Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 11.12.12~~A Week To Not Be Weak

Old 11-16-2012, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week:
Finish sewing my friends birthday present.DONE!
Keep the kitchen table cleared off. M, T,W, TH
Iron the mountain of ironing. Pants are all done...
Go to water class this week!!W
No pistachios! T,W!TH
Log food. T,W, Th

Mike you are right, I might go ahead and start that weight training now. At least some simple stuff here at home, or go to my yoga class a little early and do some stuff there in the room before anyone shows up.

I had trouble sleeping last night for the first time in a long time. I laid awake for two hours from 1:30-3:30. Finally got up and read with my book light on the couch for a chapter or so. My yellow Lab who sleeps at the foot of my bed came out and curled up next to me on the couch and pretty swiftly I laid down with him, my head on his leg/tummy, and we were a couple of snoring puppies before long. I'm not sure if I had a carbohydrate issue, dehydration, or if it was just my mind racing that prohibited me from returning to sleep. I drank all my self-prescribed water and ate a pretty protein-rich/ fiber-rich dinner... I just hope it doesn't happen again tonight.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

For yesterday:

1.) Under 1400 calories/day - M: 1179, T: 1511, W: no idea, but a lot, Th: 2365
2.) Go to the gym x2 - Th: Y
3.) Walk to car after work M-F (unless it's majorly raining or something) - M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, Th: Y
4.) 64 oz/day of water - M: Y, T: Y, W: N, Th: Y
5.) Start (and finish! Oh god...) ASTRO 550 proposal - M: started writing, but found a fundamental flaw in my idea and may have to go back to the drawing board, T: still floundering, although thought awfully hard about it, W: Reeeeaally need some inspiration, Th: Okay, think I'm on my way with this

Yesterday was a bust, calorie-wise. I mean, there was the cheesecake... and then there was more cheesecake. And as Cassie would say, after dropping one egg, I went ahead and dropped the other 11! I need to go to the gym today, so hopefully between that and trying to stay within calorie limits, I'll do better today.

I'm sorry you had trouble sleeping, frenchhen, but how cute to sleep with the puppy!

Last edited by bojibridge; 11-16-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh, it's like a have a food hangover today. I ate all kinds of weird unidentifiable foods last night, which is not a good move for someone with food allergies and sensitivites. But I also have hypoglycemia and was working a banquet to help out my Writing Center and standing on my feet in dress up shoes (as a writer, I rarely dress up, for me, a good clothing day means I haven't dropped toothpaste on my shirt) and as always, hungry. It was like I was in the Island of Lost Foods - such odd stuff, little weird hors d'oeuvres (the tiniest BLT ever with chopped ham, I guess and oddly colored sushi and mini cheeseburgers) and unidenifiable appetizers wrapped in puff pastry. The main course was good. I ate dessert, which I rarely do (at least not this rich chocolately creamy stuff.) So today I have zero motivation. I am only thankful I don't seem to have gained any weight from this. It was a workout just wearing heels on uneven floors and not falling flat on my face. And you know how once you fall off the wagon it's tough to climb back on? First you've got to chase the wagon and yell "Hey wait up!" Then you've got to get a strong foothold to pull yourself up. Then you've go to stay on the darn thing and not fall off again. And I have a shmancy dinner tonight and I have no idea of the menu. None. Plus poker tomorrow which means beer (or chocolate vodka yum!! or port yum yum!!!) and snacks. Heavy sigh. What's a girl to do? "Hey! Wait up, guys!!!!"
Old 11-16-2012, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Plan food -yes, yes, yes but went off plan, yes but what good did it do in the Island of Lost Food?
2) < 1600 calories, 1180, 1663 1362 oh who knows? Do you know how many calories are in a mini cheesburger the size of your thumbnail? I think not. Who even knows how many I ate?
3) 6 glasses H2O min - no , 6 ? does wine count?
4) stretch- yes, no yes,yes
5) some form of exercise, even at home 2x min -home execise and walk, no yes at home no
6) pull self up by bootstraps - talked to therapist, "retail therapy" and saw friend, went to a concert with DH and had fun, got personal advice from famous well published writer, went to a banquet with many people there
Old 11-16-2012, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Frenchhen, awwww....... what a cute picture I have of you and the doggie asleep. I love labs. Never had a dog but would love to have a yellow lab.

OK food plan:
Breakfast
Ezkiel English muffin with low fat cheese
apple
Lunch:
tuna on local peasant bread with lettuce and onion
fruit
Dinner (I am going to a place with fixed menus: appetizer, main course and dessert)
app: umm clams or something not fried, if they have em
dinner: fish and veg
dessert: maybe apple pie or if they have sorbet or fruit
snacks:
popcorn and sugar free chocolate if we go to the movies
or almonds and fruit, if not

Snacks:
Old 11-16-2012, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, I love your progression with the ASTRO plan; it shows how much hard work goes into accomplishing something.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Here's my suggestion... quit doing [push-ups] how you are doing them. That was easy, huh? No, seriously, the only what you are going to get better at them is to get stronger. The only way to get stronger is to work the muscles. You probably aren't working the muscle much doing one every now and then. I would either go back to your knees and crank them out until you can't do one more, [...] I would also not do them every day, assuming you are cranking them out and wearing the muscle down. Give yourself a day between to let the muscle recover. Then the next day 20 (or however many) more. It's okay to do multiple sets on the days you do them, but give them a day to heal. [...]
That should get you were you want to be before the next year passes you by!
Thanks for the great suggestion(s). That really should work. Thing is, I can do three sets of 20 on my knees. I can do them in really good form, too. My wrists give out long before my shoulders or back does. Can't do them on my toes, though. I just don't get it, but it is what it is, I guess. I try to work on upper body w/TRX twice a week, (emphasis on try ... ) I'm sure I'll get there eventually, but it's taking a lot longer than I thought it would.

I'll add that I'm not discouraged that it's easier for my man, rather that I saw this as a challenge. One I'm just not doing too well at.

- Donna
Old 11-16-2012, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Paint? Are you sure that was me?

Sorry Hope, seems I was confused! Again!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fri.

(Actually Thursday)
  • Exercise > 40 mins 3 days: 30, 50, 0, 20,
  • Calories < 1600 per day: 1572, 1598, 1535, 1506
  • Protein > 50 grams / day: 63, 61, 58, 63
  • Vegetables > 3 servings: Y, Y, N, Y
Old 11-16-2012, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz
Sorry Hope, seems I was confused! Again!
No prob!!! Good luck with the push ups and the weights!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.