Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 11/26/12...Welcome Back!

Old 11-27-2012, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hope and Lisa - Thanks for more ideas! I am putting together a shopping list now and included pistachios and cheese sticks. I buy small cheese squares for my sons lunches, but those would make great snacks for me as well! Also including smoked salmon and hummus. Ama
Old 11-27-2012, 10:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hope and Krystal - I am so sorry to hear about your struggles with panic attacks. I have had 2 in my life and both were terrifying! I can't imagine how it must be to have them as often as you both do. Big hugs to you both.

Lisa - Sorry to hear that you had such a traumatic holiday, and about your struggles with being bipolar. I hope this week is going to be great for you! I really like the quote from your nutritionist. Big hug to you too!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Crawling back with my head hung low and my tail between my legs in shame. Just teasing--I know you all have that unconditional patience and support for those of us who go astray.

In my absence from our group I ate poorly and gained weight. I'm sure my blood test scheduled for the end of December would show I'm back in the pre-diabetic range, but I know if I'm really faithful to my low carb diet I can get my blood sugar back to normal by the end of February. So I shot my doc an email of cofession and asked for her approval of pushing back my scheduled lab test for blood sugar, cholestrol and triglycerides from the end of December to the end of February. She sent me back an email of support and good faith and her blessing to reschedule the blood test.

Simple goals this week
Portion control
Select most foods from metabolism boosting foods list
25g net carbs (after deducting fiber)
minimum 120g protein
maximum 250mg dietary cholesterol
take supplements
exercise 5 days
water 64 oz.
Mern - I can't ever imagine you crawling anywhere! Just stomp right on back in here with your head held high! I'm sorry to hear you have had a rough time of it lately, but I am so glad you are back and ready to get on track! I like that e-mail of confession. LOL! What a great relationship you have with your doc, you are so fortunate. Best wishes to you this week!
Old 11-27-2012, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Huge hugs to all who are going through health and emotional issues in addition to the struggle to stick with food and exercise goals.

Hope, thanks. It did really hit me that in straying from my diet I was neglecting my health. And I did come back here for motivation. I had a whip that I often threatened to use on Mike, but anyone could take it away from me and use it on me. LOL

Ama, thanks for your encouragement. On my crawling back--you know me pretty well already--I really am more of a stomper, crediting myself with stubbornly refusing to give up. LOL My doc and I really do make a good team--she's so supportive and actually invites me to email her with questions and updates between visits. I dropped two previous doctors who didn't have enough faith in me or didn't want to take the time to help me manage my pre-diabetes without medication. I know how lucky I am to have found her and wish all of you the same support from your own health care professionals.

Donna, here's what I've found on metabolism boosting foods so far. There must be more--I need to do more web surfing.

WHEY PROTEIN POWDER
ALMONDS
NATURAL YOGURT
GREEN TEA
SPINACH
EGGS
TURKEY
CHICKEN BREAST
PEANUT BUTTER
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
VERY COLD WATER because our bodies have to work harder to warm it up
VEGETABLES, ESPECIALLY HIGH FIBER ONES
FLAXMEAL FOR THE FIBER
SALMON
STRAWBERRIES
Old 11-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, you've got this 💩! Don't make me take your whip and use it on you.

I like the $10 for 10 pound challenge! In fact I challenge any of y'all to beat me! Any takers?😳
Old 11-27-2012, 11:23 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks for your support. I'm gonna hold tight to my whip so you don't use it on me. LOL

Report beginning with Tuesday restart:

Portion control YES
Select most foods from metabolism boosting foods list YES
25g net carbs (after deducting fiber) 26g
minimum 120g protein 128
maximum 250mg dietary cholesterol 170mg
take supplements YES
exercise 4 days Tues-Sun (not 5 this week) Not yet
water 64 oz. NO
Old 11-28-2012, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Goals
1. Keep carbs/protein in check Mon 145/53, Tues carbs way over but protein ok
2. Log (have fallen off this ) Mon-yes, Tues-yes
3. Drink water Mon--not enoughTues-yes
4. Eat 4 servings fruits/veggies Mon-yes
Tues--3
5. Exercise Mon-no, Tues-yes

Carbs were over yesterday. Helps to see what I have to get rid of in meal plans.
A little frustrated lately in that I seem to be a slow learner. I have been losing the same 5 lbs for 3 months.
I am so thankful for this forum because we are all in this together.

Jenn
Old 11-28-2012, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, my heart goes out to you, honey. Though I do not know the pains of being bipolar, I know from having chronic illness that "normal" is individual. What is normal? Seems to be different for everyone. So I do like what your doctor said and I do hope things get better for you. So sorry Thanskgiving was traumatic. Here is to better times. (I am raising an imaginary glass of nice cool water, now I should go raise a real one!!! LOL)

Mern,I am so glad about (and impressed with) how your doctor is working with you. Hold on to that one (and let go of that whip!!! LOL) The list of metabolism boosting foods is interesting; where did you find it?

Ama, so glad the suggestions helped. And look at you being proactive and all, buying the stuff. I'd be curious to see how it works out for you.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals: yes, yes
2) stick to plan (or equivalent): yes no
3) 1600 calories or less - 1340 no
4) lower carbs -yes, yes
5) no caffeine which means no chocolate heavy sigh -yes sigh, yes sigh
6) 6 glasses water min -7, 8
7) be a stretchy mama every day -yes, no
8) gym or gentle exercise at least 3x this week -no, no
9) meditate daily-yes no
10) practice Spanish -yes no
11) WRITE - yes class
12) be kinder to myself; stop being such a hater to me - trying so yes, yes
13) avoid sugar: yes

Terrible Tuesday excuses: I didnt sleep much, I woke up it was frigging snowing, I had class, I saw a friend who was blue, I fought traffic, made dinner for DH who was late home (due to limited trains) from his terrible day in the city; I was frigging exhausted.

New day. Do over.

Last edited by canary52; 11-28-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tues. report

• Calories: 1248, 1843, (I couldn't resist the chunky peanut butter! )
  • Protein: 51, 88 ( at least it got the protein # up. )
  • Sugar, fats under control: No, No,
  • Exercise minutes: 30, 50,
Mern, Thanks! I like some of those metabolic foods.

- Donna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.