Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/10/12

Old 12-10-2012, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

Hello, all...just popping in for a rare moment of sanity and peace.

I need to keep goals simple or my head will explode. I did very well last week with the minimal goals I had; seems if I focus on big things, the little ones take care of themselves.

1. Check in daily.
2. Log everything.
3. Exercise when I can.
4. Get on the scale by the end of the week.
5. Make smart, clean food choices (aka spend calories wisely).

I am already in about hundred different directions today and spitting nails because I just got subpoenaed for tomorrow...nothing like some advance planning time! Deep breaths...
Old 12-10-2012, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec

1. Calories under 1100/day.
Wow. Just gotta say, that sounds pretty low. I couldn't keep that up for a week. Are you sure you want to?
But if it works for you, go for it.

Donna
Old 12-10-2012, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Wrinkling could be a problem.
Hope, I'm with you! Wrinkling could be a problem (age: 54). I bought some expensive face cream for that and all it did was make my face break out, causing me to spend more money on a dermatologist. So, now I use it on my stomach. Seems to be working well there. (I'd call them Abs, but you can't see that much of them!)

- Donna
Old 12-10-2012, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for bringing up abs, Donna. Gives me an excuse to post this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
abstruth.jpg (74.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-10-2012, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz
Wow. Just gotta say, that sounds pretty low. I couldn't keep that up for a week. Are you sure you want to?
But if it works for you, go for it.

Donna
Hi Donna,

Yes, it's low for most people. Over the past several years, to maintain my 30 lb. loss, I have used three calorie ranges:

1) For when I'm doing well and maintaining my goal.
2) For when I'm doing OK, but could drop a couple of pounds and
3) (The 1100 Calorie Boot Camp) For when my eating has been out of control and I need strict discipline and a heavy hand to reign in my bad habits. (Think of it as my "Time Out"... lol.) I don't do it for long. Just long enough to "re-boot" my healthy habits.

It seems low, but I eat a largely vegetarian diet, but don't call myself a vegetarian because I'll mix in a little chicken and seafood. Additionally, people around me get snarky when I go full-blown vegetarian. lol When your diet is largely fruits and vegetables, you can eat pretty large amounts of food and yet your calorie count remains fairly low. It's only when I mix in things like bread, pasta, cheese, etc. that my calorie counts rise.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome (back) 4Jim! Glad you're here (always good to have new voices.) Good luck with your goals.

Donna, you made me laugh out loud with the cream (not at you but in recognition.) And I needed the laugh so thanks.

Cassie, subpoena? (unless you don't want to share and I completely understand but if you do...)

Funny pix, Cassie.

Quinn, fruits and veg. I do the fruits but could use to eat more veg....
Old 12-10-2012, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm In

Goals
Lots of water:
1 cup tea/day (green or earl grey):
Limit processed foods:
Be mindful of portion sizes:
Multi-Vitamin/day:
Exercise at gym x2/week:
Exercise at home x2/week:

I have made great progress with Christmas preparations! Cards are done/sent, white elephant gifts are done (but not wrapped), and giving tree gifts are done and delivered. Still have some family gifts to get, and have not planned food and cleaned house for this weekend’s event, but plan to finish most of this by the end of this week.

Hope everyone’s week has started out strong!

Ama
5’6”
40yo
5lbs to new goal:
Old 12-10-2012, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Nothing salacious, Hope. I do expert witness testimony from time to time and I just have to testify about one of my evals tomorrow.

Just wanted to share this, if anyone needs a healthier cookie idea; it appeared in my inbox this morning: 20+ Holiday Cookie Recipes - Prevention.com

I just finished making a batch of Italian cookies to use up leftover ricotta from the weekend...wasn't sure how they would do with the fat-free cheese, but they are great! About 50 calories, without the icing (but I halved the recipe and got 4 dozen): Ricotta Cookies III Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Old 12-10-2012, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in for this week!

Hope - Welcome back! We missed you last week

Quinn - I'm a pescetarian, so I know what you mean about being able to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. But I definitely need to cut back on the breads and pasta

Let's go for a good goal week! Time off before my next two grad classes, so it'll be the perfect time to get a work out regimen.

1) Keep calories under 1900/day
2) Walk with dog at least five days
3) Work out at least three days
4) Stretch
5) Meditate before bed
6) Stay Positive!
7) Work on Christmas gifts

I hope everyone has a great week! And welcome to you 4Jim!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

Goals
1. RELAX. Yes, I'm putting this as a goal. If I actually see it in writing maybe I will do it. YES--also helped got a video of my niece smiling for "Auntie Jennifer and grandma"
2. Try to keep carbs/protein in check.YES-130/50
3. Drink the water! I think I only had about 1 day all last week that I actually met it So far 5 glasses so I should make it.
4. Exercise at least 3 days for 30 mins 20 mins today
5. Put up tree. This is rolled over from last week because Sat went out with friend and Sun church.

Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.