Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 11/26/12...Welcome Back!

Old 11-28-2012, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
breakfast
eggs, maybe a piece of sugar free toast
lunch
leftover turkey and veg stew
dinner
scallops
veg
Snacks
nuts
apple
pineapple
goat cheese and turkey roll ups
pickles
Old 11-28-2012, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Goals
Lots of H2O: Y, Y
Focus on whole foods: Mostly, Mostly
Focus on fruits and veggies: Y (big veggie soup for dinner), Y
Focus on exercise: N, Y (kicked butt at the Gym!)
Lose 1lb: -.2 so far
Post to FD even at the end of the week when I get lazy: Y, Y
Don’t stress over Christmas (I manage to pull it off every year and this will be no different): Y - I am debating skipping cards all together. So far not too stressed out. Planning a white elephant party with close friends and it is pot-luck so no worries about providing all the food.

Food Plan - Wednesday
Coffee x 2
Breakfast - scrambled egg and 1/2 piece toast with margarine
Lunch - veggie sushi
Snack - nuts
Dinner - not sure yet...
1 Drink with dinner if at all
Back-up food for after dinner craving - low cal, low carb and low salt
Chocolate piece for dessert

Ama
Old 11-28-2012, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
[Don’t stress over Christmas (I manage to pull it off every year and this will be no different): Y - I am debating skipping cards all together. So far not too stressed out. Planning a white elephant party with close friends and it is pot-luck so no worries about providing all the food.
My Mom and I skipped sending out Christmas cards a couple of years. One year I sent out a couple of notes to close friends after Christmas when things calm down. We have to learn what is best for ourselves and not guilt ourselves into thinking "but I ALWAYS do it".

Jennifer
Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, I know how you feel--the frustration of losing the same 5 lbs. over and over. I joined this group at 240 In Jan. 2011, at one time got down to 207, and am back up to 229.5. But I know I can do this--just taking one day at a time with the help of my doctor and this wonderful group. I also understand the learning experience in meal plans. I almost went over in cholesterol for today. Luckily I ate only half my large salad at Wendy's that also had hard boiled egg and bacon in it. I was going to eat the other half for dinner until I discovered after logging that salad was so high in cholesterol. I usually eat zero cholesterol egg substitute. I saw in the nutrition tracker that one large chicken shell egg has 211mg cholesterol. My target is a maximum of 250mg cholesterol per day. So I am NOT eating the rest of that salad for dinner tonight, but can enjoy it for lunch tomorrow.

Hope, it took a lot of web surfing to come up with that list of metabolism boosting foods. Wish I'd found a ton more--but I'll still keep looking. I'm NOT letting go of that whip--too chicken! LOL

Gotta go pick up grandkids from school.

Will be back later.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

New to fitday. Started after getting back from Thanksgiving, time to do something. I love reading all your plans, here's mine:

1)<1300 calories
2) 6 glasses of water /day, include water at wake up
3) exercise days at gym
4) yoga or meditate daily
5) food journal
6) join forum for support, need support
Old 11-28-2012, 11:05 AM

Ama and Hope, thanks for the well-wishes.

Mern and Jenn, I totally feel your pain losing the same few pounds over and over. If I were pounding my head against the wall, I would learn that it's not a good idea and I would stop hurting my body. Why can't I apply the same concept to eating the wrong food?

1. Try to average 1650/day for the week. way off.
2. Get back to logging everything every day, even the bad stuff. yes
3. Take my meds 2x/day. yes
4. When I start to grab a high calorie, high sugar snack, make a better choice. yes.*

*ok, so in the a.m. before I made my goals I ate Oreo's. After I ate them and logged them is when I made the goal to stop eating high sugar, high calorie snacks. That I did. But then I later in the evening I was so starving, and I didn't know what else to have for a snack, so I grabbed some Cheez-Its. Those two things made my calories for the day sky-high. So I need to modify #4 to read "When I start to grab junk food, make a better choice."

One snack that I recently found was little mini rice cakes that are apple cinnamon flavored. They are really good! Crunchy, sweet, and you can have quite a few for not many calories. I need to buy more of those.

And tonight it's going to be sky-high again because we are having Panda Express for dinner. We rarely get it, and when dh says I can go get it, I can't turn it down. I will just have to make up for it some other way. There's always the dreaded "E" word.

(beware, men) Oh, and I shouldn't have weighed myself and beaten myself up over my weight gain up to 238 the other day. The next day was the start of ttom for me, and I always go up several lbs during that week. Already today it's 236.8, so I know by the end of the week it will be better.

Welcome to the group, smartday.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Quick update.
I thought I was doing well on what I ate today but when I added it up the carbs and protein they were both high. I did get some exercise in today and felt great after doing it (only about 20 min).

Jenn
Old 11-28-2012, 03:02 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals: yes, yes, yes
2) stick to plan (or equivalent): yes no yes
3) 1600 calories or less - 1340 no 1587
4) lower carbs -yes, yes, yes
5) no caffeine which means no chocolate heavy sigh -yes sigh, yes sigh, yes
6) 6 glasses water min -7, 8 5
7) be a stretchy mama every day -yes, no yes
8) gym or gentle exercise at least 3x this week -no, no, no
9) meditate daily-yes no yes
10) practice Spanish -yes no yes
11) WRITE - yes class yes
12) be kinder to myself; stop being such a hater to me - trying so yes, yes, yes
13) avoid sugar: yes, yes, yes

Welcome Smartday!!!

Last edited by canary52; 11-28-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:07 PM
FitDay Member

Plan for Wed:
Breakfast:
eggs and no nitrite bacon
1 slice of sugar free taost
pineapple
Lunch
turkey stew
Dinner
swordfish
veg
Snacks:
turkey soup
apple
nuts
sugar free cookie or Vitamuffin

We made a turkey for DD's friends' Thanksgivingthis Sat. getting kinda sick of turkey not gonna lie so I might swap stuff out...

Last edited by canary52; 11-29-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wed.

• Calories: 1248, 1843, 1498,
  • Protein: 51, 88, 55,
  • Sugar, fats under control: No, No, No (Sugar: Y, Fat: 46%)
  • Exercise minutes: 30, 50, 0,
Eggs + Cheese + Nuts = too much fat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.