Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 11.12.12~~A Week To Not Be Weak

Old 11-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by frenchhen3
Mike- I know cars and bikes are two totally different animals, but I do notice in my Honda when the temps are below say 50degrees my car literally leaps out of first into second, and I'm an automatic! Scares the begeezes out of me! I hope you dont have to replace your clutch so soon.
wow that doesn't sound good. I work on it today and changed the oil and that seems to have done the trick. The motor oil on a bike runs through the clutch. Even though I only had a 1000 miles on that oil (full synthetic too!) I went racing twice, so I think the oil was just shot... I hope!
Old 11-17-2012, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Behlor!!!

So I made it (not too well calorie wise) through a banquet and (pretty well) through a gourmet dinner but tonight is poker with the guys (I am an "honorary guy" there like Mike and Ron are "honorary women" on this thread, no offense, guys.) There are lots of chips, shots and beer involved in poker night...

Good luck with your clutch, Mike, cause tonight I'm an honorary guy and we care about stuff like that... Seriously, sorry to hear you're having problems (I'm such a girl haha.)

Apologies to all feminists including myself for above comments.

Last edited by canary52; 11-17-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Hope. I hope she not hurt, is so I'll build her stronger and faster! Good luck with poker night. Clean house with them, not in a sexist way.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

) Plan food -yes, yes, yes but went off plan, yes but what good did it do in the Island of Lost Food? went off plan (the restaurant didn't have the fish I wanted) but stayed "good" WENT OFF PLAN
2) < 1600 calories, 1180, 1663 1362 oh who knows? Do you know how many calories are in a mini cheesburger the size of your thumbnail? I think not. Who even knows how many I ate? 1360 could not tell because I WENT OFF PLAN and ate a billion chips and drank port
3) 6 glasses H2O min - no , 6 ? does wine count? IDK 6
4) stretch- yes, no yes,yes, yes no
5) some form of exercise, even at home 2x min -home execise and walk, no yes at home no at home - thanks, Donna, for that idea! Exercising anywhere, who knew? You did! no
6) pull self up by bootstraps - talked to therapist, "retail therapy" and saw friend, went to a concert with DH and had fun, got personal advice from famous well published writer, went to a banquet with many people there; went out to fabulous dinner with friends played poker, kicked butt and took names, won $20 and was smart enough to quit.

But I could not quit eating!!! Lost 5 pounds in total. But gained two back in chip weight!!! Not happy about that. Mike, where was that hammer, smashing those chips?

Last edited by canary52; 11-18-2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
Breakfast:
low fat no lactose cheddar on Ezkiel English muffin
Lunch:
egg whites with no nitrite ham, organic mushrooms and onions
Dinner:
grilled salmon
local spinach in garlic and oil
Snacks:
local apple
orange
cocoa roasted almonds

My goal for next week might have to be STICK to plan which will be hard because:
a) Thanksgiving
b) child will be home; her friends will be here; food will be rampant

Already making excuses!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here! So, totally threw in the towel on Friday and Saturday food and drink wise. I did go to the gym on Friday, though.

For last two days:

1.) Under 1400 calories/day - M: 1179, T: 1511, W: no idea, but a lot, Th: 2365, F: A lot, S: A lot
2.) Go to the gym x2 - T: Y, F: Y
3.) Walk to car after work M-F (unless it's majorly raining or something) - M: Y, T: Y, W: Y, Th: Y, F: Y
4.) 64 oz/day of water - M: Y, T: Y, W: N, Th: Y, F: N, S: N
5.) Start (and finish! Oh god...) ASTRO 550 proposal - M: started writing, but found a fundamental flaw in my idea and may have to go back to the drawing board, T: still floundering, although thought awfully hard about it, W: Reeeeaally need some inspiration, Th: Okay, think I'm on my way with this, F: Working, S: Working...closing in on it, although it's driving me crazy!
Old 11-18-2012, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Keep at the writing Joanna. Good job staying with it.

Jenn
Old 11-18-2012, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Jenn! It's got a sharp deadline of 5 PM tomorrow, so it'll get done.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:57 AM

Keep up the hard work, Joanna! You're doing great!

I have totally fallen off track by a mile with my goals and calories the past 2 days. I don't know what my problem is. Stress probably. It's so bad I haven't even bothered trying to log it. Let's just say Colby Cheez-Its were a food group and I ate a long-ago favorite today...cream cheese jalapeno poppers. Oh, and about a million little granola bars. Soooooo bad. I was feeling kind of unhappy, and then I ate all the wrong things and now I feel unhappy about that. You know how that vicious cycle goes. Will start again in the morning.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421
Keep up the hard work, Joanna! You're doing great!

I have totally fallen off track by a mile with my goals and calories the past 2 days. I don't know what my problem is. Stress probably. It's so bad I haven't even bothered trying to log it. Let's just say Colby Cheez-Its were a food group and I ate a long-ago favorite today...cream cheese jalapeno poppers. Oh, and about a million little granola bars. Soooooo bad. I was feeling kind of unhappy, and then I ate all the wrong things and now I feel unhappy about that. You know how that vicious cycle goes. Will start again in the morning.
Start now. Make the rest of the day better (tho I don't know if we have a time difference or what your time there is.) But start now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.