Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational 11/19-11/25: Thanksgiving Week; Gratitude, Not Just Food >

7 Day Motivational 11/19-11/25: Thanksgiving Week; Gratitude, Not Just Food

Notices

7 Day Motivational 11/19-11/25: Thanksgiving Week; Gratitude, Not Just Food

Old 11-20-2012, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Whoa Cassie and I thought my pantry was weird!!!!! (I will admit to buying some junk DD doesn't need but she will be having lots of friends over.) How many people live there?
My mom, my sister, my sister's husband. My niece (29), but she is often at her boyfriend's.

We are here for Thanksgiving, my brother is as well, and my other sister and her family and various nieces and nephews will land tonight and tomorrow, but the pantry looks like that even when there isn't a holiday.

My sister and brother just went to the store for turkeys and more ice cream. Really.

My husband says if there is ever a nuclear war, he is coming here, because it could feed us for 6 months, at least. So I am channeling my inner willpower as best I can!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie my Mom actually said that she probably won't bake this year for Christmas because we can't eat it. Only 4 adults and a 6 month old anyway.

Jenn
Old 11-20-2012, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

Just checking in and saying hello!

Not going to make goals for the week, especially since I know I won't be online much after Wednesday. I did stay under 1600 calories yesterday and had a good leg workout at the gym. Trying to be good until Thanksgiving.

Wishing all my FD friends a Happy Thanksgiving. Don't let your relatives drive you CRAZY! I will indulge in moderation. We have decided no wine for the holiday this year so at least I don't have to worry about those extra calories.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie – Holy Cow! I was not on FD last year at this time, but I think I heard of the legendary pantry list in earlier posts – you weren’t kidding! I’d love to see a picture of that pantry! It totally reminds me of my Grandmother’s house when I was a kid. Her house was stocked with soda, chocolate, cheese, sugary kids cereals, pies and donuts lined the counter tops, every variety of Hostess treat imaginable was available, and on and on…

Lisa – Lots and lots of green! You rock! Mmmm… chocolate pretzels… only 4? I envy your restraint!

Hope – I like all your orange! Way to stick to your plan!

Tori – I’m glad you’re checking in! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday – it is hard not to go insane with food. But I shall give it a go…

Kevin – Congrats on making your weight goal!!! YAY! I wish I had your enthusiasm for working out. It is a struggle for me to get to the gym 2x a week. I need to try harder… I like the goal about not arguing with the Mrs. Hahaha!

Quinn – Your goals look great! Lots of yes’.

Blkblueanimegrl (did I get it right?) – Welcome to the thread! Nice goals!

Peachtree – Yes, a friends and family holiday for certain… have a great one!

Ron – Seems like you met a few goals anyway; staying under 1600 and getting a good workout in – great job! Love the phrase “indulge in moderation.” I need to remember that one! No wine, wow! Only way for my relatives not to drive me crazy is to have the wine open and aplenty! I'm kidding, really truely...
Old 11-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

1. Don't go stupid with food (Is this Tori's wording? Gotta love it). Good, Fair to Good (I had 4 animal crackers and 4 hard candies, but everything else was on point, so not considering that going stupid)
2. Get exercise. Yep, Yes
3. Get enough sleep. Yes, finally, and it was lovely! Yes, and can I say I love meeting this goal?
4. Drink enough. Did great, Yes
5. Stay active on FitDay. Could be more so, Ditto
6. Be thankful. Yes, Yes

Will catch up in the AM with you all.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Except for Thursday, try going easier on the carbs -yes, yes
2) exercise in any form 2x -yes took a class but suffered for it in a terrible flare last night; had to take more meds, at home mellow
3) water, 6 glasses min- 5 (I kept knocking over water; I spilled more than I drank) 6 at least
4) cals, 1600 max (except Thursday)-1265, 1504
5) Plan meals -yup, yup
6) Stick to plan- yup traded out an an orange for an apple and ate a few tiny cheese samples but if I don't go totally offtrack I'm calling it a win, yup
7) Meditation - yes no
8) remember to be grateful every day - grateful for gym and DD coming home!!!!! MY GIRL IS HERE!!!!
9) stretch -yes, yes
Old 11-21-2012, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

I made a meal plan last night but immediately went off this morning in an attempt to lure DD to eat breakfast (something she rarely does.) It was better tho, lower carb.

But I can still keep on track:
Breakfast:
egg whites/no nitrite ham
mango
Lunch
organic turkey breast and goat cheese on local whole grain bread with lettuce, mayo, mustard or 1/2 sandwich and organic beef hotdog and sauerkraut
Dinner
grilled shrimp and scallops
broccoli
Snacks
fruit
nuts
string beans
coffee and iced coffee, decaf of course
Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

I made a meal plan last night but immediately went off this morning in an attempt to lure DD to eat breakfast (something she rarely does.) It was better tho, lower carb.
[..]
Dinner
grilled shrimp and scallops
broccoli
Snacks
[..]
string beans
Love shrimp and broccoli! Scallops, not so much. Tell me about the string beans for a snack... Just string beans?

I'm doing good on my first two goals this week: exercising more that 20 minutes each day, and thanking people. Don't know about the long term goals yet.

Good luck with Thanksgiving tomorrow everyone. I couldn't come up with an appropriate antonym for 'insane eating,' so that will have to do!
[Balanced? Not likely. Rational, nope ... sounds too much like rations. Discerning, maybe, but not quite, reasonable? Not on Thanksgiving! ...]

Have fun, y'all!

- Donna
Old 11-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

And, Mike, where are the goals this week? We're not letting you slack either.
yeah I'm slacking but I blame Tori, it's her fault!

Just taking a break, I'll be back next week, I promise. This week has been okay, still trying to figure out what's up with the bike. Diet has been so so, I'm going to TRY not to go crazy tomorrow. Even though I only worked just over 2 days this week, I wrote 2 polices (I just mention that because it's been in my goals). I haven't hit the gym at all this week, and may not. I'll check in tomorrow.

Remember people, it's the carb crash that's going to put your back on that sofa tomorrow, not the turkey!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz
Love shrimp and broccoli! Scallops, not so much. Tell me about the string beans for a snack... Just string beans?

I'm doing good on my first two goals this week: exercising more that 20 minutes each day, and thanking people. Don't know about the long term goals yet.

Good luck with Thanksgiving tomorrow everyone. I couldn't come up with an appropriate antonym for 'insane eating,' so that will have to do!
[Balanced? Not likely. Rational, nope ... sounds too much like rations. Discerning, maybe, but not quite, reasonable? Not on Thanksgiving! ...]

Have fun, y'all!

- Donna
Leftover string beans in garlic and olive oil, nom nom. I can even eat em cold but I will prolly heat em.
Oh man, grilled scallops - gotta come over and let my DH make em for you. You will be a convert.
DD's home from college (YAY!!!!!) and the kids are over eating like crazy and piling onto the couch. DH and I are in the kitchen drinking vodka gimlets (don't worry the "kids" are old enough to drive and I don't drink much.) But the insane food thing is starting already as I must "taste" things I am preparing...

Beware the insane food thing folks...

And Mike stop blaming Tori and get out here and run!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.