Notices

A triggering occurence!

Old 11-30-2012, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default A triggering occurence!

Hi,

I currently live in a temporary residence when I don't get my monthly disability check until later on this afternoon. I ate lunch at about one, and I'm trying my best not to eat any sweets, fats, etc. as an emotional reaction to waiting and having no money. Any suggestions? Right now, I'm at eBay, doing the cyber equivalent of window shopping...

Behlor
Old 12-17-2012, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Are you in need of a distraction? Sometimes I'll find chores that need to be done that I cannot do while snacking (like washing dishes), or take a shower or bath. Sometimes if I'm waiting for something that is not in my control but that I depend upon, I find it best to focus on accomplishing something that is entirely within my control and that produces visual results (like cleaning!). If I just wait idly, I'm very tempted to snack out of anxiety.

Stay strong!
-beebee
Old 12-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Smile

Grab somebody and say, 'I need to go for a no-food walk...' and take off on a long (or short) walk. Use something like mapmyrun.com to find a route that you can follow, starting and ending where you are right now. It will tell you how much distance you cover. Go for that walk and then use it in the future to 'rack up' distance.