Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/3/2012  Let's make this our best week this year. >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/3/2012 Let's make this our best week this year.

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/3/2012 Let's make this our best week this year.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

1. Check in and post daily. Yes, Yes
2. Log everything! Yes, Yes
3. No trigger foods! None, Whoops

I had a productive day today; that felt good. Plus I think we settled on a car after two months of deliberating, so hopefully we can work a deal.

I took the boy driving tonight; we had to go to a library across town to pick up a dvd he needed for a class project. It was the first time we've gone any distance in rush hour. Sick Cat is better today and Peeing Cat did not christen the steps today. MIL came, MIL went, and all went well. Finally, some of the damn ducks got in a row; now to rustle up the rest of 'em.

Eating wasn't great but not a disaster. I'm back to baby steps again, but that's okay; I got time.

Mern, {{{hug}}}!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I did well on food, for the most part. I was up a pound on the scale this morning, but it's that TOTM, so who knows. I walked to and from the office to my car, so that's a couple miles walking.

I was thinking yesterday of all the people who I haven't seen around here recently. I hope everyone is doing okay. I don't remember all the names, but I'm still sending good thoughts their ways.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm guessing you are playing around, so I'll play along.
[kinda, yeah ...]
Is that what it is? I was think it was because they didn't have the filling that I wanted. So is the season based in date or weather. I thought it was Christmas season but it's been warm and getting worse. This weekend it's supposed to be up to 76*. Recently we had it in the 80's for Christmas.

So I guess the "Christmas" part was okay, the "king cake" part was not. So how about this... I had a Christmas cinnamon roll... nope, I got it, it was a Christmas cinnamon ring!

So I shouldn't call it a king cake because it's not king cake season? Crawfish "season" doesn't start until the Spring, but if I boil up a sack of them in February am I not having a crawfish boil?
Ok, I guess I was wrong... According to wikipedia:

Some bakers have now taken the liberty to offer king cakes for other holidays that immediately surround Mardi Gras season, such as green and red-icing king cakes for Christmas, red and pink-icing cakes for Valentine's Day, and green and white-icing cakes for St. Patrick's Day. Others have gone a step further and produce specialty king cakes from the beginning of football season for Louisiana State University and New Orleans Saints tailgate parties, then for Halloween, then Thanksgiving - and do not cease until after Mardi Gras season with an Easter holiday king cake.
But that still doesn't make it right. Soon the US Christmas season will start in the middle of the summer, and last through April 15. I guess they can still have Christmas in New Zealand and Australia in the middle of the summer, we can too.

Down here, deer season (for guns) starts Nov. 10, if somebody shoots something that looks like Bambi on Nov 1st, did they not shoot a deer?
That remains to be seen. Reminds me of a story ... My honey used to hunt on a Big Timber Co lease next to the family farm. After a few years I asked him to not bring home a big old buck, but bring back a young, tender one instead. He complied, but when I took a look at the quarters dressed out in the ice chest I exclaimed, "That's not a deer, that's a doberman!" Anyway, on Nov. 1 it's called poached, whether it was Bambi or not.

That's all I've got to say about that!

- Donna

Last edited by dmartz; 12-05-2012 at 05:40 AM. Reason: P.S. Just because Christmas ends on April 15 doesn't mean you'll be required to take your lights down!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

• Calories < 1600: 1497, 1645,
  • Protein > 50g: 104, 101,
  • Fats < 30%: 38, 39,
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 281, 283,
  • Exercise minutes: 65, 0,
  • I am Thankful For: Good Friends, My Health,
Walked at least a mile ... Feeling my 'victuals.'

Last edited by dmartz; 12-05-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. Try to keep carbs and protein in check Mon--Carbs NO protein yes, Tues--same Wed--YES 140/60
2. Drink 6 glasses of water a day--at least Mon--Got too busy and forgot Tues--same Wed-went to play so no afternoon water
3. Exercise Mon I was cleaning so burned some calories, Tues NO Wed NO
4. Before going grocery shopping (which is Thurs) write out list and work out meal plan for week. oh better do that!!

Personal
1. Finish Christmas cards not yet--but wrapped 2 presents this morning
2. Empty fridge and clean not yet
3. Tidy downstairs YES and cleaned kitchen
4. Put up tree??

Ok giving myself a pass on putting up the tree until weekend.
Need to buy a couple of cards for friends but they will get done by Fri!!

