Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/10/12

Old 12-13-2012, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals -yes, yes, yes
2) stick close to plan - ate much less, very close ate more than I wanted to and gained back a pound
3) 1600 cal max -840, 1016, 1560
4) drink 6 glasses water minimum - 5 or 6 6 5
5) stretch every day -no yes, yes
6) get back into exercise reasonably- no a bit nah
7) don't overdo -yes, yes did a bit more than I should have but it did make me feel more festive (I told myself I was doing it "for my family." Nah.)
8) let go of anger - no better yes
9) meditate -no, no yes
10) write -yes writing class; not enough (see overdo as in holiday stuff)
11) don't be a self (or any other kind of) hater -no YES, yes
12) don't answer phone or spend too much time online till I get work done - no but this will be one I will try and follow better no

Quinn, Donna, so many of you guys seem to be doing so well. I gotta "tighten my belt" "buckle down" or something.

Ron, so glad you're back! I was wondering where you were. "Indulge in moderation" I like that.

Now, where is Mern????

Last edited by canary52; 12-16-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday Food Plan:

Breakfast
egg whites, ham, mushroooms, onions
clementine

Lunch
big salad with chicken, ham and one slice low fat lactose free Swiss
sf ff dressing

Dinner
salmon
winter squash

Snacks
smoked oysters
nuts
blueberries and clementines (or raspberries)

Other plan for day:
write
stretch
meditate
practice Spanish
maybe even go to the gym for careful workout

Have great day, everyone!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Ron! I was wondering where you were. Congrats on the 1.2lb weight loss especially this time of year with the busyness of life and extra calories from parties.
Missing Mern too!

Jenn
Old 12-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

I'm back. Sorry for all the ghost talk everyone. I hope I didn't offened anyone with it.

Back to my goals, so far so good. Only one pb&j sammich for the week. Only got up once to eat (that was the pop tart night). My main issue is sleep. I am an extremely light sleeper. Mytsie is a total daddy's girl and insists on sleeping up against me. She tends to run marathons in her sleep, with her little paws twitching on me. It wakes me up because it feels like I have a light muscle twitch. I've been putting in a "sleep" CD and playing it lightly, for the past two nights. I don't know if it's affecting Mytsie, but since then, she's sleep on her mama's (my GF) side of the bed. I've been getting over 7 hours of uninterupted sleep for two night. Since I'm sleeping, I'm not eating and I'm waking up feeling great!

On policies... zero this week and I'm once again dealing with computer and system issues.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Goals
Lots of water: Y, N, N, doing better
1 cup tea/day (green or earl grey): Y, Y, Y, Y
Limit processed foods: Y, N, N, so far Y
Be mindful of portion sizes: Y, N, N, so far Y
Multi-Vitamin/day: N, Y, N, Y
Exercise at gym x2/week: N, N, Y (drug my butt down there kicking and screaming)
Exercise at home x2/week: N, N, N

Ama
5’6”
40yo
5lbs to new goal: Still 5, still 5, still 5, still 5
Old 12-13-2012, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
(drug my butt down there kicking and screaming)
Good job!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mike! Glad to hear you're getting your zzzzz's!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Just checking in. Another crazy week for me. Too many things to do and not enough time. But I've been good with my eating (even with 2 potlucks at work). I managed to lose another 1.2 pounds and am now at 216.2!!!. I realized I have not been this weight since my oldest son was born and he turned 30 this year. Seems like everyones attitudes are more positive this week and the group seems to be avoiding most of the temptations that are everywhere this time of year (or at least feeling badly after they give in, lol).

Keep your goals in mind as you are tempted by all those holiday goodies. My favorite saying currently is "indulge in moderation".
Great job on the weight loss this time of year, Ron! I'm following the same path as you, "indulge in moderation". A few Hershey's Miniatures entered my path today, but the damage could have been worse. At least I quit after just a couple.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

A pretty good day food-wise... Supper could have been a little healthier, but within limits. 15 dozen cookies done, 5 dozen more tomorrow, fudge this weekend and so far, I'm pretty much resisting it all. Although, in the north, we freeze everything in our garages or whatever, so they are out of my reach and it's too cold to go out there for a cookie! lol I'll bring them in next week and then, all bets are off! I'm really proud of myself this year. Every year since I lost my weight, I've thrown caution to the wind, ate whatever I wanted in December and then repaired the damage in January. But, not this year. Maybe I'm just getting older, maybe it's because I have a physical in January... but whatever it is, it's working.

Thursday:

1. Calories under 1100/day. Yes, Yes, Yes, I think so
2. Weigh in daily. Yes, Yes, Yes,Yes
3. No mindless eating. Yes, Yes, Not bad..., None
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, What I could. (ran out of calcium) Forgot to buy calcium today, but remembered marshmallow creme, walnuts and chocolate chips... go figure.
5. Be proud of every, single thing that I eat. Yes, Mostly..., Except for a little cookie dough, Good except for 3 Dark Hershey Miniatures
6. Have a happy, grateful attitude. If that means bagging some long-time traditions that the family expects, so be it. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
Old 12-13-2012, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals -yes, yes, yes, yes
2) stick close to plan - ate much less, very close ate more than I wanted to and gained back a pound swapped ckicken leg for oysters and added pumpkin/cocunut soup when I went to a club instead of a drink or a dessert
3) 1600 cal max -840, 1016, 1560, 1400
4) drink 6 glasses water minimum - 5 or 6 6 5 6
5) stretch every day -no yes, yes, yes
6) get back into exercise reasonably- no a bit nah a bit
7) don't overdo -yes, yes did a bit more than I should have but it did make me feel more festive (I told myself I was doing it "for my family." Nah.) didn't "do" at all
8) let go of anger - no better yes meh but I did get out of itby going out with DH and a friend to a club
9) meditate -no, no yes, yes
10) write -yes writing class; not enough (see overdo as in holiday stuff); not enough started too late
11) don't be a self (or any other kind of) hater -no YES, yes, yes
12) don't answer phone or spend too much time online till I get work done - no but this will be one I will try and follow better no, no; too distractable

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.