1) Walk at least five days with my dog Yes! Fifth time today!
2) Make 2 homemade meals (not including salads) Not yet, but plan to make meals tomorrow for the coming week.
3) Learn 2 new yoga poses Did a yoga DVD, but have done it before so nothing new. Plan to learn a pose tonight and one tomorrow!
4) Keep at my calorie counting Yes! This is the longest I've been able to keep at this; I'm soo excited!
5) STAY POSITIVE Surprising I have been in a wonderful and positive mood all week. I'm grateful for feeling better!
6) Do not overeat at Thanksgiving, stick to light salads, root vegetables, etc. Had a couple slices of pie in there, but on the whole, better than normal!
This is my first time in this thread, so I hope I replied correctly and filled it out right. I'm not sure how many items I need, but since I am just starting, I wanted to start small. I think this is a great goal for the coming week.
I think I have been doing well for my first week of goals! Already thinking on what to do next week! I'm glad everyone had a good holiday
Starting weight: 207.8 - November 14, 2012
Current weight: 191.4
2nd Mini Goal: 187.8
1st Mini Goal: 197.8 - December 6, 2012
Goal weight: 135 - November 14, 2013
Where did everyone go? Are they with Cassie in the Land of The Schizophrenic Food? (I've expanded it from house of S.F. to entire land.)
I'm still here. I haven't done very much exercising this week. I can't even use holidays as an excuse because I live in Canada. Eating habits haven't been great this week, not overboard but could've been better. I haven't logged all week although in my head I know carbs would've been over. With Christmas coming I need to motivate myself more.
Good things...BP was down to normal range (130/80) this morning with heart rate good too and I haven't gained any weight (weighed on Fri).
I'll skip over the other parts of the week - here are the T-Day results! This is actually the result for Friday as well, as it was a complete repeat of Thursday... At least on Friday we went to the mountains and cut a tree, so hiking in the woods was a definite plus!
Go easy on the butter: Yes
Do not drench everything in gravy like I usually do (potatoes only): Yes
1 dinner roll max: Yes
Dish up small servings of everything and DON’T go back for seconds: Seconds on a few items...
2 glasses of wine max (major challenge): 3
1 small slice of pie: Medium slice
Watch football - Yes
Take a walk - No
Enjoy every single minute of family time! Yes!!!
Welcome back Mern!!!
Happy Thanksgiving Week!
5’6”, 40yo Maintaining with a Vengeance! (Possibly...)
1) Except for Thursday, try going easier on the carbs -yes, yes, yes EXCEPT FOR THURSDAY; it was in my "contract"; leftovers (and the stress of an argument with DD) got to me not gonna no, no
2) exercise in any form 2x -yes took a class but suffered for it in a terrible flare last night; had to take more meds at home mellow, no WENT TO THE GYM!!!!!!!!!!! yoga at the gym no, yes
3) water, 6 glasses min- 5 (I kept knocking over water; I spilled more than I drank) 6 at least, 6, 6 at least I think, haven't been counting but I have been drinking water, yes; yes/COLOR]
4) cals, 1600 max (except Thursday)-1265, 1504, DK but under 1600 Who knows? Who cares? see excuse for #1 goal; ? Yes
5) Plan meals -yup, yup, yup, yup, yeah but stickignto it is the thing no until late
6) Stick to plan- yup traded out an an orange for an apple and ate a few tiny cheese samples but if I don't go totally offtrack I'm calling it a win, yup good until I started cooking and "tasting" fine until dinner; can we say potatoes and gravy? no ["darkorange"] until late
7) Meditation - yes no yes, yes no and I could use it,no
8) remember to be grateful every day - grateful for gym and DD coming home!!!!! MY GIRL IS HERE!!!! no; NO, NO
9) stretch -yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
Jenn, I am so happy to hear those health figures, great about the bp, heart rate and weight. Yeah!!!! So good to hear.
I am surprised that I did not gain any weight since we had TWO Thanksgivings; the one on Thursday and then DD had a friends' one. We have HUGE amounts of food now: rice for 10, two leftover turkeys, mac and cheese, mountains of candied yams, as well as plain sweet potatoes, too many desserts and a five pound box of chocolate covered pretzels. And it's just DH and me and I try not to eat sugar.
Ama, you did really well! I think I did pretty good...all things considered...
Just dropped my daughter off at the airport and I am amazed at how much I miss her already. She will be back in two and a half weeks for a month though.
We have HUGE amounts of food now: rice for 10, two leftover turkeys, mac and cheese, mountains of candied yams, as well as plain sweet potatoes, too many desserts and a five pound box of chocolate covered pretzels. And it's just DH and me and I try not to eat sugar.