Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/10/12

Old 12-15-2012, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

4Jim,

I know what you mean by the log is depressingly enlightening. I'm coming up on a year logging everything I ate every day, (except for the vacation in Sept.) It really makes you more aware of the food choices you make and the values associated with what you eat, be it the calories, the nutrition, or lately for me, the cholesterol. It's really the number one thing I can credit with making a big change for the better this year.

- Donna
Old 12-15-2012, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, definitely. Knowing that I'm committed to logging definitely makes me think twice before eating something. And I love the convenience of the breakdown so that I know what I still have room to have as the day goes on...do I need more protein, etc.

It seems like it's always a work in progress, no matter how long you do it.

I am soldiering on in weekend warrior fashion today...working, home stuff, making good food choices. Just wanted to check in and keep myself honest, since I'm making peanut butter-oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies later .
Old 12-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

1. Check in daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise when I can. That has not happened.
4. Get on the scale by the end of the week. Yes
5. Make smart, clean food choices (aka spend calories wisely). Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Almost...snuck a few cookies . Calories okay, just could have made a healthier choice; same today, but these cookies at least had natural peanut butter, oats, & whole wheat flour .
Old 12-16-2012, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals -yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
2) stick close to plan - ate much less, very close ate more than I wanted to and gained back a pound swapped chicken leg for oysters and added pumpkin/coconut soup when I went to a club instead of a drink or a dessert no, no
3) 1600 cal max -840, 1016, 1560, 1400, ? definitely over, ?
4) drink 6 glasses water minimum - 5 or 6 6 5 6??
5) stretch every day -no yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
6) get back into exercise reasonably- no a bit nah a bit yoga; bad back
7) don't overdo -yes, yes did a bit more than I should have but it did make me feel more festive (I told myself I was doing it "for my family." Nah.) didn't "do" at all, yes, yes
8) let go of anger - no better yes [COLOR="Blue"]meh but I did get out of itby going out with DH and a friend to a club, yes? no
9) meditate -no, no yes, yes, yes, no
10) write -yes writing class; not enough (see overdo as in holiday stuff); not enough started too late yes, yes, both times not enough
11) don't be a self (or any other kind of) hater -no YES, yes, yes, yes angry at self for bad decisions
12) don't answer phone or spend too much time online till I get work done - no but this will be one I will try and follow better no, no; too distractable yes, yes

Between the Ct shootings, a different crime that happened right in my town (I do not live in CT) and some other stuff, I feel very down. Yesterday I thought what is the point of all this on FD and in general.

Trying to work through it.

Last edited by canary52; 12-16-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Plan
egg whites, ham, mushrooms, onions

salad with ham and cheese and ff sf dressing

fish or burger
veg

snacks
nuts
fruit
Old 12-16-2012, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52

Between the Ct shootings, a crime that happened right in my town and some other stuff, I feel very down. Yesterday I thought what is the point of all this on FD and in general.

Trying to work through it.
I am feeling down as well, DH and I are having a hard time even turning the news on. Hope, try to search for that special something today that gives you joy. A nature walk, a favorite poem, family photo albums. Sending a big hug to you!

Nice meal plan for today!
Old 12-16-2012, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
I am feeling down as well, DH and I are having a hard time even turning the news on. Hope, try to search for that special something today that gives you joy. A nature walk, a favorite poem, family photo albums. Sending a big hug to you!

Nice meal plan for today!
Ama,

It is excruciating to watch, isn't it? Especially since I sometimes wonder if all this coverage doesn't somehow perpetuate it.

Thanks so much for your support. I am going to a friend who usually cheers me up (and bringing my own food so I stay "on plan.")

I hope you have a great day.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with Ama. I had the news on this morning and as checking fb and it's all over the place. So sad!! A friend of mine said she had to go Christmas shopping and could hardly do it.
I keep looking at pictures of my niece and a video that my SIL sent a week ago. Makes me smile. I'm incredibly grateful for this baby and the joy she brings.

Jenn
Old 12-16-2012, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals -yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes yes
2) stick close to plan - ate much less, very close ate more than I wanted to and gained back a pound swapped chicken leg for oysters and added pumpkin/coconut soup when I went to a club instead of a drink or a dessert no, no just added some popcorn to it, my calories were really low like 800
3) 1600 cal max -840, 1016, 1560, 1400, ? definitely over, ? 1113
4) drink 6 glasses water minimum - 5 or 6 6 5 6?? yes
5) stretch every day -no yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
6) get back into exercise reasonably- no a bit nah a bit yoga; bad back, no
7) don't overdo -yes, yes did a bit more than I should have but it did make me feel more festive (I told myself I was doing it "for my family." Nah.) didn't "do" at all, yes, yes, yes
8) let go of anger - no better yes [COLOR="Blue"]meh but I did get out of itby going out with DH and a friend to a club, yes? no meh
9) meditate -no, no yes, yes, yes, no, no
10) write -yes writing class; not enough (see overdo as in holiday stuff); not enough started too late yes, yes, both times not enough yes
11) don't be a self (or any other kind of) hater -no YES, yes, yes, yes angry at self for bad decisions yes
12) don't answer phone or spend too much time online till I get work done - no but this will be one I will try and follow better no, no; too distractable yes, yes
Old 12-17-2012, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, Glad to see you did so well yesterday ... and are still with us!

I had a problem with the 'let go of anger' thing lately also, and thinking maybe I can just redirect that energy better, instead of just letting it go.

Maybe I'll co-opt that for one of my goals in the coming week.

- Donna