Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 11/26/12...Welcome Back!

Old 11-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread 11/26/12...Welcome Back!

Admittedly, I totally disappeared over the holiday. I tried to make a point of not having my nose in the computer once all the relatives arrived, but predictably, my logging was nonexistent.

But there is always another Monday morning, right?

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday filled with family, friends, and happiness.

It's going to be a crazy week for me but it's also a no-excuses week, so here we go:

1. Calories <1300.
2. Exercise 6 days.
3. Sleep 7 hours per night, at least.
4. Eat clean.
5. Take vitamins and supplements.
6. Tally CE hours and send in license renewal.

**Another note: There is a tentative plan to move the 7-Day thread to another section to reflect the fact that more men are joining us, possibly the Weight Loss section or Success Stories. If anyone has any objections to this or strong feelings one way or the other, please post or PM me. Thanks!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Cassie for starting us off!

Goals
1. Keep carbs/protein in check
2. Log (have fallen off this )
3. Drink water
4. Eat 4 servings fruits/veggies
5. Exercise

Jenn
Old 11-26-2012, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Alright, second week on this - here we go!

I went a little over during Thanksgiving, but it's time to bring it back down again. Here are my goals for this week:

1) Eat <1900 calories a day
2) Yoga for 30 minutes at least 3 days
3) Walking with dog at least 5 days
4) Stretching every day!
5) Stay happy and positive all week!!

Keeping the list short and simple, but tough for me!

As for moving it Cassie, I wouldn't mind at all. I think it'd be great to get more people involved with this! Motivation should come from everyone to everyone. If more men would like to join in on listing goals to help them achieve them, all power to them! So, in short, I'm fine if we move the thread.

Good luck this week everyone!
Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals
2) stick to plan
3) 1600 calories or less
4) lower carbs
5) no caffeine which means no chocolate heavy sigh
6) 6 glasses water min
7) be a stretchy mama every day
8) gym or gentle exercise at least 3x this week
9) meditate daily
10) practice Spanish
11) WRITE
12) be kinder to myself; stop being such a hater to me

I've been having panic attacks and diet affects that for me so I am trying to go strict, also hoping meditation will help. It's gonna be a challenge because I am goign away at the end of the week (tos ee an out of state fibro doctor) and packing and traveling always disrupts things.

Cassie thank you so much for starting us.

Jenn, I am so glad you are here.

Krystal, I totally agree with your take on men and the motivational thread. I don't care where the thread is, just tell us where so we can find it. Plus, Krystal, I like your goals!

Have a good week. I am hoping more of us will come back and others (male or female) will feel free to join.

Last edited by canary52; 11-26-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in for the week! I'll post goals later today, but just wanted to poke my head in. I totally bombed the holidays, but I wasn't actually planning to limit myself. I mean, I basically knew I would eat it all anyway, so why bother making myself feel badly while I'm doing it. Anyway, free pass last week, ready to work this week.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
breakfast
egg whites and no nitrite ham and mushrooms
orange
Lunch:
tuna and salad or tuna on sugar free bread
apple
Dinner
Salmon and veg or turkey and veg
Snacks
hummus and veg
fruit
nuts
Old 11-26-2012, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Goals

One of my goals for last week was to develop some long term goals. This, as always, is very hard for me. Under self-duress, here is what I've come up with:
  • Identify an ongoing, constructive use of my time by year end.
  • Take an online class.
  • Learn a new programming language (not necessarily using the technique described above).
  • Continue to workout at least 3 times a week.
  • Keep weight within 7 pounds of my current weight (up or down).
Item number one is not exactly SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely) and sounds more like procrastination than a goal, so I went back and added a deadline. [No more excuses!]

Weekly goals:
  • Post calories, protein
  • Keep sugar and fats under control
  • Ramp up my exercise routine this week, add cardio.
As motivation to ramp up my exercise, I found an old bookmark, and tried to do this 12 minute home workout:
BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv
Didn't keep up with the 'rock body,' but didn't do too bad, and certainly kept my heart rate up! A bit of this and a bit of rope jumping, and I'll be over the Thanksgiving bulge in no time.

- Donna

Last edited by dmartz; 11-26-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
There is a tentative plan to move the 7-Day thread to another section to reflect the fact that more men are joining us, possibly the Weight Loss section or Success Stories. If anyone has any objections to this or strong feelings one way or the other, please post or PM me. Thanks!
I don't have any strong feelings on the matter, but do have an opinion. I like the idea of moving this thread out of the Women's Only section. Wouldn't want any men to feel too intimidated to join us. They help keep the discussions well, um, rounded. (No, um, pun intended.

Perhaps the best place to move these threads would be into a new section under FitDay Forums, called Motivation. Keeping the title and the section heading rather generic, it opens the commentary to a wide range of topics.

Also, I like that they are weekly threads, rather than one enormous collection of posts. I think this encourages more participation by newcomers, who may not feel compelled to read through hundreds of posts before wanting to add their comments.

- Donna
Old 11-26-2012, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator

Okay Barker's Beauties, I'm back and ready to rumble.

1) -1 pound
2) 2 miles
3) 3 workouts
4) 4 fruits/veggies
Old 11-26-2012, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

The week after…

Well… I ate like crazy for 4 days in a row. Yes, I went stupid on food, and am definitely feeling sluggish and crappy this morning… BUT this morning the scale only showed .5 lb up from my maintenance range, so YAY!

Goals
Lots of H2O:
Focus on whole foods:
Focus on fruits and veggies:
Focus on exercise:
Lose 1lb:
Post to FD even at the end of the week when I get lazy:
Don’t stress over Christmas (I manage to pull it off every year and this will be no different):

Food Plan - Monday
Coffee x 2
Pizza x 2 slices (home-made with little crust, very little cheese, and lots of veggies)
Small sushi take-out
Veggie soup for dinner (left-over veggies from T-Day, all in a pot with some beans and spices)
Piece of chocolate for dessert

Ama

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.