Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 11.12.12~~A Week To Not Be Weak

Old 11-16-2012, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
Thanks for the great suggestion(s). That really should work. Thing is, I can do three sets of 20 on my knees. I can do them in really good form, too. My wrists give out long before my shoulders or back does. Can't do them on my toes, though. I just don't get it, but it is what it is, I guess. I try to work on upper body w/TRX twice a week, (emphasis on try ... ) I'm sure I'll get there eventually, but it's taking a lot longer than I thought it would.

I'll add that I'm not discouraged that it's easier for my man, rather that I saw this as a challenge. One I'm just not doing too well at.

- Donna
Wow, if you can already do 20 then you may want to do that routine starting with 20. Then work your way down as the breaks get shorter. As for your wrists, it's best to keep your wrists straight. If you have a set of dumbbells, put them on the floor and grip them. This should keep your wrists straight, or you can do them on your knuckles... or get push up stands which use the same concept as the dumbbells.
Seeing it as a challenge is good.

Update:
I'm way behind on my updates, I've been doing decent (the goals are pretty easy) but I have not walked. The easiest goal... riding the motorcycle may not happen, it's been kinda cold but I may suck it up and quit being a wimp and go out for a ride tonight. Right now, I'm at 4 policies for the week and may end up with 1 more.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi,

This is my first post to the motivational thread... wow, where to begin... I tend to be a type B, so organizing is like an ill-fitting pair of heels! However, I'll grow from that mentality:

This week's goals

1. Go to gym 6x/wk
2. Do pilates at least 1x/wk
3. Do yoga at least 1x/wk
4. Finish off 2 liters of water everyday
5. Eat vegan at least 1 day/wk
6. Surf the Web and find low-fat recipes

Behlor

Weight journey: 11.02.12 = 239 lbs, 11.09.12 = 243 lbs, 11.16.12 = 243.8

Original weight: 239 lbs
Goal: 135 lbs
Mini goal: 225 lbs
Old 11-16-2012, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday and Thursday catchup

GOALS:
Calories: Less than 1700/day: 1596, 1795, 2055, 1833
Workouts: 3 workouts this week. MON,TUES,WED,THUR

Welcome Behlor!!!

Mike;
Are you really using the COLD as an excuse not to walk in New Orleans??? So cold you had to put on long pants and a sweatshirt? LOL. I'm surprised Tori didn't beat you up for that one.

Need to make it to the gym tonight to hit my workout goal. German Chocolate birthday cake has destroyed my daily calorie goal. The good thing is it is all gone.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rpmcduff

Mike;
Are you really using the COLD as an excuse not to walk in New Orleans??? So cold you had to put on long pants and a sweatshirt? LOL. I'm surprised Tori didn't beat you up for that one.
No, that was my excuse not to ride TPM. I put on my thermal shirt, leather jacket, leather gloves, helmet and backed her out the garage. I said, dammit, I'm gonna go for a ride. It was only 60* but felt like mid 50's for some reason. I know on the bike it would would feel damn cold. It's okay though. This southern boy was gonna man up. [boring guy talk]Cranked it up, pulled in the clutch, put her in 1st and she lurched forward and killed, while the clutch was still in. Did this several times. Pushed her back into the garage. Came to the conclusion that it was the clutch. Worked on her until I could get it in gear and it would stay running. This has the clutch really tight, so I think my clutch may be going out, with only 3500 miles on the clock. I'll try to play with it some more tomorrow. If it starts to give me fits again, she's going back to the stealership. Maybe I can get them to upgrade me to a nice race clutch that can handle a small shit of nitrous?[/end bring guy talk]
Old 11-17-2012, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week:
Finish sewing my friends birthday present.DONE!
Keep the kitchen table cleared off. M, T,W, TH,F
Iron the mountain of ironing. Pants are all done...
Go to water class this week!!W
No pistachios! T,W!TH,F
Log food. T,W, Th

Hope and Joanna- yeah it is always amazing to me how much free therapy I get from my dogs. Sleep therapy, emotional, food therapy! When my dogs KNOW to drink their water first thing in the morning and after exercise and just sip here and there all day, I hear their slip-slap of their tongues in the water bowl and it triggers me To go grab my water too!

Mike- I know cars and bikes are two totally different animals, but I do notice in my Honda when the temps are below say 50degrees my car literally leaps out of first into second, and I'm an automatic! Scares the begeezes out of me! I hope you dont have to replace your clutch so soon.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

) Plan food -yes, yes, yes but went off plan, yes but what good did it do in the Island of Lost Food? went off plan (the restaurant didn't have the fish I wanted) but stayed "good"
2) < 1600 calories, 1180, 1663 1362 oh who knows? Do you know how many calories are in a mini cheesburger the size of your thumbnail? I think not. Who even knows how many I ate? 1360
3) 6 glasses H2O min - no , 6 ? does wine count? IDK
4) stretch- yes, no yes,yes, yes
5) some form of exercise, even at home 2x min -home execise and walk, no yes at home no at home - thanks, Donna, for that idea! Exercising anywhere, who knew? You did!
6) pull self up by bootstraps - talked to therapist, "retail therapy" and saw friend, went to a concert with DH and had fun, got personal advice from famous well published writer, went to a banquet with many people there; went out to fabulous dinner with friends

Last edited by canary52; 11-18-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by frenchhen3
Goals for the week:
Hope and Joanna- yeah it is always amazing to me how much free therapy I get from my dogs. Sleep therapy, emotional, food therapy! When my dogs KNOW to drink their water first thing in the morning and after exercise and just sip here and there all day, I hear their slip-slap of their tongues in the water bowl and it triggers me To go grab my water too!
That's why I don't drink enough water...LOL. See? I told DH I need a dog!
Old 11-17-2012, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
Breakfast:
toast with good healthy marg and jelly
Lunch:
leftover chicken marsala (yum)
Dinner:
salmon
veg
Snacks:
nuts
apple
Poker:
one beer (One, you hear me?)
chips
sugar free chocolate
Old 11-17-2012, 01:54 AM

1. Target <1600 calories/day.
no. / no 1700. / yes 1571. / close enough 1612. / really bad...2112.
2. Walk the park or big block 4x with Sara this week.
Yes! / no. / no. / no. / didn't walk the park or block but did a lot of shopping with Sara.
3. Take meds 2x/day.
forgot p.m. / forgot p.m. again. / yes. / I can't remember if I did or not. / yes.
4. Log everything.
yes. / yes. / yes. / yes. / yes. painful.
5. Plan ahead this week a few healthier (or at least less bad) items to have next week during Thanksgiving.
working on it. / in progress. / done i think.
6. Start reading labels and learning more about cleaner food choices.
tried, but felt a little lost. / did some reading. / a little. /

Pizza night last night killed my calories last night.

Hope, that's a LOT of purple...great job!
Old 11-17-2012, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the acknowledgement, Lisa! I think it's mainly because I wrote a lot. LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.