Goals:
Lots of Water: Y, Y
Focus on Whole Foods: Mostly, Mostly
Vitamin Daily: N, Y
Exercise Daily: Stretching, Yoga

Lifestyle Goals:
Quit stressing: Sorta, Doing pretty good
Quit making excuses not to exercise: N, N
Start getting up earlier: N, Y (set the coffee maker to go off at 6 so the beeping is my new alarm clock),
Decorate something: N, N
Daily Theme: M- Mild Mannered Monday (aka no freaking out!), Tu - Order a Turkey Day - DONE ordered a 20lber to feed 9 plus have leftovers.

I found a new evil nemisis... Girl Scouts - okay, not the scouts themselves, but the tins of chocolate covered toffee almonds they are peddling. And the mint chocolate penguins that are truly irresistible. I did manage to pack the caramel treasures into a care package for Granny and ship them out the door yesterday - Whew. I could have done some damage to those in no time flat!

Hope ya'll have had a great day!

Welcome to the thread gwheelock915! I'm looking forward to seeing your goals!

Ama
5'6", 40yo
Maintaining with a Vengeance
Old 11-13-2012, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Catch-up time!

Haven't posted since last week, but at least I logged everything. Guess I'll just work on the same goals as last week ... and I'm still on a quest for perfect push-ups. I did one once (1.5 I'd like to work up to a much higher number, but that not currently a realistic goal. I did pretty good on my stated goals last week, though though cals peaked in the weekend!

Last week:
  • Exercise > 40 mins 3 days: Y
  • Calories < 1600 per day: 5 days, Daily avg: 1575
  • Protein > 50 grams / day: 5 days, Daily avg: 58
  • Vegetables > 2.5 c / day: 5 days, (not the same days as above)
This week:
  • Exercise > 40 mins 3 days: 30, 50
  • Calories < 1600 per day: 1572, 1402 (so far ... )
  • Protein > 50 grams / day: 63, 55
  • Vegetables > 3 servings: Y, Y
Old 11-13-2012, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

Hope: Sorry to hear about your illness. I'm in awe that you could paint.
I get a really bad reaction to paint, even the low VOC stuff. and have a massive urge to flee every time I'm around it.

- Donna
Old 11-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Donna, what seems to be your problem with push-ups? Is it the keeping your body straight (plank) or the upper body strength? If its the strength, try to do it with your upper body elevated some. Maybe put your hands up on some books or a low table. Just make sure it's stable and you do push out to many and eat the table.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Donna, what seems to be your problem with push-ups? Is it the keeping your body straight (plank) or the upper body strength? If its the strength, try to do it with your upper body elevated some. Maybe put your hands up on some books or a low table. Just make sure it's stable and you do push out to many and eat the table.
I've also heard you can do them on steps; start a few steps up and move down a step at a time as you get stronger.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:37 PM

1. Target <1600 calories/day.
no. / no 1700.
2. Walk the park or big block 4x with Sara this week.
Yes! / no.
3. Take meds 2x/day.
forgot p.m. / forgot p.m. again.
4. Log everything.
yes. / yes.
5. Plan ahead this week a few healthier (or at least less bad) items to have next week during Thanksgiving.
working on it. / in progress.
6. Start reading labels and learning more about cleaner food choices.
tried, but felt a little lost. / did some reading.

Haven't been doing so good on my meds. Need to get that back in check. I can feel my mood shifting already. Not good.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

1. Keep calories low and make good food choices.Fair, Pretty Good
2. Log everything; do not do a disappearing act when busy . Disappeared last night due to balky internet connections; I'm here now, aren't I?
3. Get enough sleep. Yes, Yes
4. Get some exercise every day (except Sunday; driving 12 hours). Yes, Yes
5. Drink water.Yes, Meh
6. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes
7. Don't procrastinate with work. Fair, Not so great but not bad
8. Stay on top of the home stuff. Between fair and good , Yes
Old 11-14-2012, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

For yesterday:

1.) Under 1400 calories/day - M: 1179, T: 1511
2.) Go to the gym x2 - T: Y
3.) Walk to car after work M-F (unless it's majorly raining or something) - M: Y, T: Y
4.) 64 oz/day of water - M: Y, T: Y
5.) Start (and finish! Oh god...) ASTRO 550 proposal - M: started writing, but found a fundamental flaw in my idea and may have to go back to the drawing board, T: still floundering, although thought awfully hard about it

Had a good day yesterday overall, despite my calories being a bit over. I went out with friends and got a couple drinks, but I think it was worth it. Finally got to the gym for the first time since August, I think. Now I get to deal with figuring out my blood sugars, as the gym always sends them south - which is good, but you all remember what it was like trying to level them out before. It's a good problem to have, I suppose

Today will be interesting though, calorie-wise. The guy I've started dating recently is making dinner for me, which is awfully sweet, but I can guarantee you that calories will be the last thing on his mind. In any case, I'll eat anything he serves, but try to keep in moderation anything particularly calorific.

Last edited by bojibridge; 11-15-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone!

1. NO REFINED SUGAR (eating foods containing natural sugar, such as fruit, is OK)
2. Go to the gym for an hour at least once a day (but preferably go twice)

Goal #1 - Monday: YES (yay!), Tuesday: YES (double yay!)

Goal #2 - Monday:YES, Tuesday: YES

I almost didn't make it -- I am SO tired/run down/groggy/cranky from this whole sugar detox thing, a literally almost broke down and ate the chocolate bars on my apartment's communal table like 15 times, lol! We'll see how long it lasts, my roommates are taking bets now ;D

Have a happy Wednesday to one and all!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

welcome Gwheelock! Your goals are great!

Goals for the week:
Finish sewing my friends birthday present.DONE!
Keep the kitchen table cleared off. M, T
Iron the mountain of ironing.
Go to water class this week!!W
No pistachios! T
Log food. T

I'll try to update my post a little later when I have some more time. You are all doing a great job this week!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.