Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/10/12

Old 12-12-2012, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Tammyjane - feel free to post what motivates you, and maybe we can help you accomplish your goals!

That's a crazy story, Hope! I'm a skeptic when it comes to ghosts, but I'm still very interested in the phenomena. I've never had any ghost experiences, but that probably has something to do with anything that I might have chalked up to ghosts I blame on something else, simply 'cause I don't believe in them. Who knows, maybe I'm missing out!
Old 12-12-2012, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Another good day food-wise. Spent the entire day in the kitchen again working on Christmas goodies, but limited my taste testing to two "rejects". lol

Wednesday:

1. Calories under 1100/day. Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Weigh in daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. No mindless eating. Yes, Yes, Not bad...
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, What I could. (ran out of calcium)
5. Be proud of every, single thing that I eat. Yes, Mostly..., Except for a little cookie dough.
6. Have a happy, grateful attitude. If that means bagging some long-time traditions that the family expects, so be it. Yes, Yes, Yes
Old 12-12-2012, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

1. RELAX. Yes, I'm putting this as a goal. If I actually see it in writing maybe I will do it. Mon, Tues-YES Wed so/so
2. Try to keep carbs/protein in check. Mon 130/50Tues no
3. Drink the water! I think I only had about 1 day all last week that I actually met it. Yep, Yep and Yep
4. Exercise at least 3 days for 30 mins 20 mins today, housework tues
5. Put up tree. This is rolled over from last week because Sat went out with friend and Sun church.

I decorated mantle today--our house looks so festive! Now if only some little elves could come and clean (and fold my laundry) that would be great!!

Jenn
Old 12-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

1. Check in daily. Yes, Yes
2. Log everything. Yes, Yes
3. Exercise when I can. That has not happened.
4. Get on the scale by the end of the week. Yes
5. Make smart, clean food choices (aka spend calories wisely). Yes, Yes, Yes
Old 12-12-2012, 11:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default M-W

Thought I'd better report in on goals.
I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would so far, but there's a cocktail party tonight that may be off the charts.
  • Exercise > 30 mins: 45, 0, 45
    • Plus a couple hours of heavy hauling Monday, and dragging an overpacked carry-on through the airport on Tues ...
  • Cholesterol < 250 : 113, 164, 237
    • Woohoo, I can't believe it's so low. Even on Wed when I ate 3 shrimp, beef, salmon, and ... pie.
While I'm on a roll, I guess I post the rest of the usual:
  • Calories: 1255, 1872, 1808
    • Not too bad
  • Protein g: 53, 39, 92
    • Not too bad
  • Fat % : 32, 48, 37
    • Knew I could find some bad news in there somewhere!
Being especially nice to my Mom: So far, so good!
(Can't say that about anybody else, though!)

- Donna
Old 12-12-2012, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default Phantom Cholesterol?

Just checked the 'label' values on that pie. Just as I suspected - no cholesterol. But the crust didn't taste that way to me, so maybe the cholesterol were actually a bit higher.

- Donna
Old 12-13-2012, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday was pretty good. My calories the last two days have been really low - probably too low, so I'm going to aim for a bit higher today. The reason I've been keeping them low is kind of to have a mental diet, you know? To prove to myself I can do it and not like, die or something. Truthfully, I've felt totally normal and well-functioning.

Mike - I didn't go to gym yesterday I was stuck at the office 'til 6:30 and then had to work some more in the evening - it's this research I'm trying to write up. I did walk from my office to my car, even though it was freezing!

Donna - that's great that you're sticking to your goals this week!

Anyone seen Mern?
Old 12-13-2012, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, all of that ghost stuff is rather creepy, I have to say. I don't believe in ghosts one bit, but I do know strange phenomena does happen. Mike, with your girls and everything? That's so crazy! And Hope, with the vision and dream? I would have booked it out of there too!

Big welcome to Tammyjane! I'm new on this forum too, but it really is helpful to have such positive energy from everyone on here. Just that in itself is a big motivator for me! What about you? What are your goals and motivations?

Well, so far so good this week. Last night I crashed early. I was ready to work out on the elliptical but my body was just so run down, I figured a night of sleep would be best for it. No matter what, we always need to listen to what our bodies are telling us! I'm glad I slept because I have a slight cold this morning. More sleep, lots of tea, and I'll make sure I stay healthy! Visiting a friend in NH this weekend and I don't want to be sick for that!

Alright, here are my goal updates:

1) Keep calories under 1900/day: Y, Y, N
2) Walk with dog at least five days: N, Y, N
3) Work out at least three days: Y, N, N
4) Stretch: Y, Y, Y
5) Meditate before bed: Y, Y, Y
6) Stay Positive!: Y, Y, Y
7) Work on Christmas gifts: N, N, N

Here's to finishing off this week strong!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Hey Tammyjane - feel free to post what motivates you, and maybe we can help you accomplish your goals!

That's a crazy story, Hope! I'm a skeptic when it comes to ghosts, but I'm still very interested in the phenomena. I've never had any ghost experiences, but that probably has something to do with anything that I might have chalked up to ghosts I blame on something else, simply 'cause I don't believe in them. Who knows, maybe I'm missing out!
Missing out? Hmmm, I don't know. I believe in them because stuff has ahppenedd. Then again, I've always believed so maybe that's why stuff has happened lol. I jsut know that a friend once told me that when she was young she ran and told her mother that her dead grandmother was in her room (not literally but as a "visit.") Her mother calmly said, "Well go in and talk to her. She wouldn't harm you in life. She won't harm you now."

OK, no more ghost stories!!! I deleted the intense one.

Last edited by canary52; 12-13-2012 at 03:12 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Just checking in. Another crazy week for me. Too many things to do and not enough time. But I've been good with my eating (even with 2 potlucks at work). I managed to lose another 1.2 pounds and am now at 216.2!!!. I realized I have not been this weight since my oldest son was born and he turned 30 this year. Seems like everyones attitudes are more positive this week and the group seems to be avoiding most of the temptations that are everywhere this time of year (or at least feeling badly after they give in, lol).

Keep your goals in mind as you are tempted by all those holiday goodies. My favorite saying currently is "indulge in moderation".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.