Went to see Miracle on 34th Street this afternoon at Theatre--play. Not the same!! I'm such a traditionalist at Christmas. The best part was the little boy in the court room scene--his Dad is the DA. And if you've never seen it on tv it's REQUIRED viewing at Christmas.

Jenn
Old 12-05-2012, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hokay, sadly this has been a not-so-good week with keeping up with goals, but it's only halfway and I still have half a week to turn it around! Stayed home sick today though, so the exercise/eating thing just isn't like it should be, but trying my best to eat homemade stuff.

1) Drink more water, try for three bottles a day: M - 1.5, T - 2, W - only half so far, need to force it down though
2) Walk at least five days with my dog: M - Yes!, T - No , W - No; sick
3) Watch my carb intake and keep count on it: NO! But I have been focusing on my studies with a final due this weekend, so I am more interested in my financial numbers and not these ones (bad! I know!)
4) Eat less nuts - cut back to a couple times a week and not everyday: M - Had almond butter, T - None!, W - None!
5) Exercise - Zumba, yoga, weight training, cardio, anything!: This has been a bust so far this week
6) Stretch: Another bust so far this week
7) STAY POSITIVE!: M - Yes, T - Yes, W - ehhhhh, not really
8) Practice meditating before bed: M - No, T - No, W - I NEED to

Tomorrow is always another day, so I'm trying not to feel down about it. Just wish I could have kept up a few of those to this point. I did make a homemade butternut squash soup, though, so that tasted good today
Old 12-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
Ok, I guess I was wrong... According to wikipedia:

But that still doesn't make it right. Soon the US Christmas season will start in the middle of the summer, and last through April 15. I guess they can still have Christmas in New Zealand and Australia in the middle of the summer, we can too.

That remains to be seen. Reminds me of a story ... My honey used to hunt on a Big Timber Co lease next to the family farm. After a few years I asked him to not bring home a big old buck, but bring back a young, tender one instead. He complied, but when I took a look at the quarters dressed out in the ice chest I exclaimed, "That's not a deer, that's a doberman!" Anyway, on Nov. 1 it's called poached, whether it was Bambi or not.

That's all I've got to say about that!

- Donna
I agree that the Christmas season starts too soon. IMO if it weren't for Christmas being a big buck revenue generator for retailers, it wouldn't be happening so early. I think the madness that Black Friday brings out in some people really shows what Christmas has turned to. As far as the season starting mid summer, it's been said that Jesus was actually born in the summer, not on Dec. 25th, if that is true, maybe it should be in the summer... but that's a whole 'nother debate.

Okay, that's enough pot stirring for me. Y'all have a good week, I'll check in later.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I am here but not doing well. Do you ever have times in your life when you feel like you can't get your feet under you in anything, no matter how hard you try? I have been running way behind on home stuff, work stuff, social stuff, parent stuff, animal stuff (yes, really!), and of course diet and exercise stuff. If I give attention to something, I get even further behind on the others. So frustrating!

I don't even know whether to go with a couple basic goals or go back to tried and true to get back into the routine. Aaargh! But I know staying away isn't the answer, so I'll start with this:

1. Check in and post daily.
2. Log everything!
Hey Everyone!

I'm apparently in the same boat as Cassie... No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to get my healthful eating act together for a whole bunch of reasons, too numerous to go into here. A partial list includes celebratory eating, stress eating, eating caused by life changes, blah, blah, blah...

This week, after seeing a horrifying number on the scale (before all of the Christmas eating and partying even begins...) I have decided to get my act together in baby steps. Instead of starting off logging daily (and probably failing) I'm going to just settle for being proud of every single thing that I eat. That should eliminate many of the holiday goodies that I can't seem to stay away from this year.

Also, like Cassie, I am going to check in daily as a reminder of what I know that I need to do. Have to do some soul searching and figure out why I'm letting my hard work slip away...

Looking forward to catching up with everyone!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, I hate that you're struggling, too, but maybe having you on here being accountable will kick my tuckus back into gear. I have been wracking my brain as well to figure out what the problem is .

Quick check in; I'm totally ready to crash.

1. Check in and post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Log everything! Yes, Yes, Yes
3. No trigger foods! None, Whoops, None

Good on the food today. Still didn't find time to exercise .
Old 12-06-2012, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wed

• Calories < 1600: 1497, 1645, 1338
  • Protein > 50g: 104, 101, 71
  • Fats < 30%: 38, 39, 36
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 281, 283, 186(!)
  • Exercise minutes: 65, 0, 15
  • I am Thankful For: Good Friends, My Health, Mental Acumen
Too Much Caffeine !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.