Didn't spend time pre-planning my meals and then I didn't log faithfully enough when I had computer access today. I didn't eat any foods taboo to my diet plan and my portion control was good, but I ate too many of the foods that add to sat fat totals: e.g. low carb ice cream, preservative free salami, sugar free chocolate, reduced fat cheese, cream based Alfredo sauce...
Calorie limit 1600: 1252, 1356, 1524
25g net carbs (after deducting fiber) 26g, 17g, 30g
minimum 120g protein 128gm 129g, 102g
maximum 250mg dietary cholesterol 170mg, 198mg, 227mg
take supplements YES, YES, YES
exercise 4 days Tues-Sun Not yet
Portion control YES, YES, YES
Select most foods from metabolism boosting foods list:YES, YES, YES,
water 64 oz. NO, YES. YES
Age 68, 5 feet tall
Highest weight ever in the fall of 2010 246 lbs.
FitDay starting weight 1/17/2011 240 lbs.
Weight 8/14/2014 lowest in a long time 224.2
Weight 9/23/2014 doctor visit 233
Easter Challenge Goal 220 Weight 1/26/15 236.8
1) plan meals: yes, yes, yes, yes
2) stick to plan (or equivalent): yes no yes, yes very close
3) 1600 calories or less - 1340 no 1587, 1490
4) lower carbs -yes, yes, yes, yes
5) no caffeine which means no chocolate heavy sigh -yes sigh, yes sigh, yes, yes
6) 6 glasses water min -7, 8 5 6
7) be a stretchy mama every day -yes, no yes, yes must stretch or I feel icky
8) gym or gentle exercise at least 3x this week -no, no, no, no
9) meditate daily-yes no yes, yes
10) practice Spanish -yes no yes class
11) WRITE - yes class yes, yes woke up and wrote right away
12) be kinder to myself; stop being such a hater to me - trying so yes, yes, yes, yes mwhah
13) avoid sugar: yes, yes, yes, yes
Mern, I DO miss chocolate but I have Vitamuffins (sf banana) with fruit sweetened raspberry jam and having half a sf choc chip cookie twice this week helped -very few chips in em honest.)
For lowering cholesterol, having oatmeal for breakfast worked or me for a while. Now I am lowish carb and oatmeal is rare.
eggs and no nitrite bacon (I peel the fat off)
1 slice sf multi grain toast
turkey and goat cheese roll ups
burger, no bun
Plan: GET SLEEP haha, go to yoga tomorrow. I have been a gym slacker.
Wow! I see a lot of really goal lists out there...Just off the last 2 pages I see Hope, Ama, Mern, Krystal...you all are doing great! Joanna, even if the start of your was a bust, you can always finish with a bang. You can do it!
1. Try to average 1650/day for the week. way off. too high. still high, but better than the other days.
2. Get back to logging everything every day, even the bad stuff. yes. yes. yes.
3. Take my meds 2x/day. yes. only 1x. yes.
4. When I start to grab junk food, make a better choice. yes.* yes. no.
I was going to be under my calories last night, even with a small piece of pie after dinner figured into my log. But then the rest of the pie was calling me, taunting me with its sugary goodness. I couldn't resist. I had another small piece before bed. The rest got eaten by the family, so I can't give into temptation anymore. The cupboards are about empty. Hoping I can keep myself out of trouble today.
What, however, is the role of dietary protein in health and disease in humans? Is the source, type and quantity intimately and directly tied to optimal physical development and continued wellbeing? Is it causative or preventative of disease? How do we know, and how can we know?
You will soon see the question is anything but simple! In the pages that [are linked above], two scientists at the top of their respective fields--Dr. T. Colin Campbell, Professor of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University, author of The China Study and Dr. Loren Cordain Professor, Department of Health & Exercise Science, Colorado State University, author of The Paleo Dietómake their competing cases for the role of dietary protein in health and disease.
1. Keep carbs/protein in check Mon 145/53, Tues-Thurs not good
2. Log (have fallen off this ) Mon-Thurs yes
3. Drink water Mon and Wed--not enoughTues and Thurs-yes
4. Eat 4 servings fruits/veggies Mon, Tues and Thurs--yes
5. Exercise Mon-no, Tues-Thurs-yes
I forget who said they drank a glass of water when they woke up in the morning. I have started doing that. I drink approximately half a glass in the middle of the night and another half when I first wake up.