Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 11.12.12~~A Week To Not Be Weak

Old 11-12-2012, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

I'm BACK! lol
Got swamped with job and work for my sideline Firearms business. Haven't logged or made the gym in two weeks. I have been fairly good with eating and hovering around 220#.
GOALS:
Calories: Less than 1700/day
Workouts: 3 workouts this week.

I encourage everyone to go hard this week. Next week is THANKSGIVING (in the USA anyway) and you know you will have lots of temptations.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

TEAM MISFIT GOALS:

ToriD1012 - free online diet and fitness journal, 185.0

Meatless Monday--All vegeterian. No meat, seafood, poultry. Dairy is okay, no eggs.----YES!! I'm awesome like that
Tuna Tuesday--Tuna at some point during the day. Sammich, with crackers, however you want it
Walking Wednesday--Minimum of 3 miles
Thirsty Thursday--128 oz of water
Fried Food Free Friday--No fried foods all day
Stupendous Saturday--No real food restrictions, but don't go insane
Sun-day Sunday--2 hours, outside. As long as the sun is out

Lil Sis Specific:

1--spend quality time with the Jassi Cat--no
2--take all vitamins--no
3--go to credit union--no
4--keep up with paperwork--yes
5--clean bathroom--no

I wish I could take credit for all of the themes, but Mike helped/came up with most of them. I think I can take sole credit for Monday and Saturday.

Gonna go chill with my honey. Talk to y'all tomorrow
Old 11-12-2012, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back, Ron! Smart of you to recommend the thread to Lisa; she fits right in!

Joanna and Ama, our super smart scientists. Ama, now you got me curious about your screen name. I love that maintaining with a vengence.

I like the idea of a daily theme. Today would be Keep Moving Monday: did lots of work, went for a walk, (found local eggs for sale at a great price), kept moving all day. I'll come up with a theme for tomorrow. (kinda cheated today in that I name the them after the fact.)

Tori, now don't go giving Mike too much credit. You'll spoil him.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:56 AM

aww, thanks, Hope. That's awful nice of you.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

For today:

1.) Under 1400 calories/day - M: 1179
2.) Go to the gym x2
3.) Walk to car after work M-F (unless it's majorly raining or something) - M: Y
4.) 64 oz/day of water - M: Y
5.) Start (and finish! Oh god...) ASTRO 550 proposal - started writing, but found a fundamental flaw in my idea and may have to go back to the drawing board

Today was a pretty good day overall. I'm trying to remind myself of all the things that used to motivate me and help keep me on track. I'm also trying to not feel like I won't have accomplished anything until I lose the 12 lbs I gained back. It's an accomplishment from today - doesn't matter where I'm starting from.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

I'm in, just been super busy. Haven't logged anything but I will. I've been "meatless" all day. No jokes ladies and Ron. I did write 2 policies today, crushing my goal. Probably write 2 more tomorrow. I'm at pool league now and will try my best to update later, depending on when I get in.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for getting us started, sis.

T
EAM MISFIT GOALS:

ToriD1012 - free online diet and fitness journal, 185.0 http://www.fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=01gt4.6 188.2

Meatless Monday--All vegeterian. No meat, seafood, poultry. Dairy is okay, no eggs.----YES!! I'm awesome like that, Yep!! I rocked it, ate like crap though
Tuna Tuesday--Tuna at some point during the day. Sammich, with crackers, however you want it
Walking Wednesday--Minimum of 3 miles
Thirsty Thursday--128 oz of water
Fried Food Free Friday--No fried foods all day
Stupendous Saturday--No real food restrictions, but don't go insane
Sun-day Sunday--2 hours, outside. As long as the sun is out

Bubba Specific:

1--take all vitamins yes
2--floss daily! yes (about to)
DONE 3--write at least 1 yes (2)
4--take TPM out at least twice nope
5--2 RAKs nope

Lil Sis Specific:

1--spend quality time with the Jassi Cat--no
2--take all vitamins--no
3--go to credit union--no
4--keep up with paperwork--yes
5--clean bathroom--no
Old 11-12-2012, 08:34 PM

1. Target <1600 calories/day.
no.
2. Walk the park or big block 4x with Sara this week.
Yes!
3. Take meds 2x/day.
oops, forgot p.m.
4. Log everything.
yes.
5. Plan ahead this week a few healthier (or at least less bad) items to have next week during Thanksgiving.
working on it (see below).
6. Start reading labels and learning more about cleaner food choices.
tried, but felt a little lost.

