FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread 11.12.12~~A Week To Not Be Weak (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/8578-7-day-motivational-thread-11-12-12%7E%7E-week-not-weak.html)

ToriD1012 11-11-2012 01:18 PM

7-Day Motivational Thread 11.12.12~~A Week To Not Be Weak

Okay, I told Bubba I'd start us out a little early this week, cause I won't have time to in the morning. We've done our week a little bit different this week....each day is themed. Maybe by changing it up a little bit, he and I can stick to it a little bit better. So here goes nuthin......

TEAM MISFIT GOALS:

Meatless Monday--All vegeterian. No meat, seafood, poultry. Dairy is okay, no eggs.
Tuna Tuesday--Tuna at some point during the day. Sammich, with crackers, however you want it
Walking Wednesday--Minimum of 3 miles
Thirsty Thursday--128 oz of water
Fried Food Free Friday--No fried foods all day
Stupendous Saturday--No real food restrictions, but don't go insane
Sun-day Sunday--2 hours, outside. As long as the sun is out

Bubba Specific:

1--take all vitamins
2--floss daily!
3--write at least 1
4--take TPM out at least twice
5--2 RAKs

Lil Sis Specific:

1--spend quality time with the Jassi Cat
2--take all vitamins
3--go to credit union
4--keep up with paperwork
5--clean bathroom

**As always, we need to post starting weight, make logs public, and post the link to the log.

lcriswell0421 11-11-2012 06:57 PM

1. Target <1600 calories/day.
2. Walk the park or big block 4x with Sara this week.
3. Take meds 2x/day.
4. Log everything.
5. Plan ahead this week a few healthier (or at least less bad) items to have next week during Thanksgiving.
6. Start reading labels and learning more about cleaner food choices.

Tori, I really like your themed goals! Very creative, and it will keep things interesting I bet.

jjrudd 11-12-2012 01:05 AM

Tori I like the themed goals.

Not sure what my goals will be this week. Feeling really tired today so I think it will just be to eat within reason and drink lots of water.

Jenn

cjohnson728 11-12-2012 01:07 AM

I like the theme goals, too...very clever!

I guess my theme this week is good habits:

1. Keep calories low and make good food choices.
2. Log everything; do not do a disappearing act when busy :o.
3. Get enough sleep.
4. Get some exercise every day (except Sunday; driving 12 hours).
5. Drink water.
6. Take vitamins.
7. Don't procrastinate with work.
8. Stay on top of the home stuff.

canary52 11-12-2012 01:43 AM

Very cool approach to goals, Tori. Not sure what my theme would be... Maybe: if it's broke, fix it; if it aint, don't...

Goals:
1) Plan food
2) < 1600 calories
3) 6 glasses H2O min
4) stretch
5) some form of exercise, even at home 2x min
6) pull self up by bootstraps

Planning food has worked. Since I started, I lost the extra 4 pounds I gained not watching.

cjohnson728 11-12-2012 01:51 AM

Yowza, Hope, that's fantastic! Come to think of it, the week I did the best, I planned meals, too. I should get my thinking cap on. I'm going out to lunch with a former coworker today and will get my usual, some form of grilled chicken on a salad with dressing on the side (and which I hardly ever use). Dinner tonight will be fish, brown rice, and a veg (not sure what's in there). Snacks? Orchard apple and almonds, and/or PB on celery.

Thanks for the reminder, Hope :).

meachan 11-12-2012 01:54 AM

Hi everyone! I'd love to join in if that's OK! :)

Yesterday was my 30th birthday, and it was such a lovely day -- a trip to the symphony and a lovely dinner with friends! Knowing my favorite food is chocolate, a number of friends as well as my boyfriend were very sweet (pun intended!) and bought me some of my favorite chocolate-themed treats.

However, on a whim, and mostly to be silly, I said to them "You know, I don't eat sugar anymore...that was something I did when I was 29!" Everyone laughed, as I have been trying to give up sugar for the past three YEARS and it never lasts. However, magically, yesterday I actually WAS able to resist refined sugar all day!!

So I only have two goals this week and they are VERY simple/basic, mostly because detoxing from refined sugar makes me a sad sad puppy D:

1. NO REFINED SUGAR (eating foods containing natural sugar, such as fruit, is OK)
2. Go to the gym for an hour at least once a day (but preferably go twice)

My weight is slightly higher than it's been all year (was holding pretty steady at 141, now i am closer to 144), so I am hoping this helps me!

Good luck everyone with your goals this week, love all of the support and encouragement in this place! :)

canary52 11-12-2012 02:32 AM

Welcome Meachan! Yeah I can't do sugar either and when I do, I pay for it and have found it's not worth it. But I find the longer I go without it, the less I want it so that's good and I hope it works like that for you too. Good luck with yoru goals!

Cassie so glad I "motivated" you!!! Your plan sounds very healthy.

So here goes, my plan:
Had
3/4 of an Ezkiel English muffin with raisins and tofutti cream cheese
1/4 apple (DH couldn't finish and I hate throwing out food)

Lunch
egg whites,no nitrite ham, mushrooms and onions
apple

Dinner
filet of sole in panko
winter squash

Snacks:
nuts and fruit or I'll put pb on that apple (thanks for the idea, Cassie!!)
Vitamuffin
no nitrite ham

bojibridge 11-12-2012 03:50 AM

I'm in for the week. I'm starting to feel a little desperate, truthfully. I'm up 12 lbs from my all time low (which was in early July). I really, really, really don't want to lose any more ground. I'm thinking maybe I need to be a little more forceful with myself, rather than trying to ease into things. You know, kind of jar myself into line, if you will. So, here goes...

Goals:
1.) Under 1400 calories/day
2.) Go to the gym x2
3.) Walk to car after work M-F (unless it's majorly raining or something)
4.) 64 oz/day of water
5.) Start (and finish! Oh god...) ASTRO 550 proposal

amalthea1892 11-12-2012 04:50 AM

Goals:
Lots of Water:
Focus on Whole Foods:
Vitamin Daily:
Exercise Daily:

Lifestyle Goals:
Quit stressing:
Quit making excuses not to exercise:
Start getting up earlier:
Decorate something:
Daily Theme: M- Mild Mannered Monday (aka no freaking out!),

DH and I spent all day Saturday painting the master bedroom and bath. It went from swampy green (previous owners must have been color-blind) to a beautiful light colonial blue. Ahhh… It is Monday am and I still have not recovered – my hands still hurt and my neck has a big kink in it… ibuprofen.

Tori – Love the themes! I think I’ll try to do some also, and post in the morning the theme of my day.

Lisa – The label says “Natural Choice” across the front. I used to only be able to get it at specialty stores, but now can get it at big box groceries like Winco! Good luck!

Cassie – I got into researching decaf when I was pregnant, but really prefer the full leaded version as well. Thanks for sending the weblink to food facts – I spent at least an hour on there yesterday looking up the food in my cupboard to see how they rate. If I had a smart phone I would probably spend hours in the grocery looking up each product before putting it in the cart. I love how in the program you can click on red flagged ingredients to get a description of each. Thanks again!

Joanna – Yay another scientist on the thread! I have a minor in physics and DH in astrophysics – we are big time stargazers. Maybe you have figured out where my handle comes from? Good luck with your proposal and with your goals for this week!

Hope – Great work losing the 4 lbs! I like your goals this week!

Jenn – I loved that you posted your picture last week. So nice to put a face with the name! Nice simple goals this week!

Meachan – Welcome to the thread!

Happy Monday - :D Ama
5'6", 40yo
Maintaining with a Vengeance