I've kept it under control very well today. I've made several pies, chip dip and have all kinds of snacks out and ready to go. You know how Cheez-Its are a food group for me? The box has stayed closed all day! It's killing me, but it's still sealed. I was going to opt out of making my famous chocolate chip cookies this year, but my kids put the kabash on that idea. I guess no holiday is the same without my cookies according to them. I'll try to just have 2 or 3. That will be hard! I've got a good strategy, though. We are going to make the cookies tomorrow afternoon after dinner, so they will not be sitting around all day for me to graze on. They will get mostly eaten in the evening, and then I will send some home with Tyler.
Yesterday I did not keep to my calories as well I wanted, but today I've done very well. Taking a day off from logging tomorrow, but right back at it on Friday.
I'm so excited to have all my kids under one roof tomorrow. I don't see my oldest son and his gf very often, so it's really nice when I do. Hope you all have a very nice holiday, and please be safe if you will be out driving.
Re-Starting weight 7/26/13: 277
Mini goal: 270 by 8/23/13
Goal weight: 130ish by 12/25/2014
1) Eat under 1500 calories -- except for today, since I've been invited to Thanksgiving dinner NO, BUT EATING VEGAN TODAY
2) Go back to the gym after a hiatus DID IT YESTERDAY... YEP!
3) Work on my story collection... IT'S A HOLIDAY, SO I NEED TO GET OFF MY DUFF
4) Clean my apartment (that'll burn some calories!) CLEANING MY KITCHEN TODAY
5) Eat vegan for one day THAT'S TODAY
And Cassie's right... don't go stupid with the food! Thanksgiving should be a family and friends holiday, not a food holiday... Behlor
1) Except for Thursday, try going easier on the carbs -yes, yes, yes
2) exercise in any form 2x -yes took a class but suffered for it in a terrible flare last night; had to take more meds, at home mellow no
3) water, 6 glasses min- 5 (I kept knocking over water; I spilled more than I drank) 6 at least, 6
4) cals, 1600 max (except Thursday)-1265, 1504, DK but under 1600
5) Plan meals -yup, yup, yup
6) Stick to plan- yup traded out an an orange for an apple and ate a few tiny cheese samples but if I don't go totally offtrack I'm calling it a win, yup good until I started cooking and "tasting"
7) Meditation - yes no yes
8) remember to be grateful every day - grateful for gym and DD coming home!!!!! MY GIRL IS HERE!!!! no; when is DD going back again?
9) stretch -yes, yes
Ezkiel English muffin and Tofutti cream cheese
egg whites and no nitrite ham and mushrooms
hummus, guacamole and carrots and chips
3 stuffed mushrooms
homemade cranberry sauce
stuffing (small amount)
sweet potatoes (small amount)
One piece of pecan pie
Can I really plan this?
Thanks to everyone for the Thanksgiving wishes. I count you all among the many blessings for which I am thankful.
My turkey is in the oven. Will be just nine of us--eating about 3:30-4:00.
Kudos to you who are doing so well today! I am only because I've been busy. Had some cantaloupe, strawberries and coffee with cream today-- and just one slice of an apple later as I was making Waldorf Salad for the family. I'm not going totally low carb today but will try, as Cassie says, to not go crazy stupid on the food.
Oh, that just reminded me of Cassie being in the house of schizophrenic food this time of year. LOL Sending special good wishes on that.
Back to the kitchen!
Hugs to all!
Age 68, 5 feet tall
Highest weight ever in the fall of 2010 246 lbs.
FitDay starting weight 1/17/2011 240 lbs.
Weight 6/25/2014 233 that obviously included a lot of water retention
Weight 7/13/2014 224.6 with an eye on "Onederland"