Sara and I went and walked the path around the park yesterday. I was right. It was almost exactly 1 mile. It only took 20 minutes, and I'm already thinking we should try 2x around. I know, crazy, huh? lol I've always hated walking, but starting out this time they've been so nice and pleasant. Yea! Maybe I'll keep it up a little longer this time. There is more than one path...maybe we'll explore the longer path one of these days.

I went yesterday morning early and got a large portion of my Thanksgiving dinner shopping done. I feel ahead of the game this year. When I was talking to my nutritionist on Saturday I told her to try to help myself not get out of control I was going to make some "healthier" options and make a plan of attack so I don't go crazy insane on the food. We are having 8 people for dinner, and I bought 3 small pies. So 1 small slice of each per person. And 8 slices on those little pies are pretty dang small.

I traditionally do A LOT of baking at the holidays, and chocolate chip cookies are my kids' favorite thing I bake. This year I'm going to try a "healthier" recipe by adding oats, replacing most of the sugar with Stevia, maybe adding some whole wheat flour mixed in with the white flour, and replacing most of the butter with unsweetened applesauce. That's going to be my only baking. Except I've been really craving a mock baklava, so I don't know. It's just 137 calories/slice, but that's a big IF I only have one. Maybe I'll make the baklava on Sunday with some leftover turkey sandwiches. But then the baklava wasn't the kids' favorite, so I'll eat a lot of it myself. Maybe I should save that for Christmas when I can take it to the big gathering and share with lots of people. Ok, talking myself out of making that this time. Thanks for listening to my ramble and talk myself through a food trap of a holiday.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Lisa, I think talking it through like that is extremely helpful. It sounds like you have a good plan. I need to start thinking Christmas through, too. My son is having his wisdom teeth removed on the 27th, so if there are still a lot of goodies lying around, I'm in trouble! I usually do a lot of baking also and there are favorites and traditions we can't NOT make. Maybe just a half batch of the must-haves...and I already "gift" a lot of my baking, so maybe I'll give away some extra helpings. I have a website for you saved on my laptop for healthier holiday cookies if you're interested and can post it later.

Anyway, here's yesterday. Lunch was more caloric than I thought and something in it (grilled California chicken salad?) triggered me to be a carb monster yesterday, so I didn't do as well as planned, but it could have been much worse.

1. Keep calories low and make good food choices.Fair
2. Log everything; do not do a disappearing act when busy . Disappeared last night due to balky internet connections
3. Get enough sleep. Yes
4. Get some exercise every day (except Sunday; driving 12 hours). Yes
5. Drink water.Yes
6. Take vitamins. Yes
7. Don't procrastinate with work. Fair
8. Stay on top of the home stuff. Between fair and good

Headed out for an assessment and a couple clients today but will check in later. I'm definitely eating on the run today and will hit home about 7 after picking up the boy, so I'm thinking about quick dinner ideas; probably whole wheat pasta with amatriciana sauce...

Have a lovely day, everyone.

MERN, WHERE ARE YOU?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Cassie for reminding me that I may make a tin of cookies for my sister-in-law's parents for Christmas this year. Depends on where it is held.
My Mom used to bake a lot at Christmas but my sister-in-law isn't big on sweets and I don't eat as many so she usually just buys nanaimo bars for my brother--his favourite.

Ate well yesterday. Cereal toast, soup for lunch and salmon, rice and salad with fruit for dessert (dinner). Tori there was an article in the paper today about meatless mondays in Los Angeles--I think.

Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.