depending on how it looks on me at this age (52.) Wrinkling could be a problem.

01gt4.6 12-10-2012 03:12 AM

Donna, I originally posted about the ghost a year or more ago. For a while we had a lot of activity, things that you can't explain or write off. For example, the youngest refuses to sleep in the living room because she sees shadows of people walk by. The middle one (she's a brave girl) freaked out one day when she was taking a bath, laid back to wash her hair and felt fingertips run across her forehead. Doors shut and open. One night I got up around 3 am, Mytsie (my small dog) follows to the kitchen. While there we hear a man in the living room say something. Mytsie flipped out, ran back to the bedroom, was under the covers growling and shaking. It's been quiet lately except for Saturday, I was home alone cooking supper and I hear one of the girls doors open... both of the dogs were sound asleep.

canary52 12-10-2012 03:14 AM

Plan (considering I have to food shop)
Brunch:
eggs, possibly with cheese
slice of Ezkiel bread with margarine and jam
Meal
organic hot dog with one slice of bread, mustard and sauerkraut
Dinner
grass fed burger, no bun, onions
frozen peas?
Snacks
nuts
apple or whatever fruit I find
cheese stick

veggies, if I shop

adjustments, already:

turkey bacon and eggs

(maybe a bun for the burger, we'll see)

4Jim 12-10-2012 05:02 AM

returning leaf

Hi everyone, Can a returning newbie join you? I'm trying to get back on track with a goal of 55 lbs over the next year. I've checked off goal 1 for the week -- sign up for fitday and log it all in.
2) Walk to the new gym that is opening in Jan. and sign up.
3) Log log log. Food, exercise, mood, hydration.
4) Go to a Lifering (sober living) meeting and keep away from the cosmopolitans.
5) Join an online group that will help keep me motivated and accountable.

Whew! :rolleyes: