Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 11.12.12~~A Week To Not Be Weak

Old 11-15-2012, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Plan food -yes, yes, yes (went off plan on dinner tho)
2) < 1600 calories, 1180, 1663 1362
3) 6 glasses H2O min - no , 6 ?
4) stretch- yes, no yes
5) some form of exercise, even at home 2x min -home execise and walk, no yes at home
6) pull self up by bootstraps - talked to therapist, "retail therapy" and saw friend, went to a concert with DH and had fun

Last edited by canary52; 11-15-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
Breakfast:
Ezkiel English muffin with low fat swiss
Lunch:
left over chicken and lamb kebab with Greek salad
Dinner (a crap shoot because I am working a fancy dinner/tribute to a famous author)
6 or 7 hors doeuvres
glass of wine
Fish
veg
salad
Snacks:
apple
sugar free chocolate (to help me avoid dessert; I'd rather have the hors douevres. They were yummy last year)

Have been planning meals but even when I go off, I have guidelines.And last night I ate shish kebab and salad rather than a gyro which saved calories. Woo hoo.
Will try to catch up with posts; busy week; class Tuesday, concert last night, banquet tonight, fancy dinner Friday, poker Sat, plus a work deadline. Yikes!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

For yesterday:

1.) Under 1400 calories/day - M: 1179, T: 1511, W: no idea, but a lot
2.) Go to the gym x2 - T: Y
3.) Walk to car after work M-F (unless it's majorly raining or something) - M: Y, T: Y, W: Y
4.) 64 oz/day of water - M: Y, T: Y, W: N
5.) Start (and finish! Oh god...) ASTRO 550 proposal - M: started writing, but found a fundamental flaw in my idea and may have to go back to the drawing board, T: still floundering, although thought awfully hard about it, W: Reeeeaally need some inspiration

Calories were over and water was under yesterday, but it's alright. I had a really good time last night at dinner. Sadly, he left the cheesecake... I'm going to try to get my roommate to eat some.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Theme for today: Temptation Thursday. I worked this literary banquet last year and the food (especially the hors d'oeuvres) was fabulous. Gonna try to have will power...

Joanna, so glad your dinner went well but sorry about the calories... hey I might be singing the over calorie song tomorrow myself... plus it IS great he wanted to cook for you...

Last edited by canary52; 11-15-2012 at 02:36 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz
Hope: Sorry to hear about your illness. I'm in awe that you could paint.
I get a really bad reaction to paint, even the low VOC stuff. and have a massive urge to flee every time I'm around it.

- Donna
Paint? Are you sure that was me?
Old 11-15-2012, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lcriswell0421
aww, thanks, Hope. That's awful nice of you.
Belated response: It's true.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by frenchhen3
Mike- thanks for your tips on the push-ups. I am not great at them either but your advice is good and I will try to apply it. When I reach my weight loss goal (2 more stubborn pounds) I am going to throw some actual weight training into my workout routine. (I am currently doing cardio for weight loss and Strength yoga 3 x a week)
Why wait? Throw in the weight training to HELP you lose the last 2 pounds.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default I wanted to check in to see how everyone was doing...

And I keep getting ads for $5 off a crave case at white castle. Oh the irony!
Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 PM

1. Target <1600 calories/day.
no. / no 1700. / yes 1571. / close enough 1612.
2. Walk the park or big block 4x with Sara this week.
Yes! / no. / no. / no.
3. Take meds 2x/day.
forgot p.m. / forgot p.m. again. / yes. / I can't remember if I did or not.
4. Log everything.
yes. / yes. / yes. / yes.
5. Plan ahead this week a few healthier (or at least less bad) items to have next week during Thanksgiving.
working on it. / in progress. / done i think.
6. Start reading labels and learning more about cleaner food choices.
tried, but felt a little lost. / did some reading. / a little. /

I have such a hard time remembering my meds, and since I'm bipolar that is not a good thing for any aspect of my life. Need to get out of this! A couple years ago the state did a ton of cut backs and really slashed mental health care. That's when I lost my therapy. Bad thing. Yesterday I took steps to get a new therapist through my husband's work insurance, even though it will cost a lot...I need it! Hoping I find a good therapist quickly. Finding one you click with is really a challenge sometimes. Also hoping that getting back into therapy will help me keep my moods more even and things will become more consistent. Losing weight when you're feeling in a funk all the time is really hard.

Hope everyone has a great and successful day!
Old 11-15-2012, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

Lisa, maybe you could get a days of the week pill reminder box. I know I have forgotten to take evening meds a couple of times. I take the evening ones with supper so I put them beside my plate.

Good luck with finding a therapist. I agree very hard to find someone you click with.

I have been reading everyone's posts. Have been eating healthy--finally had more energy yesterday.

Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.