Hope, I'm with you! Wrinkling could be a problem (age: 54). I bought some expensive face cream for that and all it did was make my face break out, causing me to spend more money on a dermatologist. So, now I use it on my stomach. Seems to be working well there. (I'd call them Abs, but you can't see that much of them!)
Wow. Just gotta say, that sounds pretty low. I couldn't keep that up for a week. Are you sure you want to?
But if it works for you, go for it.
Yes, it's low for most people. Over the past several years, to maintain my 30 lb. loss, I have used three calorie ranges:
1) For when I'm doing well and maintaining my goal.
2) For when I'm doing OK, but could drop a couple of pounds and
3) (The 1100 Calorie Boot Camp) For when my eating has been out of control and I need strict discipline and a heavy hand to reign in my bad habits. (Think of it as my "Time Out"... lol.) I don't do it for long. Just long enough to "re-boot" my healthy habits.
It seems low, but I eat a largely vegetarian diet, but don't call myself a vegetarian because I'll mix in a little chicken and seafood. Additionally, people around me get snarky when I go full-blown vegetarian. lol When your diet is largely fruits and vegetables, you can eat pretty large amounts of food and yet your calorie count remains fairly low. It's only when I mix in things like bread, pasta, cheese, etc. that my calorie counts rise.
Reached 30 lb. Weight Loss Goal April, 2010
Fighting The Battle to Maintain
Lots of water:
1 cup tea/day (green or earl grey):
Limit processed foods:
Be mindful of portion sizes:
Exercise at gym x2/week:
Exercise at home x2/week:
I have made great progress with Christmas preparations! Cards are done/sent, white elephant gifts are done (but not wrapped), and giving tree gifts are done and delivered. Still have some family gifts to get, and have not planned food and cleaned house for this weekend’s event, but plan to finish most of this by the end of this week.
I just finished making a batch of Italian cookies to use up leftover ricotta from the weekend...wasn't sure how they would do with the fat-free cheese, but they are great! About 50 calories, without the icing (but I halved the recipe and got 4 dozen): Ricotta Cookies III Recipe - Allrecipes.com
"If you drop an egg, you don't say, 'Oh, shoot' and drop the other 11, do you?"
-Source unknown, but obviously brilliant
Reached goal 4/16/2010...but kind of afraid to look these days
1. RELAX. Yes, I'm putting this as a goal. If I actually see it in writing maybe I will do it. YES--also helped got a video of my niece smiling for "Auntie Jennifer and grandma"
2. Try to keep carbs/protein in check.YES-130/50
3. Drink the water! I think I only had about 1 day all last week that I actually met it So far 5 glasses so I should make it.
4. Exercise at least 3 days for 30 mins 20 mins today
5. Put up tree. This is rolled over from last week because Sat went out with friend and Sun church.